Tyoka Jackson’s six year slow burn reignites

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://the-x-factor.website/tyoka-jacksons-six-year-burn-ignites/

xDCdHtF.jpg

“I’m angry. I’ve been feeling this way for about six years now. I’ve been this way for a long time, but I’ve just been controlling my anger.” Former St Louis Rams defensive tackle Tyoka Jackson’s words are not mixed, and they’ve been basted with a billious venom that’s been marinating since the Rams lost Super Bowl 36 against the Patriots at the conclusion of the 2001 NFL season.

Jackson was a guest on The Press Box with Frank Cusumano today, and he had plenty to get off of his chest in light of the story released by Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham today on ESPN. Said Jackson, “If it’s little cheats like Deflate-gate, or HUGE cheats like Spy-gate, or the cheats we don’t yet know about, there seems to be a pattern here that they will do what it takes to get an illegal advantage against the team they’re playing against.” While this is a somewhat obvious conclusion to the casual observer, it has a different and more profound meaning to Tyoka Jackson; as he added, “I certainly don’t think Tom Brady is the greatest QB who ever lived anymore, and I DEFINITELY don’t think Bill Belichick is the greatest coach who ever lived. He’s certainly a great coach, but he’s also a cheating coach. And for me, that knocks them down the rung.”

To achieve the ability to play football at the highest level in the world, it takes hard work, dedication, sacrifice, blood, sweat, tears, and recognizable talent. Nearly 1700 players a week suit up to put their bodies on the line, and every single one of them does so knowing full well that it could be the last game of their respective careers. But to men like Jackson and the members of the 2001 St Louis Rams, it’s a price they’re more than willing to pay. Professional football is a sport of controlled violence coupled with strategic planning and reliance upon surgical execution. And there was no team more surgical than the Mike Martz-led 2001 St Louis Rams. For the third straight year (1999-2001), the Rams scored over 500 points on offense; averaging just over 31 points per game, and ranking first in the league in points scored.

But somehow that precision was stymied in Super Bowl 36 by a team that, earlier in the year, gave up 482 yards of total offense to the Rams. The 2001 Patriots team was certainly no slouch, as they ranked 6th in points allowed while ranking 6th in points scored, but one has to wonder just how legitimate those rankings are now. Tyoka Jackson clearly has his reservations as well, saying: “We shifted into this play we had never run before, a play nobody has ever seen, and the Patriots check into the perfect defense to take away the play.” Then Jackson further explained how making such adjustments is easy when you have the gift of foresight. “Just imagine if you had an idea 50-75% of the time what the opposing team was running. Now you can just go out and play with that extra step and confidence because you know what’s coming.” In real time, and on the outside looking in, those kinds of in-game adjustments simply look like good coaching; but upon further scrutiny, it certainly seems now that the Patriots had one additional scout who played a very important role in their success.

“Remember they had a guy whose express written job was to film the other guy’s signals, and then they would just compare the signals to the plays after the game was over, and you got it.”, Jackson said. He’s obviously referencing the 2007 NFL season wherein the Patriots were discovered taping the New York Jets signals on the sideline, from their own sidelines, and were subsequently fined the league maximum and docked their first round draft pick. While that incident occurred six years after Super Bowl 36, it’s fair to say that everything the Patriots have done for years prior can legitimately be called into question. And this is further confirmed today by the report published at ESPN alleging at least 6 years of improprieties starting in 2001.

The Patriots’ game plan had called for a defender to hit Faulk on every down, as a means of eliminating him, but one coach who worked with an assistant on that 2001 Patriots team says that the ex-Pats assistant coach once bragged that New England knew exactly what the Rams would call in the red zone. “He’d say, ‘A little birdie told us,'” the coach says now.

That “little birdie” caused a lot of damage. And for Tyoka, that damage is widespread. “The Aeneas Williams’ of the world … and other guys like Chidi Ahanotu who SHOULD have a ring on their finger … it was stolen from them. It’s my teammates I think about. And myself — what a great dream for a marginal athlete who worked his butt off to become an NFL player and had the chance to be at the top of the mountain …. and who thought we lost fair and square … well it turns out we probably didn’t.” And he’s probably right. Now that we know the Patriots Organization has used nefarious means to gain an unfair advantage to defeat the Rams in Super Bowl 36, a great many men who could have capped off stellar careers with a Championship ring are now left with nothing but regret and anger over having been cheated out of their ultimate prize. Meanwhile the Patriots parlayed their ill-gotten gains into multiple Championships by stepping on the backs of players and coaches who honored, and continue to honor, the integrity of the game.

