Under the Lights: Trumaine Johnson Draft Feature

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[flv]http://prod.video.rams.clubs.nfl.com/STL/videos/dct/video_audio/2012/04-April//Johnson_Draft_Feature.mp4[/flv]

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I love the value with Johnson even more than I do with Jenkins (who I'm slowly coming around to. He's going to have to prove it off-the-field, but I'm fine with the pick now.) Anyway, Johnson is 6'2" with great ball skills. He would've been a first round pick if not for one off-the-field issue and confusion as to which position he'd end up playing. I don't think he'll be a corner at the next level; I see him as a free safety. However, I'd love to see him in three-safety packages with Mikell and Stewart, and when Mikell eventually retires or leaves, Johnson can take his place at free safety.

Just my thoughts.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm starting to like this draft more and more. I'm a risk taker by heart but I've always liked the Rams making safe solid draft picks. But I like all this risky business this year and think it is going to turn out with a Ram's championship sooner than later.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
I love the value with Johnson even more than I do with Jenkins (who I'm slowly coming around to. He's going to have to prove it off-the-field, but I'm fine with the pick now.) Anyway, Johnson is 6'2" with great ball skills. He would've been a first round pick if not for one off-the-field issue and confusion as to which position he'd end up playing. I don't think he'll be a corner at the next level; I see him as a free safety. However, I'd love to see him in three-safety packages with Mikell and Stewart, and when Mikell eventually retires or leaves, Johnson can take his place at free safety.

Just my thoughts.
He'd probably make a good hard-hitting safety, but Fisher said he's going to be a corner. Initially anyway. Maybe he can make the transition, but they're going to continue to develop his corner skills. And with Fisher stating that they'll probably be in nickel a majority of the time, it stands to reason why we're hording all these corners now. Plus he has, what, a half-dozen more he can evaluate from last year? That's going to end up being two positions of strength on the defense before the season rolls around. Add in J.L., Dunbar, and Mikell/Stewart, and we could potentially have a very good defense.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
Memento said:

Just my thoughts.
He'd probably make a good hard-hitting safety, but Fisher said he's going to be a corner. Initially anyway. Maybe he can make the transition, but they're going to continue to develop his corner skills. And with Fisher stating that they'll probably be in nickel a majority of the time, it stands to reason why we're hording all these corners now. Plus he has, what, a half-dozen more he can evaluate from last year? That's going to end up being two positions of strength on the defense before the season rolls around. Add in J.L., Dunbar, and Mikell/Stewart, and we could potentially have a very good defense.

I think this guy plays a lot faster than he timed. He had first round grades on him right up to the draft, although pundits opinions hardly matter when it comes to making the picks he showed this theory similar to what Wright from Baylor did. I think Murphy may also make a safety prospect, depending on how he and Fletcher rehab. The safety Matt Daniels is not a guy to sleep on either. I don't think that dude is just a camp body.

BTW X, was that you on Movin the Chains? Nice job, that's my favorite show of the bunch. I wish those guys had gone a bit more on a limb discussing some of our later picks. They played the whole thing pretty conservatively along with them mistaking Joe Long for a thumping type LB, or did I not hear them correctly?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
smram said:
BTW X, was that you on Movin the Chains? Nice job, that's my favorite show of the bunch. I wish those guys had gone a bit more on a limb discussing some of our later picks. They played the whole thing pretty conservatively along with them mistaking Joe Long for a thumping type LB, or did I not hear them correctly?
Nope. That's the second time someone mistook me for being on the radio though. Is this guy impersonating me or something?

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
smram said:
Nope. That's the second time someone mistook me for being on the radio though. Is this guy impersonating me or something?

The guy went by the name The Dude, talking all Rams. Well spoken cat with valid points. Assumed it was you.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
smram said:
X said:
smram said:

The guy went by the name The Dude, talking all Rams. Well spoken cat with valid points. Assumed it was you.
Oh. Well, then...... uh...... yeah. It was me. :?!:

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
smram said:
X said:
smram said:

Oh. Well, then...... uh...... yeah. It was me. :?!:

Very well then... :razzed:
Guy needs to come up with his own name.