Trey Lance and Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
As much as I like hearing that... I don't allow this time of year to sway my belief on any player (bad or good). It is practice, and that means coaches and players experiment to see what to use and what not to use. The shit that shows up terrible in practice usually never sees the light of day in a game.

Fuck him though. Hopefully he proves to be as useless as tits on a boar hog.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trey Lance rolled away from pressure? Was he afraid someone was gonna pull his flag? Oh.. but he looked great running down the sideline -lol.

Was today the first day for them? I thought I saw them on NFLN yesterday or was that OTA footage? Not a good way to start!!!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cheering a protected QB run in practice? That's your big play? Pathetic 49's fans, sorry. Can't wait to see the dramatic "crybaby videos" after every loss this season. The only thing more happy than me, is Trey's "Happy Feet"

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
As much as I like hearing that... I don't allow this time of year to sway my belief on any player (bad or good). It is practice, and that means coaches and players experiment to see what to use and what not to use. The shit that shows up terrible in practice usually never sees the light of day in a game.

That's a great approach. I'd like to counter that with a question.

How many times have our camp reports been really inaccurate?

Every time I can think of that we got reports that the offense was terrible in camp, it ended up being terrible in season too (I'm looking at you Jeff Fisher). Bubba said our point return game was weak, and then it was. Coach O and that other guy said Tavon Austin was the best player on the team, and it turned out that was because the rest of the team was bad. Counterpoint to my question: this is only one day of camp and not consistent reports of failure and mediocrity of their QB. We can only hope.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

And I don't think our coaches buy into one iota of this rhetoric. They will prepare like he's the next coming and will guage his actual game tape.

I think they may concentrate more on his weapons though. We may spy him more than a true pocket QB but will try to confuse him. He's barely more than a rookie.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That's a great approach. I'd like to counter that with a question.

How many times have our camp reports been really inaccurate?

Every time I can think of that we got reports that the offense was terrible in camp, it ended up being terrible in season too (I'm looking at you Jeff Fisher). Bubba said our point return game was weak, and then it was. Coach O and that other guy said Tavon Austin was the best player on the team, and it turned out that was because the rest of the team was bad. Counterpoint to my question: this is only one day of camp and not consistent reports of failure and mediocrity of their QB. We can only hope.

And I don't think our coaches buy into one iota of this rhetoric. They will prepare like he's the next coming and will guage his actual game tape.

I think they may concentrate more on his weapons though. We may spy him more than a true pocket QB but will try to confuse him. He's barely more than a rookie.
Totes agree.... Buts let's also be honest with ourselves. Nothing could be finer than to hate on a forty whiner. I take all of these reports with a salt shaker, but anything negative about those collie molesting, Satan worshipping losers will always make me smile.

giphy (6).gif