For Tyoka Jackson, these arbitrary investigations and punishments doled out by the league (and subsequently overturned in court) for scandals like Spy-gate and the recently botched Deflate-gate, offer little solace. Even if the Patriots are discovered to have blatantly cheated their way through all of their Super Bowl wins, no amount of repercussions levied onto them will turn his NFC Title Ring into a Super Bowl Championship Ring. But that won’t keep him from telling his story to all who will listen from now until the end of his days. “I wear this losing ring all the time because it sparks conversation, and I don’t want anyone to forget what happened to us and what the Patriots did.”

As stories like Tyoka’s start flooding the internet on the heels of this ESPN story, many Rams fans will feel their wounds picked open again. But it’s important to not lose sight of the bigger picture. The NFL is now at war with the New England Patriots, and their allies are assembling. When Bill Belichick’s legacy is forever ruined by mountains of evidence damning his cheating ways, both new and soon discovered, it will be HIS ultimate prize that will be forever out of reach.

Because Canton Ohio has no room for cheaters.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I listened to that interview, and you could feel the anger. I gotta say, on one level it's actually nice to know that the players are as pissed-off as the Rams fans are. Man, what a mess the NFL has created.

FRO

Legend
Tyoka for president. It's just a shame that the evidence was destroyed and everything brushed under the rug. That just leaves a cloud over the whole situation that will never go away. I think Goodell wanted to avoid a huge black eye on the league by having 3 Super Bowls in question. He swept it under the rug, now the chickens have come home to roost. I hope he gets fired and the Pats get stripped of their titles.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the only solace fans can get out of this is if noone associated with the patriots organisation can get a sniff of a hof jacket.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, PS.

If you click on the link to my website, I'm not done building it.
I just wanted to get my first article out of the way.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bilicheat and the Patriots will never be punished. But in the arena of public perception, they are forever tarnished. The patriots will hear the jeers and chants of "CHEATERS!, CHEATERS!, CHEATERS! at every away game they play this year. They will especially hear it from Jet fans when they play in New York. Players act like they don't hear the fans remarks when they come out of the tunnel at the beginning of the game and after halftime, but they do, and they are going to hear lots of it. No one likes to be labeled a "cheater". Everywhere they go, they will be questioned. Its not going to be a lot of fun playing for the Patriots in other cities.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Oh, PS.

If you click on the link to my website, I'm not done building it.
I just wanted to get my first article out of the way.
"Hard hitting yellow journalism" LOL

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
-X-, Can we expect an in depth podcast following the Rams-Seahawks game?
Depends on how it goes.
I'll probably whip something up, but I think we have something planned with the guys attending too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope Tyoka can get himself on the field at one of the Patriots games somewhere and when Bill comes out Tyoka goes over and puts him out with a haymaker or a tackles his ass.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Those guys must have a hollow shitty feeling all the time. The fact is the only logical reason to cheat is if you don't think you can win without it. That's why I won't down play the significance of what they have done through the years and will always hate their guts more than any other team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man... Aeneas. That career and the person he is and to finally have a shot to win a ring and that shit bag team steals it from him. Others too but that just amplifies what it means as far as I'm concerned. I never thought I could hate the patsies more than I already did. Oop.... wrong again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's great seeing an article confirming the things I've suspected for years. Any time it was brought up, Patriots fans would dismiss it and insult any person that believed it.

It was about damn time all of this came to light. I feel sorry for the players that were cheated out of a ring.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
One of the biggest tragedies here is that Belicheat and Teflon Tom are locks for the HOF...That's sad...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Belichick shouldn't even be in the NFL. He should have been banned for life years ago.

Athos

Legend
Imo, the only BellyFat had at retaining an NFL job was systematic cheating. No, I don't even believe he's a good coach.

He's a HOf worthy cheater tho.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
There is absolutely no doubt that they cheated in that game. They know, the Rams know it, the NFL knows it. What's really sad - is they cheated, knew what the Rams were going to do, and still had to have a FG at the end of the game to pull it out. I think refs were in on it too... if you watch that game, our receivers and Faulk were mugged that whole game with no penalties. Cheatin' sunsabitches!

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Not to mention on that last drive the clear intentional grounding that wasn't called and the running back landing in bounds and the clock stopping. I'll never forget those plays.