Trivia Question of the day for 7/ 5 / 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Team Holds the NFL Record for Most " Consecutive" Seasons leading the League in scoring!?

• N.E. Patriots

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • S.F. 49ers

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • G.B. Packers

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • L.A. Rams

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St. Louis Rams

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here's a good one for you!! Which NFL Team holds the Record for " Most Consecutive Seasons" Leading the League in scoring!?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll give you all a little Tease, that will in no way give you the correct answer!!!!
The Record of the Top 4 Teams, as far as leading the League in scoring, NOT CONSECUTIVE but TOTAL years leading All-Time Is as follows:

*#1 Chicago 10 Seasons
* #2 - Rams 9 Seasons ( That's Cleve/L.A./St.Louis)
* #2 - 49ers 9 Seasons (Tie)
* #4 - Green Bay 7 Seasons
Don't get confused now, the original question is "Consecutive Seasons"!:D

nanotech

Rookie
I'll give you all a little Tease, that will in no way give you the correct answer!!!!
The Record of the Top 4 Teams, as far as leading the League in scoring, NOT CONSECUTIVE but TOTAL years leading All-Time Is as follows:

*#1 Chicago 10 Seasons
* #2 - Rams 9 Seasons ( That's Cleve/L.A./St.Louis)
* #2 - 49ers 9 Seasons (Tie)
* #4 - Green Bay 7 Seasons
Don't get confused now, the original question is "Consecutive Seasons"!:D

Uh, you gave the answer in a previous post.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I guessed Chicago....but of course after that list...I know I'm wrong....second guess....hmmm, I'll go...9ers....and I can't BELIEVE Dave is putting a trivia question with the :puke:9ers as the winner...:sick:

bluecoconuts

Legend
St Louis led for 3 years, I'm pretty sure the Whiners led 4 years in a row in the 90's when Steve Young took over.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Most points in one game the Chicago Bears beat the Washington Redskins 73-0 in the NFL Championship Game. Redskin Coach Ray Flaherty after the debacle..."Shoot, we'll fix that."

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I guessed Chicago....but of course after that list...I know I'm wrong....second guess....hmmm, I'll go...9ers....and I can't BELIEVE Dave is putting a trivia question with the :puke:9ers as the winner...:sick:
It's because of the Slow/ No News Time of Year Champ! I'm scrapping the bottom of the Barrel for things to post! So we have something with the 49ers in it! My Bad!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
St Louis led for 3 years, I'm pretty sure the Whiners led 4 years in a row in the 90's when Steve Young took over.
Don't forget:
* the Bears of the early 1940's where pretty good
* And the L.A. Rams of the early 1950 w/ Waterfield and Van Brocklin!
* The Raiders of the Late 1960's! Smoked!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Most points in one game the Chicago Bears beat the Washington Redskins 73-0 in the NFL Championship Game. Redskin Coach Ray Flaherty after the debacle..."Shoot, we'll fix that."
Are you sure about this score Coach!?!
According to Nfl.com the highest scoreing "Shut out" was 66-0 Rochester vs Fort Porter in Oct. 1920.
They do have, as the Highest scoring game ever Washington over the Giants 72-41! ( Nov. 1966)
Are there records in error or what?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Are you sure about this score Coach!?!
According to Nfl.com the highest scoreing "Shut out" was 66-0 Rochester vs Fort Porter in Oct. 1920.
They do have, as the Highest scoring game ever Washington over the Giants 72-41! ( Nov. 1966)
Are there records in error or what?

I believe @den-the-coach is right. 1940 Bears beat Redskins.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ok! The correct answer is ....
#1 - the 49er, w/ 4 Consecutive Years leading the League in scoring! (1992-95)
But take Heart, the Following Teams are all Tied for 2nd place with 3 years each:
* L.A. Rams - 3 yrs. 1950-52
* St. Louis Rams - 3 yrs. 1999-2001
* Green Bay - 3 yrs. 1936-38
* Chicago Bears - 3 yrs. 1941-43
* Oakland Raider - 3 yrs. 1967-59
Take comfort in the fact The Cheatriot's are not up there! I only put the name in to see how many " Suckers" would pick them!
This year the Rams will lead the League in scoring again and that will give them 10 years doing it and Tie us for #1 All time with Da Bears!!(y):D