Troy Hill, Nickell Robey-Coleman recognized by PFF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Wednesday, Jan 08, 2020 10:57 AM
Daily Dose: Troy Hill, Nickell Robey-Coleman recognized by PFF
By Stu Jackson

With the offseason underway, theRams.com will be taking a look around the internet for the top Rams headlines of the day. Here’s a look at what’s out there for Wednesday, January 8 about your Los Angeles Rams.

PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS' TOP 25 CORNERBACKS IN 2019 INCLUDE HILL, ROBEY-COLEMAN

The play of cornerbacks Troy Hill and Nickell Robey-Coleman this season landed them among Pro Football Focus' league-wide Top 25 for the position. Robey-Coleman checked in at No. 19, followed by Hill at No. 20.
"Nickell Robey-Coleman continues to solidify himself as one of the league’s best slot cornerbacks," wrote PFF analyst Solomon Wilcots, a former NFL defensive back. "He accelerates with quick closing speed after showing patience in press man-to-man coverage, and he is good enough to stick with receivers at the top of their routes."
Hill, meanwhile drew praise for allowing the fewest receptions (23) of any cornerback with a minimum of 300 coverage snaps.

"Hill was moved into a starting role after the Rams moved on from Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters, but he has rewarded the move by developing into a primetime presence in the Rams' promising secondary," Wilcots wrote.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
NRC got torched against good WR's. Watch the Bucks game, he was completely dismantled. I don't agree with PFF's rating of NRC. Hill on the other hand played pretty well. Not a huge sample size but big enough to see he's a solid #2

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
NRC got torched against good WR's. Watch the Bucks game, he was completely dismantled. I don't agree with PFF's rating of NRC. Hill on the other hand played pretty well. Not a huge sample size but big enough to see he's a solid #2

well I’m not sure about pff rating because looking at D. Long being rated high against Arizona first meeting.

Againdt the Bucs nrc played bad ?? Didn’t see the game, but Hill & NRC both are core players. I like The Rams DB group !!!!

I think the D” Front seven needs a face lift !!! The Rams are heading in the right direction. -excited !!!

TexasRam

Legend
NRC is an excellent slot player. Yea he’s not perfect but he has excellent closing speed and instincts and is a solid tackler on WR screens and short passes. I personally think he is highly underrated.

we could save I believe 4 million by cutting him, but his value is way more than that in my book.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NRC is an excellent slot player. Yea he’s not perfect but he has excellent closing speed and instincts and is a solid tackler on WR screens and short passes. I personally think he is highly underrated.

we could save I believe 4 million by cutting him, but his value is way more than that in my book.
It would not bother me if Snead traded him for some draft 2020 draft capital along with the near $5 million of Cap savings it would bring.

dang

Legend
I like NRC. flaws and all. He’s worth the price for one more year until we see what we ave with Long and Williams.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So I'm assuming you watched every play from the all 22 of him to make such a statement? Because otherwise you and I are watching the same footage and I'm coming away with the opposite opinion - he's awesome. All CBs get beat from time to time. This is confirmation that he's one of the best slot CBs

Ram65

Legend
NRC was playing off coverage against the Bucs. I think they were getting him lined up on the outside. It was too much space and they took advantage of it. He is pretty quick and can attack the short passes and bubble screens. Saving 4.5 Million which is only 2.5% of the cap space may not be worth finding a replacement. Depth at Cb is very important as they tend to get injured. NRC has been very healthy. Heck, they could try to extend him and save a little cap space.