Umpire ejects sound guy for playing "Three Blind Mice."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rick Chandler
Aug 1, 2012, 9:14 PM EDT
http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/0 ... able-call/

Minor League umpire Mario Seneca has a Bachelor of Arts in theater from Duquesne University — never a good idea for a pro umpire. Super Mario put his education to use on Wednesday night during a Class A-Advanced League game in Daytona Beach, Fla., when he ejected the Cubs’ sound guy for playing Three Blind Mice over the loudspeakers following a controversial call. He also ejected the PA anouncer and ordered no more music be played during the game.

From the Cubs’ Facebook page:

[textarea]We’ve just entered the twilight zone at Jackie Robinson Ballpark. Our music man, Derek Dye, has been EJECTED from tonight’s game. The umpire, Mario Seneca, was apparently not happy when Derek played “Three Blind Mice” after a questionable call. With no music system, a fan has stepped up to call out player introductions from the stands.[/textarea]
Ha.

Here’s an action photo of Mario from another game — indeed it looks like he hasn’t forgotten his theater background. But seriously dude, grow some thicker skin. Ether that, or get used to the Single-A lifestyle. You’ll be there a while.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS0GrJoBBzs[/youtube]

That’s a clown ejection, bro. Dye doesn’t seem too broken up about it, however.

48b28e440322467ab279913.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Brilliant. Just absolutely brilliant. The ump's skin must be thinner than the point of a needle, though. If I were in his position, I'd laugh it off.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Did da ump get his wittle feeeelings hurt... LOL

Local sports radio was all over this yesterday. Just laughable.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wow.... It's a good thing that ump doesn't try to ref any contact sports, those refs are pretty verbally abused... Sometimes physically when they step in the middle of fights.