'UFO' towed through US town panics locals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[flv]http://content3.catalog.video.msn.com/e2/ds/c940542e-5206-4e06-8aa4-16073cff8473.mp4[/flv]

Residents of a small town in the US could not believe their eyes when they saw a huge mysterious craft shaped life a flying saucer on the back of a truck driving through town. Worried residents called the local newspaper to report a UFO after they saw the 10m-wide craft, covered in a large white tarp, being driven down US 77 in Cowley County in Kansas on Monday, local TV station ABC7 reports.

"People were calling in saying, 'Oh they think they found a flying saucer. It looks like a flying saucer to us and we don't know for sure what it is'," said Donetta Godsey from the Winfield Daily Courier. The transport company even called the town sheriff to make sure officers were on hand to ensure the craft made it through safely. Police helped manoeuvre the craft for nearly an hour, removing signs from a roundabout because the truck had to drive over the middle.

Deputy sheriff Bill Mueller finally explained the top secret object, saying it was an experimental aircraft from weapons company Northrop Grumman, possibly a new unmanned drone, that was being transported to Maryland.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unmanned drone my balls. Unmanned drones are a fraction of that size, and have wings.

I'm skeptical because I've seen a UFO before. Both me and my mother saw it at the same time about 20 years ago.

joeybittick

Rookie
Is this a hoax? If not then holy SHIT! I love this kind of stuff though. "I want to believe" and all that stuff :bign:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
Looks like a fiberglass mockup to me.
Shoot. I figured you, of all people, would tell me all about government cover-ups after that. :sly:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
interference said:
Shoot. I figured you, of all people, would tell me all about government cover-ups after that. :sly:
Well, it's actually opposite of what most folks think on this one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
X said:
interference said:
Well, it's actually opposite of what most folks think on this one.
My thought? The old adage. The best place to hide something is right out in the open.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's just a drone, you can take the wings off of them if you need, which they usually do in order to transport. They're always updating them with newer stuff.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
That's just a drone, you can take the wings off of them if you need, which they usually do in order to transport. They're always updating them with newer stuff.
C'mon... don't harsh my buzz, man.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
bluecoconuts said:
That's a big ass drone, if that's what it was.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
bluecoconuts said:
Pretty seamless wing attachment too. I keep watching it, and I don't see where there were wings attached.

bluecoconuts

Legend
interference said:
bluecoconuts said:

They're pretty big. They have really small ones that special operation units can carry around for short flights, bigger ones that can fly around and support boots on the ground, and even bigger ones that can fly really high and spy on other nations. There's an Air Force base up north of LA a little bit, (as well as Army and Marines) and every so often I'll see them transporting them up north, they take up a lot of space. If you go up closer to the bases you'll see all sorts of vehicles. You'd be shocked what the Army ships around, Apache helicopters are shipped in a giant box, and they have to put the rotors on after you take it out. It's actually kind of funny.