Tuesday is the first cut down day to 85 man roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who you think is the first to go? I'm betting we could actually see 6 or 7 end up gone and we pick up a RB.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ford, Moncrief, Landon Akers, Otis Anderson, Kyle Markway, Steve Writel, John Daka, Austin McGinnis

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ford, Moncrief, Landon Akers, Otis Anderson, Kyle Markway, Steve Writel, John Daka, Austin McGinnis
Good list but I'd wager McGinnis makes it to the final preseason game so Gay doesn't have to kick much if at all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think logic goes out the window a bit with the first round of cuts because they need enough guys to finish the game (i.e. the impact of sitting every player you think is valuable). Like with Hopkins for example, he should be gone but they might need that other body just to have all the looks they want.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm sure they're keeping an eye on cuts the next few weeks. Doubt Miller would be an option. He only missed 7 games his first 7 seasons. But hasn't played since 2018. I don't know anything about him or whatever caused him to miss the last two seasons. But its gotta be something significant.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought they looked good making all those moves behind the line of scrimmage :zany1::zany1::zany1:
Brought back memories of SJax, though he busted a some still but our guy was hit in the backfield more often than not.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
After the cuts Tuesday I might be rethinking the OL some. Coach Carberry might want to consider working the UDFA OC/OG Jordan Meredith in with the #2 OL.

Coleman Shelton & Jeremiah Kolone have been here now for some time. Shelton been in the NFL playing primarily center since 2018. Contracts with the 9ers/ Titans/ Cards & Rams. This is his 3rd season as a Ram & from what we saw Saturday it may be time to cut bait if that's the best we can get from him on the field.

Kolone is another OL'er who has been around for some time too. To be fair he just rearrived & signed with the Rams last week. But he also has been a Ram since May 2018. He might get a break for a bit, but Shelton???

Maybe Carberry can initially go with Austin Corbett as the game day emergency back up to Brian Allen while Corbett starts @ RG. Grooming Jordan Meredith as our future backup is a route I would take @ this point.

Bobby Evans is negative at this point in his Ram career. Sure appears Evans is a one-trick pony in that is he can play one OL post in the NFL & that's RT. The problem for the Rams is they already have two much better reserve swing OTs on the roster in Joseph Noteboom & Tremayne Anchrum. What the Rams need badly is a reserve #3 OG & I see nothing in Evans to make me think he is that guy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
After the cuts Tuesday I might be rethinking the OL some. Coach Carberry might want to consider working the UDFA OC/OG Jordan Meredith in with the #2 OL.

Coleman Shelton & Jeremiah Kolone have been here now for some time. Shelton been in the NFL playing primarily center since 2018. Contracts with the 9ers/ Titans/ Cards & Rams. This is his 3rd season as a Ram & from what we saw Saturday it may be time to cut bait if that's the best we can get from him on the field.

Kolone is another OL'er who has been around for some time too. To be fair he just rearrived & signed with the Rams last week. But he also has been a Ram since May 2018. He might get a break for a bit, but Shelton???

Maybe Carberry can initially go with Austin Corbett as the game day emergency back up to Brian Allen while Corbett starts @ RG. Grooming Jordan Meredith as our future backup is a route I would take @ this point.

Bobby Evans is negative at this point in his Ram career. Sure appears Evans is a one-trick pony in that is he can play one OL post in the NFL & that's RT. The problem for the Rams is they already have two much better reserve swing OTs on the roster in Joseph Noteboom & Tremayne Anchrum. What the Rams need badly is a reserve #3 OG & I see nothing in Evans to make me think he is that guy.

Completely agree that Shelton & Kolone are not the answer for back-up Center roles. I'd also add Anchrum along with Meredith to that list of guys competing at C/OG, and as long as we are likely stuck with Evans for another year or two, get him more work at the only position where he's at least looked fairly decent a few times out, that being RT.
Future cuts and waivers at RB & Center/OG must be looked at very closely as we progress towards opening season. jmo.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good list but I'd wager McGinnis makes it to the final preseason game so Gay doesn't have to kick much if at all.

I think you hold onto both kickers until the final cuts.

#1 - Save the decision to know for sure you get out of camp with healthy kickers

#2 - I'm not sure what CoVID planning teams are doing this year? Extra kickers were kept around last year for contingency plans... Is this why we have such strong depth? Both McGuinnis and Corey Bojorquez are solid kickers.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Completely agree that Shelton & Kolone are not the answer for back-up Center roles. I'd also add Anchrum along with Meredith to that list of guys competing at C/OG, and as long as we are likely stuck with Evans for another year or two, get him more work at the only position where he's at least looked fairly decent a few times out, that being RT.
Future cuts and waivers at RB & Center/OG must be looked at very closely as we progress towards opening season. jmo.
From all, I could find & absorb from TC printed articles & Ram ROD fan's posts who attended the open camps this UDFA interior Jordan Meredith did get some work @ all three interior positions. A lot of centering did take place.

IMO Bobby Evans can not be any assistance to McVay/Carberry with their two major issues ongoing with this current 2021 OL. As you stated so well in your posts he does not come close to be the answer, best to remove him from the problem completely.

When your are a drafted 3rd yr OL'er with many starts in the regular season & in the playoffs & you get replaced by a UDFA Rookie center named Meredith who inturns outperforms you in the teams first preseason game in their new stadium (Evans @ LG graded 64.5 vs. Meredith @ LG grades 78.5) you might want to get your ass in gear.

Evans might be a decent short or long-term starting RT in the event Havenstein is injured. Evans might also be an emergency temporary plug-in @ LT too. But please keep him away from the interior OL positions this season. Deal with him as trade bait in the NFL draft next season. In truth, the Rams just do not need what Evans brings to this 2021 OL unit. Sad but true.

I still believe that Chandler Brewer will be a better swing OT than Evans once Brewer gets back into the swing of things. Brewer being nearly 6-7 tall will cause him big issues playing those interior positions. I rather keep Brewer than Evans myself.

Summary:
Since the Rams OT positions are well endowed with Andrew Whitworth/ Rob Havenstien/ Joe Noteboom/ Chandler Brewer/ Bobby Evans/ Alaric Jackson/ Max Pircher at this time. I see no reason NOT to utilize 2nd yr 6-1/316 lbs Tremayne Anchrum @ the main swing reserve OG's & rookie Jordan Meredith @ reserve center. I also would be working with rookies OT Alaric Jackson & OT Max Pircher to replace OT Evans ASAP.

P.S. I believe Tremayne Anchrum is good enough to be the top swing OL'er for RT/ RG/ LG posts taking the #7 OL behind the #6 OL'er Noteboom position leaving the Rams the ability to go heavy in another unit that needs help. Carberry could lock up Meredith as the #8th on the master roster & then see what happens with the Practice Squad makeup.

Last edited: