Venturi on Bradford and team as a whole

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Yamahopper said:
RaminExile said:
Yamahopper said:
Coach V flip flop much?

We drafted Phillip Rivers. And that's just fine. You can win a lot of games that way, Enough to win a SB with a good defense and a good running game maybe.

He was also 100% wrong on Cook. The slot is why he never stood out in Tenn. and isn't here. He needs to line up outside the hashmarks to stay away from the LB's and bigger safeties. He has the speed, so let him use his size against the smaller CB's. Not like were going to miss his blocking. And if they still want to jam him with a LB then the running game got a whole lot better.

quote]

I agree with this 100 per cent. He just has to learn how to run block better. I don't even mean he has to become a grade A run blocker - but he has to at least try.

Cook could be in the league a 100 years and he will never be a decent blocker. That's not him.
What he can be is a little slower, less agile megatron along the sideline. Fades, outs and jump balls he would dominate. he's a half foot taller and has 50 pounds on a lot of CB's.
The Rams need to use his size.
Otherwise he'll be one of those guys that we wonder what went wrong.
The way off season talks were going I thought we were going to use him more like a reciever that's why we paid him as such.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Rabid Ram said:
Yamahopper said:
RaminExile said:
Yamahopper said:
Coach V flip flop much?

We drafted Phillip Rivers. And that's just fine. You can win a lot of games that way, Enough to win a SB with a good defense and a good running game maybe.

He was also 100% wrong on Cook. The slot is why he never stood out in Tenn. and isn't here. He needs to line up outside the hashmarks to stay away from the LB's and bigger safeties. He has the speed, so let him use his size against the smaller CB's. Not like were going to miss his blocking. And if they still want to jam him with a LB then the running game got a whole lot better.

quote]

I agree with this 100 per cent. He just has to learn how to run block better. I don't even mean he has to become a grade A run blocker - but he has to at least try.

Cook could be in the league a 100 years and he will never be a decent blocker. That's not him.
What he can be is a little slower, less agile megatron along the sideline. Fades, outs and jump balls he would dominate. he's a half foot taller and has 50 pounds on a lot of CB's.
The Rams need to use his size.
Otherwise he'll be one of those guys that we wonder what went wrong.
The way off season talks were going I thought we were going to use him more like a reciever that's why we paid him as such.

One would think that would be the plan.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Once again i agree with most of what Venturi had to say. I also think he's spot on with his take on Bradford.
My observation of Sam has been that he's got everything it takes to be great...except for the God given instincts that so very few QB's have.

I'm still 100% behind Sam as a supporter and a Rams fan,but i don't think he gets that 5th season here if he doesn't start to really shine and elevate the production of this young offense.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I quite like these Venturi segments that X posts. His assessments always seem to be fairly level headed. I also thought Neil Rackers' bit afterwards was interesting. If I was in Sam's position and knowing that QB's in this league can disappear in an instant, I would be all over my offensive team mates demanding more from them. Especially the o-line. I know this isn't necessarily in his personality but sooner or later he's probably going to be fighting for his career (I hope I'm proven wrong on this) and he can't simply go out with a whimper.

Some interesting comments in response to this. Cook isn't being used in the way we all hoped he would but then neither are any number of other weapons. And one thing we can all agree on is that this team has weapons.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
This should be the week when Sam gets to use all the weapons we have that have been disused or neglected these past 4 weeks. Hoping for 400 yards and 5 td's from those weapons!

nighttrain

Legend
rhinobean said:
This should be the week when Sam gets to use all the weapons we have that have been disused or neglected these past 4 weeks. Hoping for 400 yards and 5 td's from those weapons!
there is this! hoping for a breakout for all facets of offence and it continues into the season. Some D wouldnt hurt
train

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
LumberTubs said:
Some interesting comments in response to this. Cook isn't being used in the way we all hoped he would but then neither are any number of other weapons. And one thing we can all agree on is that this team has weapons.

I have to laugh a little bit. It's Lance Kendrick's rookie season all over again! He had that HUGE pre-season, we were all licking our chops and then lo-and-behold, the O-line takes a dump and Lance is toiling as an in-line blocker much of the season. It seems as though history repeats itself again here in STL.

Cook will beat his usual Tennessee numbers this season, but it definitely won't be without effort. Both those TE's are going to be earning money with chip blocks and the such. Much help is needed up front. Kind of a weird catch-22 though, TE is supposed to be a QBs best friend, but he can't exactly bail him out when he's having to stay in and block.

Chin up gang, these Rams will turn it around!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Just getting caught up and I didn't read the complete thread. Soooo

For me thats why Sam liked Josh McDaniels. Josh let Sam Play ball!