Updated list of prospects visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This is from over at TST.

Darqueze Dennard has pre-draft visit with Rams
By Ryan Van Bibber @justRVB on Apr 7 2014, 2:51p

The St. Louis Rams are bringing another potential first-round cornerback to Rams Park for one of their 30 pre-draft visits. Michigan State's Darqueze Dennard, the cousin of current New England Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard, will visit the Rams, Jets, and Bengals as well.

Dennard was the 15th player picked in this week's mock draft from SB Nation, the second corner off the board after Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert. Those two are widely considered the first two corners likely to be picked in the draft this year. And both will have paid a visit to St. Louis as part of the pre-draft screening process.

It's an interesting consideration for the Rams, who are obviously looking for more depth at the cornerback position. Dennard's a physical player, one who is probably at his best in man coverage. He'd be a nice fit for the outside of Gregg Williams' defense.

A trio of Dennard, Trumain Johnson and Janoris Jenkins would give the Rams a solid group of starting corners. Johnson and Dennard look more like the kind of cornerback pairing popularized by the Seahawks, with muscled up defenders on the outside harassing receivers. It makes you wonder if drafting either Dennard or Gilbert wouldn't send Jenkins into the slot on a full-time basis.

Another player visiting the Rams this month is North Dakota State offensive tackle Billy Turner. He's 6'5, 315 pounds, and played a key role for the FBS champions Bisons.

Former Bisons head coach Craig Bohl is considered a master of finding diamond-in-the-rough types that get overlooked by the bigger programs. So, yeah, Turner could be an ideal kind of Coach Paul Boudreau player ... except his college play is likely to get him picked in the second or third round of the draft.

So, here's the list of players that we know of, so far, who are visiting the Rams.

Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
Jadeveon Clowney, DL, South Carolina
Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
Aaron Donald, DL, Pittsburgh
Kony Ealy, DL, Missouri
Justin Gilbert, DB, Oklahoma State
Reggie Jordan, TE, Western Missouri
Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Calvin Pryor, DB, Louisville
Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
Stephon Tuitt, DL, Notre Dame
Billy Turner, OT, NDSU

Teams are allowed a total of 30 pre-draft visits with players, so obviously, the Rams have more to get through. Ealy and Jordan do not count toward that list of 30 pre-draft visits because they're considered local players.

Bonus!!!

Billy Turner is the subject of a forthcoming documentary called Driven. It comes out Wednesday.

So anyone notice who is missing from the list? And who I am very happy to see is on it??

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Missing from the list is Watkins and you are happy about Benjamin?

Or missing Manzeil,happy about Carr?

Watkins has a visit, list is not accurate.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Missing is Clinton-Dix, and happy Pryor is on there.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Missing from the list is Watkins and you are happy about Benjamin?

Or missing Manzeil,happy about Carr?

Watkins has a visit, list is not accurate.

Nvm, Watkins is going to be coming in for a visit, just not sure the details have been set yet.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
HAPPY they are looking at Billy Turner.(y)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Kelvin Benjamin, that's awesome I hope he falls quite a bit kids got a lot of potential!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I see Turner as a fallback option in case they get a trade offer that they cannot refuse and move too far back to get one of the top tackles. It will be interesting to see how high Turner goes.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Missing is Clinton-Dix, and happy Pryor is on there.
Amen Broski! I'm happy to hear that to.... ohhhhhh btw our new Ram ( Dennard ) is visiting us! o_0 Imagine that! ;) lol

V3

Hall of Fame
I really like Turner. He played at a small school but there is game tape of him going against K State where he looked awesome. I'm not sure he even made a mistake in that game. His feet are really quick, looked really good in the run game, and has a nice wingspan. I'm down with that pick in the second if they miss out on one of the top two(don't like Lewan).

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Visits tell us very little really. Only one of the top 4 QB's visiting would be of any concern.

V3

Hall of Fame
Visits tell us very little really. Only one of the top 4 QB's visiting would be of any concern.
I don't know with the Rams. They have a history of taking players they have in for visits. Some teams use them as diversions from the truth. The Rams use them on people they tend to have a genuine interest in.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't know with the Rams. They have a history of taking players they have in for visits. Some teams use them as diversions from the truth. The Rams use them on people they tend to have a genuine interest in.

Well that makes it worth reading, anyway.

Lewan was a surprise to me.

Why is Carr visiting?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
God I hope we dont wast another high draft pick on a project at WR (Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State)_

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wonder if Williams has anything to do with Dennard visiting. There wasn't a whole lot of interest on him before Williams becoming our DC.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I wonder if Williams has anything to do with Dennard visiting. There wasn't a whole lot of interest on him before Williams becoming our DC.
He seems to be a good fit for Williams desire to play press coverage. I think I would prefer Gilbert's physicality though.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Ive been thinking all along unless we trade down Corner makes a lot of sense at 13 who knows which one will be there I think one of Gilbert or Dennard will be there for us. If we trade down from 13 then I think saftey comes into play.