Troy Hill ready to be a playmaker for Rams' defense once again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

Troy Hill ready to be a playmaker for Rams' defense once again​

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – He was a pivotal playmaker on the NFL's No. 1 total defense in 2020 before taking a detour to Cleveland.

Now, cornerback Troy Hill looks do the same in 2022 after the Rams brought him back in a trade with the Browns this spring.

"It feels good (to be back)," Hill said after Sunday's practice. "Especially lining up with some of the greatest players to play the game and things like that, the camaraderie that goes along with it, feel good to be back in it. They play to the style I play and they let me be me, so I'm excited about that."

Alongside those players like All-Pro defensive lineman Aaron Donald and All-Pro defensive back Jalen Ramsey, Hill personally helped generate five of their 22 takeaways with three interceptions and two fumble recoveries; he returned two of those interceptions and one of those fumbles for touchdowns.
Ramsey was especially excited about the news of Hill's return when it was announced.

View: https://twitter.com/jalenramsey/status/1520465006244020227?s=21&t=4sXxW1PBfIfeqtcm0MzLOQ

Third-year safety Jordan Fuller, like Ramsey, also saw the impact Hill made first-hand as a rookie that year.

Having Hill back has made a "huge impact" on the defense so far, according to Fuller, and it was evident with his playmaking in camp.

"The first thing that comes to mind, I mean, he was scoring for us. He was scoring touchdowns for us," said Fuller, when asked .what he remembered most about Hill's impact during that 2020 season. "Obviously those plays change games. I'm happy that he's back."

Fuller also appreciates having another veteran voice to lean on when he has questions, a presence that impacts the secondary as a whole.

"It's a real calming figure," Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris said during training camp. "Another calming figure in that room."

That poise and ability to disrupt opposing offenses will be crucial for Los Angeles in Thursday night's season-opener against a Buffalo Bills offense that, led by quarterback Josh Allen, returns many of the players that helped it fifth in the NFL in total offense and third in scoring offense.

It will certainly be part of Hill's focus. And while Thursday night will officially kick off his second stint with the team, he's ultimately grateful to be able to play another season in the NFL.

"It's a blessing, you know what I'm saying? Thank God, coming up on Year 8, so that's probably first and foremost, because you don't want to take those for granted," Hill said. "The rest of it, I mean, being able to go out there and show that I can still play at a high level."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have always been a Troy Hill fan... Dude has had to earn his NFL living. :check:

He gives the Rams a lot of options, can move around, etc.

Glad he’s back.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I figure he will be relegated to depth by the quarter pole or so but maybe I'm wrong. Either way best of luck to him this season and hope he can avoid the mental mistakes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I figure he will be relegated to depth by the quarter pole or so but maybe I'm wrong. Either way best of luck to him this season and hope he can avoid the mental mistakes.

Well I guess those 3 TD’s were lucky & Stafford’s 3 pick 6’s were unlucky the following year.

Interesting how fast you can go from the Out-House to The Dawg House.Looking back at say the Baltimore games say 1/2/22?If The Rams lose that game lookout.

The Rams got lucky that whole thing didn’t blow up. Rapp was some how MIA & a veteran like Eric Weedle came in & was calling plays in the SuperBowl with a separated shoulder which he had surgery on right after.

When Raheem say Calming effect is that Troy Hill works hard & is a team player.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was at training camp & RAMsey had a full link like plastic Hoodie on & nobody knew who he was with an average eye.
The Rams going 1 on 1 at stadium 1 which is sort of rare ? I don’t know,but they mix it up a lot & seem to do more red zone & pass catching drills there ? Anyways I don’t know.
The point is is it was like the first padded 1 on 1’s. RAMsey was on the sidelines closest to where you have to cross fields but on field 1’s sidelines. Offense across the field opposite side away from the Fans.
Troy Hill on the right slot zone side & Cooper Kupp went up for a pass in front of him. Troy Hill just lays him out(on his butt) & Kupp caught the ball & was on the ground. The noise sort of stopped & everyone was looking at this #2 guy.
Troy Hill is on the sidelines the next play closets to the entry of the stadium main stands. RAMsey walked in front of everyone going all the way across with his hoodie & covers his mouth talking with Hill. Sort of like your good Man.This is how we do it Dawg!
He knows it’s just natural for Troy Hill to play hard.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Even if Troy Hill is on the sidelines he has already helped out RR31 & The rookie CB’s.
David Long & Troy Hill #2 or #22 you pick? I say pick 6 The Rams have scored with this CB group of 2022 either way.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Will be curious to see who plays on special teams. Under Bones Troy Hill did an excellent job making a name for himself.
Kendrick & Durrant will need to work there way in at some point. Kendrick though is an excellent 1on 1 Rwd Zone cover CB.-