Vent Mock Draft: Blow It All Up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry guys but this is a vent mock. I told myself I wouldn't do this until the Rams eliminate themselves from the playoffs but I need something to pick me up after that loss today. I lost a lot of my confidence in Fisher. I reserve the right to change my opinion on everything but I'm very unhappy after today.
Fire
Jeff Fisher HC
Frank Cignetti OC

Retain
Gregg Williams DC

Hire
Ben McAdoo HC or Todd Haley HC

I'm hopeful that if Fisher goes, we can convince Gregg Williams to stay. Although, I don't know how he'd take being passed over for the HC spot. My guess is not well. I've been very impressed with Ben McAdoo from the Giants although there are rumors that he's the HC in waiting there so we might not be able to pull him. Haley is another interesting name because he's done an amazing job in Pittsburgh and had mixed success in KC despite Cassel. My only concern with him is that I heard bad things about his ego and the way he dealt with players in KC (they didn't like him). If those things are true, I'd shy away from hiring him. McAdoo would be my first choice if the Giants offense continues to look good.

Release
Jared Cook TE

I strongly considered releasing Laurinaitis as well but decided that we should keep him but still draft his successor.

Re-sign
Trumaine Johnson or Janoris Jenkins (one of the two)
Mark Barron
Rodney McLeod
Will Hayes
Daren Bates
Benny Cunningham
Greg Zuerlein
Brian Quick
Tim Barnes
Cory Harkey

Free Agency
DL Depth
Other Depth

*I'm projecting another Jeff Fisher type season with us ending up between 6-10 and 7-9*
NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #12 - Vernon Hargreaves III CB Florida

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKcTBjJMoRA

Analysis: Hargreaves may not fall this far or he may. This CB class is talented and VHIII isn't having quite the dominant year this year. He's also had some issues with being nicked up in college. Jalen Ramsey likely gets drafted before him and there are rumblings that Cameron Sutton or TreDavious White could jump him. Either ways, it's our gain. VHIII is a perfect fit in the our off man/zone scheme.

Round 2 Pick #12 - Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XpUJ84H5Oo

Analysis: I'm not a big fan of Mannion so I'd draft a QB of the future. Wentz could end up in the first round if he does well in the post-season bowl games (especially the Senior Bowl). He's 6'6" 230 with a rifle for an arm and good mobility. He's calm and composed in the pocket and shows impressive touch when needed. There are still some areas of his game that need developing as he tends to be flat-footed in the pocket, needs to hit the strike zone on the WR with more consistency (sometimes just puts it on his guys rather than putting it in the right spot), and needs to further develop his field vision. That all said, his physical tools are off the charts good, he is a good decision maker, and he'll have at least a year to develop behind Foles if he needs it.

Round 2 Pick #18 - Pharoh Cooper WR South Carolina

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByZbdt53MxQ

Analysis: Eagles end up in the 7-9/8-8 range. I know what you're thinking, "No, not another small WR!" Yes, we are drafting another small WR. However, this small WR has been compared to Randall Cobb and Golden Taint for a reason. He's tough as nails, uses his body/strength extremely well, catches everything in his wheelhouse, and is very dangerous with the ball in his hands. Yes, he's only 5'11" 210 but this WR class is starting not to look so great and the Rams could use more talent at the position.

Round 3 Pick #12 - Skai Moore ILB South Carolina

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedo605GiEk

Analysis: Here is Laurinaitis's heir apparent. Moore will need a year to add some weight but he's about the only good player on South Carolina's defense right now. He's an excellent coverage LB and does a great job of reading the QB and making plays on the football. He also possesses excellent range, is unafraid to attack the LOS despite being a bit undersized, and will play physically with blockers. He's not going to run over OGs but he's good at working around them and filling running lanes. Athletic ILB with good instincts and a great motor.

That's all I have for now. Yes, this draft is SEC heavy but I have only seen so many players thus far.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Love Hargreaves. He's going to be an elite corner in this league in my opinion and you are right, he's the perfect fit for our scheme. I hope he would fall that far, it's definitely possible.

I don't want another small WR, but I'd be fine with Cooper. He's a playmaker.

Don't know too much about Wentz or Moore but I like the positions.

What's the TE plan?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love Hargreaves. He's going to be an elite corner in this league in my opinion and you are right, he's the perfect fit for our scheme. I hope he would fall that far, it's definitely possible.

I don't want another small WR, but I'd be fine with Cooper. He's a playmaker.

Don't know too much about Wentz or Moore but I like the positions.

