Ty Nsekhe (N-sec-ee)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
50468076ec8d837e6100000.jpg

Jim Thomas:

"...Smith may be obscure to most NFL fans, but he's a household name compared to Nsekhe, who played his college football at Texas State and then spent four seasons bouncing around the Arena Football League. He began his AFL tour at the Arena League 2 level, playing for the Corpus Christi Sharks in 2009. Next came stops with the Dallas Vigilantes in 2010, the Philadelphia Soul in 2011, and the San Antonio Talons in 2012. Somehow in all those stops, he also managed to catch 11 passes for 115 yards, which at 6-8, 325 pounds might just make him the world's biggest receiver. He had three touchdown catches for the Soul in 2011...."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gludKwUrvWI[/youtube]

Bucky said:
Watched Nsekhe against the Rams

He mostly lined up on Jarrett, blocked Sammy Brown once and blocked Scott on some plays. He had no difficulties with that group, just stood up and held them at arms length. Was able to downblock. Didn't look like he could block in space so he is definitely a small area guy. He played two series in the fourth quarter where the Colts were able to run the ball and keep the clock moving.
Bucky said:
I watched him in the second quarter and the first few minutes of the third. Playing against 69 and 51, he was a dominant pass blocker and adequate run blocker. He wasn't letting anybody near the QB. He has a solid stance, gets outside quickly and appears to have long strong arms and some agility. He doesnt't run well and these were not starters but he was playing left tackle.

I must have missed the sack he gave up but I was skipping around trying to watch only the Bengals offensive plays.

He only joined the Colts on August 1.

He is older than I expected, leaving high school in 2003. He went to Texas State for a year, then transferred to Tarleton State and I can't find anything after that until he joined the arena league.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yamahopper said:
He would make a big target in the red zone......Just sayin.
I think that's the plan. 6th OL in passing situations or tackle eligible.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Either way, I think the guy could be an excellent developmental right tackle.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
Sounds good to me. Looking at that tape, he needs a LOT of technique work, but I'm sure he's already come a long way since then.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
Sounds good to me. Looking at that tape, he needs a LOT of technique work, but I'm sure he's already come a long way since then.

I personally like Nsekhe's nasty streak. He's extremely raw, but like Rokevious Watkins and Brandon Washington (whom I'm also a fan of), he has a serious amount of upside and a willingness to learn technique. I get the feeling that Boudreau wanted all three of them, as well as Shelley Smith.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
Memento said:

I personally like Nsekhe's nasty streak. He's extremely raw, but like Rokevious Watkins and Brandon Washington (whom I'm also a fan of), he has a serious amount of upside and a willingness to learn technique. I get the feeling that Boudreau wanted all three of them, as well as Shelley Smith.
Yeah, he did a couple blindside to the walls in the video. If you look at Turner and Dahl, and if that aggression transfers to Rok, and the rest of the guys. Richardson plays with a little bit of a mean streak...this could be one super nasty line in a season or two.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I bet that's the goal. Even if we're not the most talented bunch, Fisher looks like he wants them to be the meanest.