Unofficial Depth Chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
:oops: Malcolm Brown gets the start. I’m mostly ok with that if there is a committee approach. Brown is great between the tackles but we need speeeeed too. I’m guessing pass pro is part of that equation also.

Troy Reeder.... shit. Prove me wrong Reeder.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anchrum at LT#2 is a bit of a surprise, as is Reeder but good for him. I'd love for him to prove the doubters(self included) wrong.

Psycho_X

Legend
Anchrum at LT#2 is a bit of a surprise, as is Reeder but good for him.

I hope they found a diamond in the rough who can replace Whitworth and Noteboom excels at guard. But it’s hard for me to get over his arm length and size as a NFL LT. Interesting though.

fearsomefour

Legend
:oops: Malcolm Brown gets the start. I’m mostly ok with that if there is a committee approach. Brown is great between the tackles but we need speeeeed too. I’m guessing pass pro is part of that equation also.

Little doubt Brown was to start.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Doesn't mean shit these days.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If Kenny Young cant beat out Troy Reeder why is he on this roster? My God Reeder starting again is literally my worst nightmare. I think we'd be better starting Justin Hollins with almost no practice. Still crazy how ILB and OL we're our biggest holes in the off-season and we didn't address either. Truly blows my mind.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
If Kenny Young cant beat out Troy Reeder why is he on this roster? My God Reeder starting again is literally my worst nightmare. Still crazy how ILB and OL we're our biggest holes in the off-season and we didn't address either. Truly blows my mind.

Take away the run? 1st down anyway?
BC

fearsomefour

Legend
If Kenny Young cant beat out Troy Reeder why is he on this roster? My God Reeder starting again is literally my worst nightmare. I think we'd be better starting Justin Hollins with almost no practice. Still crazy how ILB and OL we're our biggest holes in the off-season and we didn't address either. Truly blows my mind.
He’s not that bad.
Particularly starting as an undrafted rookie he did alright.
There were times when he was overwhelmed but that’s to be expected.
Will be interesting to see how gecand the other ILB are used.

MachS

Hall of Fame
He’s not that bad.
Particularly starting as an undrafted rookie he did alright.
There were times when he was overwhelmed but that’s to be expected.
Will be interesting to see how gecand the other ILB are used.

Sorry man have to disagree on this one. He is that bad, go watch his snaps from last year. This season he got beat out by Travin Howard who's proved what in the NFL? Hes average in the run game, and a complete 100% liability in coverage who can't move laterally at all. On 1st and 2nd downs all the playaction passes were targeting him again and again.

Kaiser is our other LB who should be good against the run, so I think our other starter should be more athletic. Kenny should get a shot or our new signing Hollins. More than likely what this tells me is we'll be running 1LB with 3 safeties A LOT. Dont think we'll be very good against the run again if we're doing that but it gets our best players on the field.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sorry man have to disagree on this one. He is that bad, go watch his snaps from last year. This season he got beat out by Travin Howard who's proved what in the NFL? Hes average in the run game, and a complete 100% liability in coverage who can't move laterally at all. On 1st and 2nd downs all the playaction passes were targeting him again and again.

Kaiser is our other LB who should be good against the run, so I think our other starter should be more athletic. Kenny should get a shot or our new signing Hollins. More than likely what this tells me is we'll be running 1LB with 3 safeties A LOT. Dont think we'll be very good against the run again if we're doing that but it gets our best players on the field.
I don’t disagree with a lot of what your saying.
I expect a lot of the three S look.
But I think they was going to happen even if Howard was healthy.
If he does start I think it says more about Young and his standing with the coaches.....or we may get a rotation between the two.
Maybe a place holder until Hollins is ready.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I don’t disagree with a lot of what your saying.
I expect a lot of the three S look.
But I think they was going to happen even if Howard was healthy.
If he does start I think it says more about Young and his standing with the coaches.....or we may get a rotation between the two.
Maybe a place holder until Hollins is ready.
Uncertain that happens when our linebackers outweigh our safeties by over 30 pounds. Not sure you want them in the box taking on Elliot who's probably weighing in at 250 with Covid going on.

I can see a third safety coming in on 2nd and 3rd and longs. Not sure our new highly touted D coordinator wants to strut out a 3rd safety with Elliot out there and under 10 yards for a first.

fearsomefour

Legend
Uncertain that happens when our linebackers outweigh our safeties by over 30 pounds. Not sure you want them in the box taking on Elliot who's probably weighing in at 250 with Covid going on.

I can see a third safety coming in on 2nd and 3rd and longs. Not sure our new highly touted D coordinator wants to strut out a 3rd safety with Elliot out there and under 10 yards for a first.
True.
I would hope it would change week to week based on opponents and match ups.
But, when I say running it a lot....30% of the time or more is a lot of the base D is a 3/4.
With Wade the base more often than not was not a true 3/4.
The truth is the FO has left the Rams with nothing but question marks at LB.
They may be great or maybe not.
Adding in no preseason and there is no way to know how they will execute the D scheme.
It’s the same for all teams of course.
I think it is a four week period of adjustment before we will start to see where the D is.
It will be interesting to see.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Tremayne Anchrum's measurables that have some voicing concerned being listed behind Andrew Whitworth.

Pre-draft measurables
HeightWeightArm lengthHand size40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jumpBench press
6 ft 1 7⁄8 in
(1.88 m)
314 lb
(142 kg)
33 5⁄8 in
(0.85 m)
9 5⁄8 in
(0.24 m)
5.21 s24.5 in
(0.62 m)
8 ft 8 in
(2.64 m)
26 reps

I still maintain that Kromer wants Anchrum to be his future LG with Noteboom moving left a few feet. Keeping TA working over on that left side in practice is not a surprise to me. I see Coleman Shelton as much more OC than LG in his future.

I really like the idea of starting LB'ers Reeder & Kiser in the middle going up against the Cowboys running game. I posted last week that may here were writing off Reeder way too early thinking Kenny Young to start. Troy Reeder had the most NFL regular-season game day on the field starting experience of any of our ILB'ers.

Last edited: