Vent Thread - Rams at Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
Utterly frustrated at McVay! He made Higbee non-existent in the offense and if your run game isn't working and you have RBs that can catch out of the backfield...GET THEM OUT ON THOSE LBs!!!

Anybody see that? So our team is now 3-5 and the OLine is so make shift it's rickety!

Post season play is really in jeopardy at this point...and lastly, have you noticed when Stafford throws side arm he's throwing low all the time? That elbow ain't right folks!!!
our RB vs Tampa bay linebackers in the pass game isn't a good match up

they have two of the fastest cover lbs in the NFL.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There’s no quick fix to this mess. It’s not all on the Oline either. Snead and McVay neglected the Oline for years. They knew Big Whit couldn’t play forever. Then we draft fucking Atwell. This team is just plain bad right now. WTF
Thank god the trade for Burns didn’t go through.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
There are many factors and still stories to tell for Sean. I won't go so far as to say he is no longer an effective OC. I will say Martz trended down fast after the league figured out how to defend him. Sometimes all the creativity is in the initial design and there isn't enough flexibility and adjustment to reach or sustain that level of success. It often takes constant evolution and designing around the personnel you have you have not the personnel you don't

That's likely true, but how much time and dedication is placed on consistanly achieving & maintaining that level of success becomes a major factor. Does a recently married 36 year old HC rely on what may have worked a year ago without constant adjustments, or does he spend the time required to make those necessary innovations that keeps him ahead of the competition ? There may be a reason that older coaches whose families are mostly grown have traditionally become leaders of their team, McVay at times appears burdened by the many responsibilities, and for his mental & physical health, finding that proper balance between home & work may be more elusive.
Perhaps i'm just imagining things, maybe I'm looking for answers where there really is no question.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think both sides of this argument are true.
1. The Offense was absolutely terrible today. We deserved to lose based on the offensive performance
2. The Defense played very well for 59+ Minutes. The scheme on the last drive was bad and allowed TB to not only get 8-12 yards every play, but also get out of bounds and stop the clock. Like was mentioned earlier, in that situation, you can give up yards OR let them stop the clock, but absolutely cannot do both.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I did mention to my wife that Stafford's throws looked off yesterday - usually by a yard

A lot of times he had wide open players that he flat out just missed
Probably because he spent so much time on his back.

Tano

Legend
Probably because he spent so much time on his back.
Yeah he probably had one eye on Evan's guy and one eye on his receiver

I mean almost every time Stafford dropped straight back to pass (I would say 9 out of 10 times), Evan's guy broke free and put pressure on Stafford.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The offense is just an absolute shit show. While some choose to offer a pass due to the o-line, I say horse shit. The weakest link on the line is a guy who's in his 4th season with the club. Adding to the mix is the blatant lack of use from TE to help in blocking, because they all suck at it and its been ignored for years. RB? Good grief, it's all "fuck them picks" when we are winning, but when the Rams need to buy, the price all of sudden becomes important? The Akers drama was so mishandled and clearly isnt resolved. They needed to add a body to the room at the deadline, and if it was to be Kyren Williams, then he needed to play on sunday.
McVay's answer for offensive woes is to find creative ways to get the ball to Kupp. And its his only answer.
16 points per game. Disgusting. With a 40 mill QB & 40+ mill in WR.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
What is interesting is that the Rams' soft defensive scheme has been getting more and more national media attention (see: criticism). Curious if that sparks changes.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The offense is just an absolute shit show. While some choose to offer a pass due to the o-line, I say horse shit. The weakest link on the line is a guy who's in his 4th season with the club. Adding to the mix is the blatant lack of use from TE to help in blocking, because they all suck at it and its been ignored for years. RB? Good grief, it's all "fuck them picks" when we are winning, but when the Rams need to buy, the price all of sudden becomes important? The Akers drama was so mishandled and clearly isnt resolved. They needed to add a body to the room at the deadline, and if it was to be Kyren Williams, then he needed to play on sunday.
McVay's answer for offensive woes is to find creative ways to get the ball to Kupp. And its his only answer.
16 points per game. Disgusting. With a 40 mill QB & 40+ mill in WR.

Hear! Hear! Horse shit I say, Horse shit.

Ellard80

Legend
What is interesting is that the Rams' soft defensive scheme has been getting more and more national media attention (see: criticism). Curious if that sparks changes.
yeah most of this board is blaming the shitty offense... which is definitely to blame.

but all national media is all focused on the defensive strategy at the end of the game.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
You can’t honestly say that the D wasn’t gassed.
Can you?
I mean… what do you think was gonna happen when they couldn’t get a first down?
We all know the offense was and is garbage right now.

My argument is simple: The Defense was on the field last, with the lead and proceeded to let Tampa move like they hadn't done all damn day long. 60 yards in 38 seconds.

To that point, unbelievable as it sounds both sides of the ball had done enough for the win. And then out comes the 10 yd cushion on Scotty Miller. I swear, it was like watching the last 1:40 of SB 36...

Ellard80

Legend
Yeah he probably had one eye on Evan's guy and one eye on his receiver

I mean almost every time Stafford dropped straight back to pass (I would say 9 out of 10 times), Evan's guy broke free and put pressure on Stafford.
Stafford played poorly today and overall, his numbers are much worse. Today I thought was his 2nd worse game of the year.

However, he has only 1 turnover in the past 3 games.

The collapse of the offensive line started it and now I think he is rushing his decision-making because of the lack of confidence in what is in front of him.

if this cause-and-effect relationship doesn't improve then the 0 will never recover.

AZRams

There are some obvious issues with the coaching staff evaluations IMHO. I'm going to refrain from Bobby Evans all of us have had enough and @oldnotdead posting having Ty Nsekhe play LT with Jackson playing LG seems like a much better option as Evans needs to be taken off the field.

Derion Kendrick is proving why he was overlooked in the draft, he just can't man up because he's slow. Even in zone, he's way off the WR giving up too much space and his penalty was costly too. Where in the hell is Durant? Is he still injured? And again let's go with Shaun Jolly instead because I know he can press much better then Kendrick.

Playing not to lose, that's what we did yesterday, the coaching staff is scared, you can see it in McVay's eyes. The Offensive Line has been neglected for too long and with all the injuries everything else has suffered. I look for some major changes next season and God help us all getting through this year.
Telling you they don't trust their personnel, on both sides of the ball, without telling you they don't trust their personnel.

AZRams

stafford played poorly today and overall his numbers are much worse. Today i thought was his 2nd worse game of the year.

However, he has only 1 turn over in the past 3 games.

The collapse of the offensive line started it and now I think he is rushing his decision making because of the lack of confidence in what is in front of him.

if this cause-and-effect relationship doesn't improve then the 0 will never recover.
Seems pretty clear he doesn't trust the line to give him time and/or he doesn't trust anyone but Kupp to get the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.