Tru leading the pack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He's been great the last month. Really the only things that have slowed him down are injuries and a DUI in his 2nd year I believe. The way he's grown the last 2 years has been impressive. Him and Jenkins need to be retained. It's been so long since this team had 2 quality starting Corners. With EJ, Lamarcus and Roberson we are stacked at CB. Also no one's talking about McLeod, but he needs to be resigned. He has gotten better every year. Lastly, anyone else notice Cody Davis in great position on Lockett on Tru's INT? Dude's become a nice little player too. Secondary is stacked IMO. If they draft a DB you know they love the guy.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
For what ever consideration you give to PFF ratings this is an impressive statistic. Tops in passer rating given up in the NFL.

That stat is not actually a PFF stat. That's the aggregate passer rating of QBs on passes when TruJo's assignment was targeted. That's even more impressive imho 'cuz casual fans tend not to trust (understand?) PFF stats.

PFF's proprietary stat ranks TruJo as #5 of 119 CB in the league (8th in coverage, 26th in run D), still pretty damn good. I just hope we don't have to totally break the bank to retain him.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Another reason why Tru is more important to this team than Jenkins but I'd like to re-sign both.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So Tru is the best CB in the league and nobody but Rams fans know it.

I think a few NFL QBs may rank Tru pretty high also. How many times did he pick off RW this yr? Damn this last win feels good, but still too little too late.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Alot teams are going to throw money at TrU and JJ,hope we can get both back though because we are so close.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He's been great the last month. Really the only things that have slowed him down are injuries and a DUI in his 2nd year I believe. The way he's grown the last 2 years has been impressive. Him and Jenkins need to be retained. It's been so long since this team had 2 quality starting Corners. With EJ, Lamarcus and Roberson we are stacked at CB. Also no one's talking about McLeod, but he needs to be resigned. He has gotten better every year. Lastly, anyone else notice Cody Davis in great position on Lockett on Tru's INT? Dude's become a nice little player too. Secondary is stacked IMO. If they draft a DB you know they love the guy.
Agree. Our secondary is an under the radar weapon. Opponents (fans anyway) think it's our front seven that's the danger but our secondary is stacked. Resign Tru, Jenkins if possible (but I feel Gaines will come back strong) and Joyner and Roberson as slot strength and were good especially if we can find another late round steal for added depth.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I gotta say that I value Tru higher than Jenks. I want them both back in horns but as the season has progressed, I have been more impressed with what Tru offers as a total package. He has the size and length to contest jump balls and high passes against big receivers and TEs - a serious weakness for Jenks. He has vastly improved coverage and ball skills. And he can come up and really lay the wood. He would be my top priority for our CBs.

Of course he gets targeted a lot more so maybe part of this is that Jenks has simply shut out so many receivers this year that Tru is getting all the highlight reel material.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Another reason why Tru is more important to this team than Jenkins but I'd like to re-sign both.
Like you say, I want to keep them both!!! But IF I had to keep one, it would be tough, but it would be Tru!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't Jenkins get put on the #1 receiver though? Don't count on Tru keeping his performance up if he has to cover tougher targets.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
They're scared to throw at JJ and Tru's picken em off. We need to retain them both or our sick ass defense is taking a hit.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
If only Snisher's eye for secondary players was as good as his his eye for WR's.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Doesn't Jenkins get put on the #1 receiver though? Don't count on Tru keeping his performance up if he has to cover tougher targets.
Do you mean like when Tru was on Megatron all day? I think that your point isn't entirely true. JJ isn't even in the top ten of QB rating against, which means that QBs have some success when they throw at JJ.
JJ has been the flashier player but he isn't as reliable in coverage.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
imho 'cuz casual fans tend not to trust (understand?) PFF stats.
Disagree, PFF is the McDonalds of stats, the casual fan eats it up while the more knowledgeable fans know better.

Our secondary is an under the radar weapon. Opponents (fans anyway) think it's our front seven that's the danger but our secondary is stacked.
I think it's fair to still focus on the Rams front and blitzing that generates pressure. Football is the ultimate team game and the defensive front/scheme plays a lot into how well the secondary performs. I agree the secondary has played extremely well this season especially noting the injury losses, Tru certainly stepped up his game this season. People have already pointed out JJ's effect on Tru's numbers, but have to factor in the safety play as well, and scheme -- Rams did a great job reversing those broken play miscommunication big plays allowed this season. All those factors will go into Tru's free agency decision and true talent evaluation. I think JJ will be seen (rightly or wrongly) as more the "talent" #1 corner that can be signed and plugged in anywhere so teams will overpay, while Tru is more the "roleplayer" #2 guy that hopefully keeps other teams from overpaying so he stays right where he is.

lockdnram21

Legend
I strongly disagree. Hes getting all those targets because Qbs rarely throw at Jenkins. Jenkins had maybe 1 bad game and that was vs Aj Green

lockdnram21

Legend
Do you mean like when Tru was on Megatron all day? I think that your point isn't entirely true. JJ isn't even in the top ten of QB rating against, which means that QBs have some success when they throw at JJ.
JJ has been the flashier player but he isn't as reliable in coverage.
Mega tron wasnt 100%. Also he burned Tru a couple times and Stafford missed him. All these games. Where Tru is getting all these picks u hardly hear janoris name because the qb doesnt throw his way. Also the last couple games qbs dont throw towards Jenkins usually. Until they were down and rams were playing off coverage. If Tru is #1 cb think we will have problems also we dont know if Gaines will come back same player