Under the Lights: 2013 Expectations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
[stl]e3092c45-2057-40f2-8f0a-7a2a54b5432e[/stl]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Curious... both Finnegan and Long mention a "new scheme" on defense.

I know Walton is new... but what's different about the scheme? Hmm?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
CGI_Ram said:

Sure hope it ups our 4 man pressure what ever this new "scheme" may be.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Barrison said:
CGI_Ram said:

Yeah. Hmm?

Ramaro21

UDFA
CGI_Ram said:
Barrison said:
CGI_Ram said:

Yeah. Hmm?

I'm guessing new scheme = Right and Left LB and Safeties. JT had a good article last night on the defense. He's only changed minimal things.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Ramaro21 with his take on the "new" D scheme:
I'm guessing new scheme = Right and Left LB and Safeties. JT had a good article last night on the defense. He's only changed minimal things.

Maybe at LB but if they have McD playing much center field it's not going to turn out well for us IMO.

Ramaro21

UDFA
albefree69 said:
Ramaro21 with his take on the "new" D scheme:

Maybe at LB but if they have McD playing much center field it's not going to turn out well for us IMO.

We'll obviously (as Bradford would say) see today. I think McD will develop in that area. The Rams have enough DB coaches now to run their own company called "DB University". His dad has been teaching him from a young age.

The first few games are going to be rough anyway IMO...they are rookies.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Ramaro21 added:
I think McD will develop in that area. The Rams have enough DB coaches now to run their own company called "DB University". His dad has been teaching him from a young age.
For all the coaching he got from his dad, he failed miserably when asked to do that in college. McD is an in the box strong safety. We all hope he'll get better but that doesn't always happen does it. Look at how well Dunbar does against the run and then look at what happens when he's asked to play pass D. Dunbar's stint at DB University didn't do that much for him did it? :lol:
The bigger issue for me is why ask someone to do something they don't do well? We have a safety in McLeod that can play center field so why not put him there. Which is what I think they'll do, regardless of what they say about what they're going to do.

As you (and Bradford) say, we'll see tonight.