Trey Wingo on 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
101.jpg

[mp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/04/04062012152551.mp3[/mp3]

Is it a good thing or bad thing to have a 'Williams reputation'?
I don't think he's going to be the DC for anybody. This is beginning to snowball out of control for him. I don't see how there's any way he'll coach the Rams ever. Because of what Goodell is going to do. He's suspended indefinitely - in perpetuity - forever. The only thing he did RIGHT so far was to admit he was wrong and not appeal his suspension. The Rams have to think ahead and make a decision.

Some players say a speech like that is common, and others say it makes them wanna puke. As a fan and someone who's never played at that high a level, it becomes kind of confusing.
I think you're right. D'Marco, you've heard all those terms before ("absolutely, yup"). The issue becomes when there's PAYMENT for those things. And the other issue is when he says he wants to "test the ACL" or "test that concussion." You have many many players suing the NFL over what they consider to be head injuries that the NFL didn't tell them about and didn't concern themselves with, so this a HUGE, HUGE priority for the NFL, and Goodell is protecting the shield. Are they the only team that's done it? I'd have to say no. But they're the only team that was told to stop and didn't. That's the most damning thing here. There's an email from Asshole Face saying, "Put me down for X amount of dollars for a hit on so-and-so."

How viable do you think the Parcells situation in New Orleans is?
If he's asked, he'd be a hypocrite not to do it. I think it's very viable, and it makes a lot of sense. He's not a long-term solution anyway. He's 70, and he quickly exits teams, but it's a perfect scenario for what they need and what he can provide (paraphrasing).

If one of the assistants took over and took the team into the playoffs, then the owner could turn around and say, "why am I paying this guy 7.5 million dollars when I can pay that guy much less?" That's a legitimate concern for Asshole Face, and a good point.

Tebow stuff. It's just a disaster. Why would you have Tebow come in and convert on 3rd & 3 or 3rd & 2, and then put Sanchez into 3rd & 7 or 8? It's ridiculous. Now the fans are going to be saying "Why do we need Sanchez when Tebow is getting it done?" (laughing). The way Sanchez's contract is set up, there is NO security for him a couple of years from now.

On Jerome Simpson:
You need weapons, and Jerome Simpson has athletic ability. At some point you have to decide... I'll give GW credit. He said "this is a production league." Jerome Simpson has had some mistakes, but if he can play, someone is going to use him so it might as well be the Rams.

Is Floyd just as good as Blackmon?
"Yeah, okay." If you see Blackmon in person, he's not a Dez Bryant freak of nature, but he's definitely a more polished receiver though. We can all sit here and say this or that, but none of us know. The beauty of the draft is that it's the most inexact science in the world.