Treadwell Won't Run The Forty at The Combine.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/22/laquon-treadwell-wont-run-at-the-combine/

The biggest question about his game is his speed and he won't be answering any questions about it, at least when it comes to the combine. He will most likely run at his pro-day where it may be more favorable to his time.

Does this have any effect on your view of him as a prospect?

I don't think it's too big a deal honestly, but it is a bummer not being able to see him run.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. Game tape is a much better indicator unless he runs a 4.8 or something. 4.4-4.7 is expected and he's more of a big physical receiver than a speedster.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If I am taking him with the #15 pick ....heck yes I:rant: want to see him run with the rest. It sure has made me question what up with thato_O

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Is it an injury thing? Or just lack of confidence in himself. If you don't have the confidence to practice on the so called big stage, how are we to believe that we can trust you to be confident playing on the big stage? Like come on man.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's opening the door for Thomas to jump him if he runs a good time this week. But IMO it's good news for us and our odds of seeing him on the board at 15 if the Rams do sit tight there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Indy's a notoriously slow track. I can see why he'd be advised to not run and then post an "expected" time at his Pro Day and in the end the FOs will make their decisions on game tape.

For a guy who can go high like Treadwell, a slow Combine time can really hurt him financially even if he runs a much better time, the "expected" time or better at his Pro Day.

I love for guys to compete, but the NFL has to improve some of this to alleviate the incentive for players to just pass.

If they do move the Combine to LA as has been floated, the new surface should be faster. That would encourage more players to participate.

WestCoastRam

Legend
There could be a good chance he's there for us at 15, be hard to pass up on him. In fact, if Wentz and Goff are gone (and they most likely will be), I'd as soon take him than another QB and look to trade back up into the 1st for one of the others. S

Sounds like Lynch is gonna be there in the bottom half of the 1st.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well that stinks. I'd like to see an even playing field. If Chris Johnson can run a 4.23 then how slow can that track really be?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/22/laquon-treadwell-wont-run-at-the-combine/

The biggest question about his game is his speed and he won't be answering any questions about it, at least when it comes to the combine. He will most likely run at his pro-day where it may be more favorable to his time.

Does this have any effect on your view of him as a prospect?

I don't think it's too big a deal honestly, but it is a bummer not being able to see him run.
I think it's a big mistake! Everyone will be asking " Why not run for the broader National audience at the combine!!?" "Is he hurt!?"

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
That means he runs a 5 flat and shouldn't be in consideration for our first round pick. We can just pick up Bolden if we want a receiver like that.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I don't see the Rams drafting Treadwell. Look at the Snisher first round picks Brockers, Tavon, Ogltree, Donald, Robinson, Austin, and Gurley all of them are high upside guys with special athletic traits at their position. We will get a clearer picture of the athletic traits of players in this draft after the combine.

Lets not forget they picked the high upside athletic Brian Quick over Alshon Jefferey who fell because concerns about his athletic ability. Snead was also part of the team that sold their draft to get Julio Jones and his elite traits. Our new WR coach coached Alshon Jeffrey and Brandon Marshall, but wasn't part of the team that drafted those guys. However, he was part of the team that drafted Kevin White who wrecked the combine last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lets not forget they picked the high upside athletic Brian Quick over Alshon Jefferey who fell because concerns about his athletic ability.

Hopefully they've learned their lesson eh?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Pure speeds not his game. They know who he is and how his skill set gets him open. 40 time would prove nothing with him (unless be blazed a 4.34 or something).

If they think they'd do better with Thomas or Coleman in the second I'd be down with that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A 4.5 never really hurts a highly rated receiver, a mid 4.6 - 4.7 does, in some cases. If Treadwell records a fast 3 cone, catches everything, and runs good routes, he will still be fine.