Tru expected to accept/sign franchise tag today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would rather he signed a long term deal but this is good!

RamBill

Legend
Trumaine Johnson signing his franchise tender today

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 4, 2016, 3:52 PM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/04/trumaine-johnson-signing-his-franchise-tender-today/

The Rams started the offseason with a pair of starting corners without contracts.

And now one of them has signed.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher just said during a press conference in Los Angeles that cornerback Trumaine Johnson had signed his franchise tender, guaranteeing him $13.952 million for the coming season.

They can still negotiate a long-term deal with Johnson until July 15, and he can no longer skip mandatory workouts without penalty.

The Rams chose to tag Johnson rather than Janoris Jenkins, who has changed agents in advance of free agency.

Psycho_X

Legend
Very unselfish move by Tru to sign this early. Lets get the man locked up long term.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Very unselfish move by Tru to sign this early. Lets get the man locked up long term.

I like it too.

Probably why the Rams chose to tag him. They knew he was going to get to work.

jap

Legend
The NFL covets CBs that are 6'2" or more with loose hips. They are extremely rare. Something about the human body's physical dynamics seems to affect virtually all athletes who are 6'2" or above where their hips get too stiff to turn easily with top NFL wide-outs. With the big receivers in our division and in the NFL at large, Tru is a rare treasure who is developing even more fully.

I just hope EJ Gaines is recuperating well in case Jenks decides to chase dollars. In any event, former NFL DBs Fish &Chuck Cecil, and DC Greg Williams know a thing or two about NFL caliber DBs and know how to keep that position stuffed with talent.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I like it too.

Probably why the Rams chose to tag him. They knew he was going to get to work.

Well, not so sound sarcastic here but it's not too hard to sign a $13M tender :)
He knows he's getting paid max dollar no matter what and it's a huge difference from his original draft contract.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The thing with JJ that I don't get is his (I think it was instagram video or something) he kept saying how much he loves LA. So you would think as long as we are in the ballpark he'd rather stay than go elsewhere.
Guess we'll see.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, not so sound sarcastic here but it's not too hard to sign a $13M tender :)
He knows he's getting paid max dollar no matter what and it's a huge difference from his original draft contract.

That's true too. (y)