Tyrod Taylor’s lung was punctured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn’t realise Justin Herberts old man was the Chargers team doctor.

Psycho_X

Legend
I seriously feel bad for Taylor, he seems like a really good guy and a top level professional who just can't catch a break. Is finally on a team with a legit offense and a good coach who's going to give him a chance and a doctor stabs him in the fucking lung.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
That makes it pretty hard to not give him his job back. Sorry we punctured your lung and gave away your job.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That makes it pretty hard to not give him his job back. Sorry we punctured your lung and gave away your job.
Yeah now we know why Lynn is adamant that Tyrod is the starter.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jesus. Wtf.

I think this might factor in, but the call on who the starter is probably has more to do with grasp of the offense and trust. But still what a stupid fucking mistake for med personnel to make. Pretty terrible.

nighttrain

Legend
My friend the witch doctor told me what to do, ew e oh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang and so on

train

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Holy hell, what is with the Chargers and their medical staff? They seem to have the most players injured every year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
1600889566117.gif

Justin had a talk with the Dr.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow that sounds terrible. Maybe the injury isnt as bad as it sounds but holy hell that must be so frustrating. Lawsuit incoming?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow that sounds terrible. Maybe the injury isnt as bad as it sounds but holy hell that must be so frustrating. Lawsuit incoming?
We've seen several current and former players mention that when a player gives the team doctor permission to work on them they waive the right to sue. I'm sure somebody with more legal expertise and a better understanding of the CBA than myself will have more insight but it sounds like players say they have no right to sue.

Before anybody goes where I know they'll go with that statement the opposite would end up happening. If teams don't provide their own doctors people will bitch that the teams are cheap and can't provide medical care. If they do and somebody does something they don't like, that the players give consent to have done, then the teams are disgusting and pathetic for forcing a player into taking treatment. It's one of those things that are a no win situation that society forces people/organizations/companies into with their own ideals.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've seen several current and former players mention that when a player gives the team doctor permission to work on them they waive the right to sue. I'm sure somebody with more legal expertise and a better understanding of the CBA than myself will have more insight but it sounds like players say they have no right to sue.

Before anybody goes where I know they'll go with that statement the opposite would end up happening. If teams don't provide their own doctors people will bitch that the teams are cheap and can't provide medical care. If they do and somebody does something they don't like, that the players give consent to have done, then the teams are disgusting and pathetic for forcing a player into taking treatment. It's one of those things that are a no win situation that society forces people/organizations/companies into with their own ideals.
Yeah I get it and Im not a lawyer or doctor but I bet there is a clause regarding gross negligence or malpractice? If it really is the doctors fault for being careless.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I get it and Im not a lawyer or doctor but I bet there is a clause regarding gross negligence or malpractice? If it really is the doctors fault for being careless.
I did see a doctor on another forum post that he has done this procedure and this is a possibility to happen. I'm paraphrasing and didn't dive deep into it but this can happen on a rib injury. We'll see what comes of it but the ChargIRs don't have the best medical/training record to run off of.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I did see a doctor on another forum post that he has done this procedure and this is a possibility to happen. I'm paraphrasing and didn't dive deep into it but this can happen on a rib injury. We'll see what comes of it but the ChargIRs don't have the best medical/training record to run off of.

Yeah, that cartilage is thick and it's possible that it grabs the needle. The force used to penetrate it can result in a going all the way through.

I know there's a newer kind of needle that has MUCH less resistance as compared to regular needles and nurses have been lobbying for them to be the norm for like a decade as they're safer for both patients and nurses/drs/plebotomist, but they haven't caught on everywhere because they are more expensive. (they're sometimes used for epidurals which is basically a similar stick)