Vernon Davis begged Rams defender to let go of his groin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Vernon Davis, in between a day of leaping over defenders at will, suffered what may have been one of the season's most painful tackles on Sunday, getting dragged to the ground by his penis.

Davis laid on the ground for a while, understandably. Afterward, he related his first person account of the incident, in which he begged his tackle to please, for the love of god, let go.

"I'm still thinking about it. I can feel it," said Davis, who was in good spirits. "It was a crossing route, I made the play and as soon as I got my hands on the ball, (McDonald) was grabbing me right there in that space, that area, and I kept telling him, 'Let go, get off me, get off me,' and he wouldn't let me go."

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Why would a defender let go? Do you think VD (those are funny initials) would go down? Hell no, he'd keep running

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At least someone was able to hold onto the ball yesterday.
Good job, McDonald.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Be a while before VD can give anyone VD i guess:razz:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Apparently,,, he was able to bring down VD while only having hold of less than an ounce of flesh.

I give TJ credit for being able to make that kind of a shoe-string grab.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
"I'm still thinking about it. I can feel it," said Davis, who was in good spirits. "It was a crossing route, I made the play and as soon as I got my hands on the ball, (McDonald) was grabbing me right there in that space, that area, and I kept telling him, 'Let go, get off me, get off me,' and he wouldn't let me go."

Oh my God. What a chilling and touching first person account of a horror story. I'm wondering, did he say this when he was doing his post game interviews? You know, the ones where he's wearing fake glasses and plays big boy pseudo intellectual. As if any non fart sniffing bay rat gives two fucks about anything that comes out of his mouth. What a deep individual though really.

Maybe we should do 20 more interviews with him about how he's grown up since Singletary threw him out of a game for having a temper tantrum.

It's football bitch. The defender grabs onto what he can and takes you to the ground. You'll live.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh my God. What a chilling and touching first person account of a horror story. I'm wondering, did he say this when he was doing his post game interviews? You know, the ones where he's wearing fake glasses and plays big boy pseudo intellectual. As if any non fart sniffing bay rat gives two fucks about anything that comes out of his mouth. What a deep individual though really.

Maybe we should do 20 more interviews with him about how he's grown up since Singletary threw him out of a game for having a temper tantrum.

It's football bitch. The defender grabs onto what he can and takes you to the ground. You'll live.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Apparently,,, he was able to bring down VD while only having hold of less than an ounce of flesh.

I give TJ credit for being able to make that kind of a shoe-string grab.
Plagiarist! :heh:

jap

Legend

Exactly! That's why cups exist. If VD refused to use one, that's on him. All these silly remarks about having the NFL prevent guys from grabbing his "tower of power" is ridiculous when he refused to wear the appropriate equipment.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
This play had us laughing. McDonald was just trying to grab hold of something to make a tackle. He ends up making a successful tackle that would have been illegal in MMA.

Then you see Davis just laying there holding himself and I'm thinking, what, no cup? I can't imagine playing in the NFL without a cup!

So they show the replay in slow motion because, well it's just too funny not to and it's painfully obvious that the dude still keeps trying to run well after McDonald's hand finally finds a good hold of something.

Now I'm thinking, I know this is slow motion and all but I'm thinking whoah, if a dude's got me by the junk I'm hitting the ground faster than a reflex butterfly goalie on a slapshot. Yet here this dude is, carrying a defensive back by his sack and sacrificing the family jewels and for an extra yard or so.

Now that's grim determination!