Turner To Minn Nearly A "done Deal"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
This may be old news for some of you but I had not seen this before just now. I knew of the interview but not of the progress made. Has anyone heard anything about Shotty's interview with Vandy? If we have to find a replacement I'd like not to have to select from leftovers if we are to hire outside of the organization.

One day after landing his long-awaited first head coaching job with the Minnesota Vikings, Mike Zimmer has lined up offensive and defensive coordinators.

A source informed of the process has told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that the Vikings are"almost done" with a deal to hire Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner for the same position on Zimmer's staff.

There is optimism from all sides that the deal will get done, per Rapoport.

Two sources with knowledge of the team's thinking have also informed Rapoport that Dolphins linebackers coach George Edwards will be a strong candidate to work under Zimmer as the defensive coordinator. The Vikingswill interview several candidates for the job, but Edwards is the heavy favorite.

Whereas Edwards' potential role would be limited with Zimmer calling the shots on defense, Turner will likely have free rein over the offense. His son, Scott, is expected to join him on the coaching staff.

One of the NFL's most respected offensive minds since calling plays for the Cowboys' "Triplets" in the early 1990s, Turner is known for a strong ground attack and an aggressive, vertical passing game.

Adrian Peterson will remain the focal point of the offense regardless of the starting quarterback.

It will be interesting to see how Turner uses Cordarrelle Patterson, who was primarily a run-after-catch threat as a rookie. He has a similar skill-set to Julio Jones and Demaryius Thomas, both of whom specialize in bubble screens, slants and crossing routes mixed with a few deep strikes per game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...v-turner-close-to-deal-with-minnesota-vikings

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yea, I saw this earlier today :mad:.

I have not found anything about Schotty yet. I think if he stays we'll be fine. I just don't want to miss out on some premium guys because of timing.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Is there any NFL team left that Turner hasn't coached for?