What's the TE plan?

We deal with Kendricks and Harkey and possibly a Day 3 pick or a cheap FA. Kendricks fucked up big time today but he's serviceable. Plus, McAdoo tends to run a lot more 3 WR sets than 2 TE sets so TE isn't nearly as much of a staple of that offense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sorry guys but this is a vent mock. I told myself I wouldn't do this until the Rams eliminate themselves from the playoffs but I need something to pick me up after that loss today. I lost a lot of my confidence in Fisher. I reserve the right to change my opinion on everything but I'm very unhappy after today.
Fire
Jeff Fisher HC
Frank Cignetti OC

Retain
Gregg Williams DC

Hire
Ben McAdoo HC or Todd Haley HC

I'm hopeful that if Fisher goes, we can convince Gregg Williams to stay. Although, I don't know how he'd take being passed over for the HC spot. My guess is not well. I've been very impressed with Ben McAdoo from the Giants although there are rumors that he's the HC in waiting there so we might not be able to pull him. Haley is another interesting name because he's done an amazing job in Pittsburgh and had mixed success in KC despite Cassel. My only concern with him is that I heard bad things about his ego and the way he dealt with players in KC (they didn't like him). If those things are true, I'd shy away from hiring him. McAdoo would be my first choice if the Giants offense continues to look good.

Release
Jared Cook TE

I strongly considered releasing Laurinaitis as well but decided that we should keep him but still draft his successor.

Re-sign
Trumaine Johnson or Janoris Jenkins (one of the two)
Mark Barron
Rodney McLeod
Will Hayes
Daren Bates
Benny Cunningham
Greg Zuerlein
Brian Quick
Tim Barnes
Cory Harkey

Free Agency
DL Depth
Other Depth

*I'm projecting another Jeff Fisher type season with us ending up between 6-10 and 7-9*
NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #12 - Vernon Hargreaves III CB Florida

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKcTBjJMoRA

Analysis: Hargreaves may not fall this far or he may. This CB class is talented and VHIII isn't having quite the dominant year this year. He's also had some issues with being nicked up in college. Jalen Ramsey likely gets drafted before him and there are rumblings that Cameron Sutton or TreDavious White could jump him. Either ways, it's our gain. VHIII is a perfect fit in the our off man/zone scheme.

Round 2 Pick #12 - Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XpUJ84H5Oo

Analysis: I'm not a big fan of Mannion so I'd draft a QB of the future. Wentz could end up in the first round if he does well in the post-season bowl games (especially the Senior Bowl). He's 6'6" 230 with a rifle for an arm and good mobility. He's calm and composed in the pocket and shows impressive touch when needed. There are still some areas of his game that need developing as he tends to be flat-footed in the pocket, needs to hit the strike zone on the WR with more consistency (sometimes just puts it on his guys rather than putting it in the right spot), and needs to further develop his field vision. That all said, his physical tools are off the charts good, he is a good decision maker, and he'll have at least a year to develop behind Foles if he needs it.

Round 2 Pick #18 - Pharoh Cooper WR South Carolina

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByZbdt53MxQ

Analysis: Eagles end up in the 7-9/8-8 range. I know what you're thinking, "No, not another small WR!" Yes, we are drafting another small WR. However, this small WR has been compared to Randall Cobb and Golden Taint for a reason. He's tough as nails, uses his body/strength extremely well, catches everything in his wheelhouse, and is very dangerous with the ball in his hands. Yes, he's only 5'11" 210 but this WR class is starting not to look so great and the Rams could use more talent at the position.

Round 3 Pick #12 - Skai Moore ILB South Carolina

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedo605GiEk

Analysis: Here is Laurinaitis's heir apparent. Moore will need a year to add some weight but he's about the only good player on South Carolina's defense right now. He's an excellent coverage LB and does a great job of reading the QB and making plays on the football. He also possesses excellent range, is unafraid to attack the LOS despite being a bit undersized, and will play physically with blockers. He's not going to run over OGs but he's good at working around them and filling running lanes. Athletic ILB with good instincts and a great motor.

That's all I have for now. Yes, this draft is SEC heavy but I have only seen so many players thus far.

I hate that I am here again. I gave Fisher every chance but now I have finally lost faith. I agree it is time to blow it up. Get a fresh mind in here and a better Oline coach too. I don't know much about McAdoo but if he would be considered I hope he has some innovative ideas for O

Stel

Starter
Personally, I like cb Kendall Fuller. I wanted his brother in 2014 and I think he may end up being better.