Tuesday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
It was an extremely intense practice even in shells and no "tackling". In the past going all the way back to Brooks the only times you could hear any cussin from the field was usually the coaches.....today it was all the players. Several times either an F-Bomb or a MFer came through loud and clear. Several times I heard coaches yell out to "watch the language" but if anything it grew more pronounced. They had several 11 on 11 sessions today. The second one had two fights break out when the players went full speed and either laid someone out or tackled.

Early on they spent a long session in 11 on 11 working on the running game. Predictably Richardson looked very good especially on his first few carries. There is no fear in that kid running inside, whether or not there should be at 206 pounds is an altogether different thing but he really hammers the middle when he has the ball.

He also doesn't look to bounce every carry to the outside and is willing to shoot gaps and try to find daylight straight ahead.

Pead fumbled his first carry. From the back of the players crowd someone yelled, "hold onto the fing ball." Pead was immediately pulled from the drills and Stacy was inserted. Stacy had some really good runs today and while his calf is bandaged he ran hard, ran free and looked fine.

Pead re-entered later and ran with authority. I did not see either the shuffling or the flinching when he ran dives today. Ganaway had shown some flashes before when they went 11 on 11 but he looked slow, ponderous and no flash today.He is battling a hamstring injury and seemed very limited. Bennie Cunningham also fumbled early in this session.

They ran the pistol on two different times with Austin Davis as the QB...it was almost all either straight running plays or pitch plays with no zone read or pitch option.

I am not going to break out the positions today but just make some general comments on the rest of the day.

The first fight was in 11 on 11 when Jared Cook knocked down Dunbar on a running play. Both Jake Long and Chris Long came running in to intercede I think although Chris got pretty tangled up in the scrum at one point. I emphasize I think that was what they were trying to do and at first I thought they were going to tangle.

The second one happened when rookie linebacker Daren Bates really laid the wood on Richardson ( I think it was) and lowered his shoulder and popped pads. Barksdale grabbed him and they went at it with a potentially scary moment when Barksdale ended up on the ground with what seemed like most of the squad either fighting over him or stomping over him to get out of the way.

After Lutzenkirchen collided with someone and was shaken up Fisher called the squad together and after stretching had a long conference in the middle of the field with all the team. He always does this but tonight seemed much longer than usual.

Cody Davis continues to impress with his ability to diagnose plays, granted its his own team and he sees it all the time but he seems to have a sense of when to fly up and blow up running plays from deep safety.

Pettis was pretty quiet today after yesterday. I think that all Quick needs to do is prove to the coaches minds that he can be consistent and the job should be his.

I am reading and hearing a lot of people writing Darren Stewart off already. His tackling and angles vs Green Bay were not good. He did clearly have good chemistry with McDonald early in camp. Rodney McLeod can play a good centerfield. Last year in camp he struggled whenever he had to single up on somebody. He doesn't blow people up like Stewart can but Stewart tries for the big hit too much I think. McDonald had a very good day and scored a pick in the red zone drill.

Clemens actually had some good reps today and threw one really nice long pass for a TD. Davis still struggled. Sam had one really poor play where he just flipped a pass toward McNeil in the red zone drill that McDonald picked off.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Jimi,

Good to have you back, and sorry about your compadre.

Can you, and CoachO if he's listening in, give us the circumstances of the McDonald INT, if you were able to ascertain that? Who, what, why... Good play T.J., bad play, McNeil, Bradford, etc.

Thanks, and again, good to have you back.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
DR RAM said:
Jimi,

Good to have you back, and sorry about your compadre.

Can you, and CoachO if he's listening in, give us the circumstances of the McDonald INT, if you were able to ascertain that? Who, what, why... Good play T.J., bad play, McNeil, Bradford, etc.

Thanks, and again, good to have you back.

I wasn't there, but from following twitter of camp, i think i read Sam threw a bad pass and TJ snagged it. I could be wrong though. Thats all i remember about it so hopefully CoachO or Jimi knows more.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
McNeil rounded it off and kind of jogged into his route, Sam stared him down and didn't put much on the pass.