TST: Police Have Been Called To LA Rams RB Tre Mason's Home Five Times This Offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/7...ams-tre-mason-mental-health-cops-called-a-lot

Tre Mason's family is concerned about his mental health, and you should be too.

According to TMZ Sports, Tre Mason isn't the most mentally stable individual. He has not been accused of hurting anyone and has NOT been arrested, but his family is "extremely concerned":

Mason's family is concerned about his mental health -- citing a string of bizarre behavior and angry outbursts ... and they're worried for his personal safety.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Dept. has been called to the home 5 times since March 28th -- and at least once, Mason agreed to check into a facility to resolve the situation.
Mason has struggled to find his groove in the NFL since being drafted in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft. You could say that he's been going downhill since last offseason, but his issues have obviously intensified this offseason. Once thought of as a potential star in this offense, Rams fans need to consider the possibility that he has played his last snap for the team. And that possibility existed before this report.

His roster spot was already in question prior to this coming to light, but right now you have to be more concerned for Tre Mason the person as opposed to Tre Mason the running back. Hopefully he can right the ship before camp starts later this week, but it seems that is unlikely.

Even for the Rams, this is a potentially sad ending for a once promising player.

TXRams86

The Infamous
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
darn it, should have checked the "Is Tre Mason a Goner" thread.

Psycho_X

Legend
You can delete threads you create just hit the delete button at the bottom of it.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
darn it, should have checked the "Is Tre Mason a Goner" thread.

It's alright, I thought this development needed it's own thread anyway. Mason has truly gone off the deep end. I had high hopes for him to be a good change of pace guy to spell Gurley. It sucks that he's responded this way to Gurley taking his job. I hope he can get help and get his life together. I'm hoping Malcolm Brown can become what Mason didn't.

RamzFanz

Damnit
He needs intervention before he goes Lawrence Phillips on us. He'll have no future in the NFL if he doesn't get straightened out. I've only run into the dude a few times and he always seemed off to me. Distant and sad.

TXRams86

The Infamous
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i hate to see anyone, much less one of our players, go off the deep end.
while i don't know what's wrong with him, i hope he gets the help he needs.
his time as a Ram may be up.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just hope that he gets the help he needs. Forget about the football side. Get help, Tre.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As a person who suffers from mental health disorders, I hope that Tre seeks the help he needs. Forget football; he needs to control his own life first.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If he has mental health issues why didn't that come out in the vetting process. Drugs now that is a whole other ball of wax. Please get healthy Tre irrespective of what your football future has in store.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he has mental health issues why didn't that come out in the vetting process. Drugs now that is a whole other ball of wax. Please get healthy Tre irrespective of what your football future has in store.

Many mental disorders don't fully develop (or start developing) until people reach adulthood. The peak age for the first psychotic episode for schizophrenics is early-to-mid 20s for men and late 20s for women.

It's frightening to think about. A person could be normal and function well until their 20s and then just completely lose it. Can't imagine how terrible that would be for that person and their loved ones.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@jrry32 Hopefully he seeks help his family sounds very concerned. The quickest road to unexplained behavior is often drugs. Even in schizophrenia which I know we are using only as an example there are signs of withdrawal, lack of normal emotion, antisocial behavior, lack of hygiene usually long before the described outbursts but we all know that each case is different. I am not guessing but hoping he finds what seems to be the help he needs. We are cursed at that position. TG30 needs to break the chain.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I was going to say that if he wasn't already gone from the Rams, he almost certainly is now...After reading about the situation though, his football future doesn't mean a thing...I too hope his situation can be brought under control...Not just for his sake , but the same of his family...This certainly sounds very, very serious if his family really does fear for their lives...I wish them all the best...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm waiting for camp to start before I draw any conclusions.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
He has every aid available and avoids it. I think about the people that need it and it's not available. I feel sorry for them. The Manziel's of the world, not so much.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
He has every aid available and avoids it. I think about the people that need it and it's not available. I feel sorry for them. The Manziel's of the world, not so much.

Me either. This is not about mental health in America. Thus is about a fuck up that is Tre Mason, period.
Adios - you could have been relevant.
You decided to pout instead.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Me either. This is not about mental health in America. Thus is about a freak up that is Tre Mason, period.
Adios - you could have been relevant.
You decided to pout instead.

You see a lot, Doctor. But are you strong enough to point that high-powered perception at yourself?

latest