Vernon Davis Traded to Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
I'm glad your wording there was not VD will make Denver happy...That's almost never the case...
I do wonder how Denver feels about getting VD, they probably needed someone on the other end of Peyton's balls

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So the whiners basically traded him away for a 2017 6th round pick.

Because the difference between the broncos 6th rounder next year and the whiners 7th next year will only be 2 or 3 spots.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I don't think Vernon is great anymore. That said The difference in draft position in negligible here. This seems to be a better trade for Denver if Peyton can get Vernon to produce in any way, and he will do better with Manning than he did with Kap. The Niners get rid of another player from their already depleted offense. If they're looking to tank, they are taking the right steps.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Virgil Green is better then Davis. I think Elway gets fired if they don't win the Super Bowl this year.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If they can only get that for Davis, we aren't getting anything for Cook.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Very cheap price for a guy who might have been suffering from the play of the offense around him. If he can't rebound with Manning at QB he's got nothin left.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I dunno man. VD is old and soft now. Pun intended.

I don't know, I think if you put him in another offense and he'd do well. He was wasted in SF. We'll see if I'm right when he plays with the Broncos.

You could maybe get similar value for Cook I guess, because he's younger and under contract for longer. I just think he's a worse player than VD.

Memphis Ram

Legend
How so? They are rebuilding and they got 2 better picks for the price of a worst pick and a guy who is a shell of himself.

What are we expecting him to put up with retirement home Peyton Manning under center? If he is ranked ROS as a 10-15 TE in the league assuming health and production, is that really a net positive for the Broncos to surrender two 6th round picks for a single 7th?

Let me put it this way: ROS, where would you rank Vernon Davis on THIS Broncos team (not the Broncos everyone remembers that puts up billion points and yards a game, but this lowly version)

Charles Clay
Eric Ebron
Jason Witten
Martellus Bennett
Jacob Tamme

Davis blocks better than all them.

DenverRam

Starter
as a part broncos fan, i am super excited about this. Nothing like watching Denver get better while the 49ers get worse.

Stel

Starter
If they can only get that for Davis, we aren't getting anything for Cook.

Davis is a half year rental. He is a UFA at the end of the season. Not a lot of trade value in an aging, declining veteran in his walk year. Cook has caught more balls for more yards over the last three seasons than Davis. Davis hasn't done much of anything in the last two years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really don't get this for the Broncos. Is a busted Vernon Davis and a 7th round pick really better than 2 6th round picks and a not busted Owen Daniels?

If this is the going rate for a brittle, over rated, over the hill TE like Davis, I can't imagine what a player who is worth a darn is worth (looking at you, Alshon). More importantly I don't like what this says for a guy like Cook who is seemingly over valued by his current team.

They're betting that Davis hasn't been playing up to his potential due to a QB and offense that doesn't suit his skill-set anymore. Manning's skill-set and the Denver offense do suit Davis well. We'll see if he's truly done or if he has something left. Don't forget that a lot of people felt Fitzgerald was pretty much done not too long ago.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's a 10 year vet.....with excellent speed....move TE....

to all you young ROD members...that DON'T think QB, situation, and motivation (last year of contract) mean anything...Watch this guy become relevant again....He'll be a match-up nightmare with Peyton.....And he'll be in the playoffs...how soon we forget how he was crying after some big catch a few years ago....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't understand this 49ers Organization.
Do they even want football players for their football team anymore?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand this 49ers Organization.
Do they even want football players for their football team anymore?

This was the right move for them. Vernon has been a problem in the locker-room.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This was the right move for them. Vernon has been a problem in the locker-room.
I can't imagine anyone on that team being a "locker room guy" right now, quite honestly.