Two questions about game last night

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I watched the condensed replay that aired at midnight so maybe I missed a few things.

One, why did Gurley not play?

Two, what was Goff's ailment on the sideline? Result of a hit? What body part involved?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
They held Gurley out just to protect him. and Goff has a bruised tailbone from a hit he took. Saw a quote from Fisher that the Gurley thing was planned all along and a quote after the game from Goff that he had x-rays taken and it showed negative, so just a bruise.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
That was one hell of a hit Goff took, frankly, a lesser man would have came away with fractured...ribs?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That was one hell of a hit Goff took, frankly, a lesser man would have came away with fractured...ribs?
You can thank basically one Ram player Darrell Williams for turning in a epic FAIL performance with the end game plan to get Goff done for the year.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
True Williams had a bad game, but on the play Goff got creamed it was in the opposite flat of Williams and it was by an a-hole LB right after Goff was releasing the ball

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
True Williams had a bad game, but on the play Goff got creamed it was in the opposite flat of Williams and it was by an a-hole LB right after Goff was releasing the ball
you are 100% correct on that. That LB'er was on a mission with that hit to Goff. He rushed from far outside wing of Garrett Reynolds & there was no back up help protection assigned for it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They held Gurley out just to protect him. and Goff has a bruised tailbone from a hit he took. Saw a quote from Fisher that the Gurley thing was planned all along and a quote after the game from Goff that he had x-rays taken and it showed negative, so just a bruise.
Personally I think Fisher is being a little over-protective of Gurley! But then again he probably got scared when he heard about Romo breaking a Bone in his back!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Personally I think Fisher is being a little over-protective of Gurley! But then again he probably got scared when he heard about Romo breaking a Bone in his back!

When your franchise player(s) occupy positions that take violent contact every snap they are targeted on, e.g. RBs, there is no such thing as being too careful IMO. Gurley got one series in against Kansas City to help shake off rust and test out how the knee feels now over a year post-op. He looked amazing and also scored a TD. No need to see any more of him until the games start for real.

I also would not let Goff take any more snaps behind your 2nd string o-line. He's taking too many hits. The protection just isn't good enough. Particularly from Williams.

Every first team player already nursing an injury after last night (e.g. Robinson, Gaines, Brockers) I'd also sit for the final pre-season game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When your franchise player(s) occupy positions that take violent contact every snap they are targeted on, e.g. RBs, there is no such thing as being too careful IMO. Gurley got one series in against Kansas City to help shake off rust and test out how the knee feels now over a year post-op. He looked amazing and also scored a TD. No need to see any more of him until the games start for real.

I also would not let Goff take any more snaps behind your 2nd string o-line. He's taking too many hits. The protection just isn't good enough. Particularly from Williams.

Every first team player already nursing an injury after last night (e.g. Robinson, Gaines, Brockers) I'd also sit for the final pre-season game.
The only thing is in Fisher's recent History with the Rams he seems to use week #4 of the pre-season as his True "Dress Rehearsal" if memory serves me well!

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I hope that's all it is. From the broadcast I got, it looked like they were looking at his left shoulder area and he was in obvious pain.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I hope that's all it is. From the broadcast I got, it looked like they were looking at his left shoulder area and he was in obvious pain.
Goff got creamed a few times, he really took some hard shots.