Trophies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Saw this in my Alerts.

Community Moderator
Ability To Help Moderate The Community.

What does it mean? I'm afraid of responsibility. :ROFLMAO:

PhxRam

Saw this in my Alerts.

Community Moderator
Ability To Help Moderate The Community.

What does it mean? I'm afraid of responsibility. :ROFLMAO:

You probably see that you now have a "inappropriate" link. This is something that I designed that allows the users to make a determination of what is exceptable and what is not. By clicking on "inappropriate" you are essentially giving it a negative rating. Once the threshold of negative ratings is reached, the post is moved into moderation for a mod to review.

Members are only given 3 uses of the "inappropriate" button per day to prevent abuse.

Some members may have seen their post removed and think it was because of a mod when in reality the community has voted it off.

PhxRam

Gotcha. That's a neat little concept.

The ratio is currently 6 dislikes to be removed. Every "like" will cancel out a dislike. You could have 100 dislikes but as long as you had 95 likes, the post will remain.

The ratio is currently 6 dislikes to be removed. Every "like" will cancel out a dislike. You could have 100 dislikes but as long as you had 95 likes, the post will remain.

So a post I made the other day got 10 likes, but is 14 inappropriates away from deletion, so that means it got 2 inappropriates?

Just trying to get the maths right.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So a post I made the other day got 10 likes, but is 14 inappropriates away from deletion, so that means it got 2 inappropriates?

Just trying to get the maths right.
13zvawz.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Now I understand. That is a good concept. Ramstalk could have cleaned up a long time ago if they implemented this......thing is, there would be a zero post count due to everyone's posts being deleted.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Now I understand. That is a good concept. Ramstalk could have cleaned up a long time ago if they implemented this......thing is, there would be a zero post count due to everyone's posts being deleted.
Nah, this would never work on Ram Stalk. Too many sockpuppets there.

Here, I presume Phx's software warns him of multiple accounts coming from the same IP address (even though that in and of itself doesn't mean sockpuppets.)

PhxRam

Nah, this would never work on Ram Stalk. Too many sockpuppets there.

Here, I presume Phx's software warns him of multiple accounts coming from the same IP address (even though that in and of itself doesn't mean sockpuppets.)

A. You can only use an "inappropriate" vote 1 time on a post
B. You are only given three a day
C. You need to have at least 100 posts to even use the feature.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How many posts does it take for us to be able to mark your posts as Inappropriate Phx?

(I was hoping to find the tab on the above post so I could hit it just for fun.)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
A. You can only use an "inappropriate" vote 1 time on a post
B. You are only given three a day
C. You need to have at least 100 posts to even use the feature.
Right, but I was saying if someone had 4 different accounts, they could potentially delete a post by themselves.

That's a problem on Ram Stalk. I'm sure there's safeguards against it here.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Right, but I was saying if someone had 4 different accounts, they could potentially delete a post by themselves.

That's a problem on Ram Stalk. I'm sure there's safeguards against it here.

PhxRam is one sharp cookie. Nobody is getting anything past him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How many posts does it take for us to be able to mark your posts as Inappropriate Phx?

(I was hoping to find the tab on the above post so I could hit it just for fun.)
Never tried it before but apparently you can be a real fence walker and both like a post and mark it as inappropriate. Thanks for being the guinea pig. :cool: