UFR: Burwell sits down with Benny Cunningham

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
UFR: Rams' Rookie's Road to Recovery

On this episode of Upon Further Review, the Post-Dispatch's Bryan Burwell sits down with undrafted Rams rookie running back Benny Cunningham to talk about his path to St. Louis.

[pd]2477202936001[/pd]
<a class="postlink" href="http://cinesport.stltoday.com/saint-louis-post-dispatch-upon-further-review/ufr-rams-rookies-road-to-recovery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cinesport.stltoday.com/saint-lou ... -recovery/</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This is one of those kids that I just get a feeling about....

I'm glad that we are not rushing him to be ready too soon. His work ethic appears to be really solid, and don't forget that he has already run a 4.51 at his pro day, where clearly he wasn't 100% yet. With his size, and soon to be 4.4 speed, when you watch his tape and the way he plays, he could end up being a huge steal.

Stay healthy young man.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm really pulling for this kid. He's built like a truck and the kid can play. Time will tell. Hope he gets healthy and gets a decent chance at it.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
DR RAM said:

I'm glad that we are not rushing him to be ready too soon. His work ethic appears to be really solid, and don't forget that he has already run a 4.51 at his pro day, where clearly he wasn't 100% yet. With his size, and soon to be 4.4 speed, when you watch his tape and the way he plays, he could end up being a huge steal.

Stay healthy young man.

You know what Dr., it's probably just me, but watching his tape I actually was more impressed with him than Stacy. Obviously different competition but he just stands out more to me. Seems faster..

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

Stay healthy young man.

You know what Dr., it's probably just me, but watching his tape I actually was more impressed with him than Stacy. Obviously different competition but he just stands out more to me. Seems faster..

Not just you. I've been saying this as well. I actually think he has a real shot at being our workhorse back at some point.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm rooting for Cunningham. I see his potential.

Me; I see better vision from Stacy.

But hey... I hope they all shine.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
RamFan503 said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

Stay healthy young man.

Not just you. I've been saying this as well. I actually think he has a real shot at being our workhorse back at some point.

Sweet. Everyone on the BC train. :2u:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
nighttrain said:
CGI_Ram said:
I'm rooting for Cunningham. I see his potential.

Me; I see better vision from Stacy.

But hey... I hope they all shine.
:plus1:
train
I don't care WHO does it, as long as they is doing it!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bwdenverram said:
RamFan503 said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

Stay healthy young man.

Yep. Of course if it's someone else who leads us, I'll get on that train instead. I just liked what I saw in videos of the kid. Doesn't mean he'll be "the one". I just get a feeling from watching what he was able to do with the ball. He strikes me as more that true workhorse back. Guess we'll see when/if he returns to 100%.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
RamFan503 said:
bwdenverram said:
RamFan503 said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

Stay healthy young man.

Yep. Of course if it's someone else who leads us, I'll get on that train instead. I just liked what I saw in videos of the kid. Doesn't mean he'll be "the one". I just get a feeling from watching what he was able to do with the ball. He strikes me as more that true workhorse back. Guess we'll see when/if he returns to 100%.

I agree. I'm actually still pretty high on Pead. He was explosive in college. I think once (hopefully) the lightswitch goes on and behind what we hope is even better OL play, he will be a good one. I personally think we now have a good blend of power and speed. Should be fun to watch.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't know if he'll pan, and he has very little experience, but he's a rare 5 tool running back. He has speed, quickness, power, size, and vision.

I have a theory that you only need 3 to be a successful running back, but those 3 must be on the upper end. Intangibles play into it, work ethic, opportunity, will....

Ram4life11

Rookie
If he gets the opportunity he will make the most of it. I see him being our starter if healthy, and a fair opportunity... THE KIDDDD CAN FLAT OUT PLAY..

MauiRam

Rookie
If the Rams truly intend to bring him on slowly, there won't be room on the 53 man roster, and trying to stash him on the practice squad would likely lead to another team grabbing him at some point. Can he be put on IR? How "hurt" does a player have to be to get stashed on IR? .. Thoughts?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MauiRam said:
If the Rams truly intend to bring him on slowly, there won't be room on the 53 man roster, and trying to stash him on the practice squad would likely lead to another team grabbing him at some point. Can he be put on IR? How "hurt" does a player have to be to get stashed on IR? .. Thoughts?
Previously, any player put on IR was lost for the entire season. Now, if a player is hurt and put on injured reserve after Sept. 4, that player may return to the active roster eight weeks after the IR designation, and the player must be on the IR list for at least six weeks. In addition, a player must be "designated for return" at the time of his IR classification, which means that a team must anticipate a player's ability to return midseason. Teams can't just hope their key injured player will recover in time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/injured-rules-trade-deadline-could-help-many-nfl-213244641--nfl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html</a>

MauiRam

Rookie
Interesting, I wasn't aware of the "designated for return" clause. So basically the Rams have two choices, either DFR or stashing him for the entire season. Anyone know if his contract is for more than one year?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MauiRam said:
Interesting, I wasn't aware of the "designated for return" clause. So basically the Rams have two choices, either DFR or stashing him for the entire season. Anyone know if his contract is for more than one year?
3 yrs / $1,495,000

MauiRam

Rookie
The plot thickens .. Looks like the Rams can afford to see what they've got with Pead, Richardson, Stacy and Ganaway, and sit on Benny for an entire season allowing him to fully rehab under Rams' trainers' supervision. Or, if he is healthy enough by Sept 4th, the DFR could be applied. The fact he is signed for 3 years indicates there is genuine hope of his returning to form. Thanks for the info!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MauiRam said:
The plot thickens .. Looks like the Rams can afford to see what they've got with Pead, Richardson, Stacy and Ganaway, and sit on Benny for an entire season allowing him to fully rehab under Rams' trainers' supervision. Or, if he is healthy enough by Sept 4th, the DFR could be applied. The fact he is signed for 3 years indicates there is genuine hope of his returning to form. Thanks for the info!
Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment of the situation.

And... you're welcome. I was curious myself after you brought it up. :cheese:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
MauiRam said:
Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment of the situation.

And... you're welcome. I was curious myself after you brought it up. :cheese:

Tireless man. Tireless. Thanks Paul.