Vent Shment

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Really how much can you bitch about this one? Defense is lights out early on, but the offense just can't put it together. Which is kind of to be expected with a QB who is still unpacking his suitcases. Valiant effort overall. Clemens looks like a gamer, DX showed us that badass range, and Jackson is Jackson.

I don't typically bitch about refs, but this time they flat out sucked. SO bad in fact, that Dahl got flagged for telling them that, and the fans at the stadium started the chant "refs you suck" after they walked the Bengals into the endzone late in the game. Just truly pathetic. Plus, Clemens got smacked in the head 3 times that I counted and there wasn't a single flag.

Anyway. End rant.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The refs definitely sucked that game, but I'm so frustrated with this whole season, that it doesn't really matter that much. I just hope 2012 is a better year.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I'm done venting. No point in venting at this point in the season. As stated, the D is playing very well and giving chances to the offense. I say keep Spags and McD, and load up on offense in the draft. I'm talking WR, RB, and O-Line. Throw in a cornerback somewhere too. I think McD deserves time to get players that suit his offense. JMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
GcBean said:
I'm done venting. No point in venting at this point in the season. As stated, the D is playing very well and giving chances to the offense. I say keep Spags and McD, and load up on offense in the draft. I'm talking WR, RB, and O-Line. Throw in a cornerback somewhere too. I think McD deserves time to get players that suit his offense. JMO.
Works for me. Good post.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'll post some pictures that my friend took with the tickets later on today. She sent me a few, but she was too into the game to remember to take pictures all the time. She said she'll send me some more, but as a warning she said she looks like she's 16 in half the pictures, so she might be worried I'll make fun of her. However she did get a picture with Rampage.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
I'll post some pictures that my friend took with the tickets later on today. She sent me a few, but she was too into the game to remember to take pictures all the time. She said she'll send me some more, but as a warning she said she looks like she's 16 in half the pictures, so she might be worried I'll make fun of her. However she did get a picture with Rampage.
That's awesome man. Glad she had a good time.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
I don't typically bitch about refs, but this time they flat out sucked. SO bad in fact, that Dahl got flagged for telling them that, and the fans at the stadium started the chant "refs you suck" after they walked the Bengals into the endzone late in the game. Just truly pathetic. Plus, Clemens got smacked in the head 3 times that I counted and there wasn't a single flag.
My guess is they were trying to protect their 7.5 pt spread in Vegas.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'm going to keep on defending Spags through out the duration of his time as the Head Coach of the St. Louis Rams.

I'm not pissed. Some players didn't execute. The D was good(aside from some plays that Green broke free in).

Ultimately, though, I could see Kroenke/Devaney saying Spags laid his own bed when he decided to cut a few players off the roster. Remember, Spags has final say in the 53 man roster. Devaney just supplements him with players

Lesson

Oh, really?
Oh and I love how the refs called a helmet to helmet hit on Sims, yet Cincy got away with one on Clemens.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Also, Gordy needs to be back in St. Louis next season.

King can get the fuck out. I want Bartell/Fletcher/Gordy/Murphy and one more CB.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Why the fuck does Jennifer Lopez keep doing these shitty Fiat commercials??? You honestly think she gives a shit about "being inspired" in the streets??

And those Fiats are fuckin ugly. Good lord man I wouldn't be caught dead drive those things. Seriously now there's Gucci Fiats? Huh??? I like those old school Chevys. Buy 'Murican.

At least JLo is hott in those commercials.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
I'm going to keep on defending Spags through out the duration of his time as the Head Coach of the St. Louis Rams.

I'm not pissed. Some players didn't execute. The D was good(aside from some plays that Green broke free in).

Ultimately, though, I could see Kroenke/Devaney saying Spags laid his own bed when he decided to cut a few players off the roster. Remember, Spags has final say in the 53 man roster. Devaney just supplements him with players
Who did he cut that could have made a difference? Leber/Williams is the only puzzling one to me. Most other guys needed to be cut to make room for street free agents who needed to play immediately (at other positions). You can say Thaddeus Lewis if you want, but really? The preseason guy? It's important to determine whether or not a player was good to begin with, and that's impossible to do if you use preseason performances as the criteria.

And I think there's more to the Avery release than we know about. He's invisible right now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:

King can get the fuck out. I want Bartell/Fletcher/Gordy/Murphy and one more CB.
We had some promising cbs who went on IR early. Dinkins looked good before he went down.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:

Who did he cut that could have made a difference? Leber/Williams is the only puzzling one to me. Most other guys needed to be cut to make room for street free agents who needed to play immediately (at other positions). You can say Thaddeus Lewis if you want, but really? The preseason guy? It's important to determine whether or not a player was good to begin with, and that's impossible to do if you use preseason performances as the criteria.

And I think there's more to the Avery release than we know about. He's invisible right now.

I'm not going to complain about Avery's release. I have no problem with Curry making the roster over Avery. I love Curry.

Aside from Jabara, Butler over Nelson. Ah You over Selvie(though, this one is a push).

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:

King can get the freak out. I want Bartell/Fletcher/Gordy/Murphy and one more CB.
We had some promising cbs who went on IR early. Dinkins looked good before he went down.

Dinkins, yes. But I think he has to prove himself over a guy like Marquis Johnson.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
That's awesome man. Glad she had a good time.
Awesome.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Some of playcalling frustrated me. I didnt like the trick play on 3rd down. Clemens wasnt terrible, at least wasnt a turnover machine. I know we have a 3rd string QB in there and he hasnt been here that long, but I just want a few long, sustaining drives in the 1st half. Is that too much to ask?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
JdashSTL said:
Some of playcalling frustrated me. I didnt like the trick play on 3rd down. Clemens wasnt terrible, at least wasnt a turnover machine. I know we have a 3rd string QB in there and he hasnt been here that long, but I just want a few long, sustaining drives in the 1st half. Is that too much to ask?

3rd down playcalling was freakin awful.

On 3rd and short McD calls for sweeps and outside tackle runs. One of them from the damn shot gun. Correct me if I'm wrong but the fastest way to a point is in a single straight line. We'd get 5+ yard gains on 1st, 2nd down and then on 3rd and short can't get it. Steven Jackson is not the type of back for those type of plays.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
JdashSTL said:

3rd down playcalling was freakin awful.

On 3rd and short McD calls for sweeps and outside tackle runs. One of them from the damn shot gun. Correct me if I'm wrong but the fastest way to a point is in a single straight line. We'd get 5+ yard gains on 1st, 2nd down and then on 3rd and short can't get it. Steven Jackson is not the type of back for those type of plays.

Yeah McD really liked the outside runs in this game, and if were gonna be doing that quite a bit shouldnt we try it with Norwood? He came in on one play and slipped.