VCRams rock n roll thursday.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Bored at home. The wife is gone to her sisters for the next 2 weeks. Time to party.

Start off with a little Rush. Passage to Bangkok.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Follow that one up with another Rush song. One of my all time favorites. Analog Kid.

I remember playing this song over and over back in 1982 on my way to Nebraska where I stayed on my Uncles ranch for the summer.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Rams fans got to hold on.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Nice stuff! Passage to Bangkok is a classic and I love me some Alabama Shakes! Sounds as if you're making the most of your 2 weeks without the wifie.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Nice stuff! Passage to Bangkok is a classic and I love me some Alabama Shakes! Sounds as if you're making the most of your 2 weeks without the wifie.

It's going to be a killer two weeks. Fishing with my three brothers tomorrow.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Do you guys fish fresh water or the Pacific?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I am a member of the neighborhood watch. I can't keep track of all the hoodlums I've caught.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Do you guys fish fresh water or the Pacific?

Tomorrow we will be doing some fresh water bass fishing in Ojai California at lake Casitas. I'm not much of a fisherman myself but my younger Bro is into it big time. We're going on his boat.

I know there is some whoppers in lake Casitas. I have another buddy who is a pro bass fisherman and he catches 10+ pounders out of their all the time.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Should be a nice trip. The area around Ojai is beautiful. I've got to get out that way again soon.

I know what you mean about not being much of a fisherman. I live in the FL Keys, often touted as "The Sportfishing Capital of the World" and I've got 3 foot long Snook just lurking off my dock and I still haven't figured how to pull one of them out of the canal! :(

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Love me some tight tee shirts..

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Should be a nice trip. The area around Ojai is beautiful. I've got to get out that way again soon.

I know what you mean about not being much of a fisherman. I live in the FL Keys, often touted as "The Sportfishing Capital of the World" and I've got 3 foot long Snook just lurking off my dock and I still haven't figured how to pull one of them out of the canal! :(

I used to be into it 15 years ago but I find myself being more into conservation as I age. I'm cool with just sitting on the boat and not catching anything.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I used to be into it 15 years ago but I find myself being more into conservation as I age. I'm cool with just sitting on the boat and not catching anything.
I'm with you there! I love the water, enjoy diving, surfing and just being on a boat but I have little to no desire to catch my own.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Snook are very smart. I have a 42" one hanging on my office wall. I only caught her because I literally crawled down the beach so she couldn't see me before I casted out a line.

One way you can get that snook to bite is to condition it by throwing some chum to it everyday. Normally they will only take live bait, but they are known to hang out around bait shops and cleaning tables on the water and wait for scraps. They learn this pretty quickly. I would try shrimp ... you can get frozen bait shrimp cheap and throw a little thawed shrimp in for several days... I bet the snook will start eating it... then you just have to throw some in along with your baited hook. Use a good quality leader because of their sharp gill plates.

This next option is much more efficient,,, but it is illegal. Snook are extremely easy to spear... they stay perfectly still when you're lining up your spear ... so I've been told. LOL