Travin Howard Excited to Reunite with Noteboom in L.A.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
temptcu_howard_travin_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

With the close of the 2018 NFL Draft, 11 college prospects can now call themselves Los Angeles Rams.

After a draft haul that saw the franchise make moves to acquire 10 selections in Day 3 alone, the Rams were able to replenish depth at multiple positions — bringing in several new, dynamic playmakers.

And now that the big event has come and past, therams.com will be taking a look at each member of the club’s 2018 Draft Class.

With the close of the 2018 NFL Draft, 11 college prospects can now call themselves Los Angeles Rams.

After a draft haul that saw the franchise make moves to acquire 10 selections in Day 3 alone, the Rams were able to replenish depth at multiple positions — bringing in several new, dynamic playmakers.

And now that the big event has come and past, therams.com will be taking a look at each member of the club’s 2018 Draft Class.

[www.therams.com]

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good feeling about Howard when it comes to special teams, Fassel going to find the perfect role for Howard on his unit.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Is that really the story on Howard?
https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2131815/travin-howard

Travin Howard, LB, TCU
Draft Prospect Outlook:

Safety turned linebacker who uses lightning quickness to avoid blocks to get to the football. Space player who can stay with running backs in coverage. Every type of blocker can overwhelm him at times. Has some tackling issues. Will be one of the first defenders to the football due to his athleticism.

College Recap:

A three-star recruit out of Longview, Texas, Howard immediately contributed as a true freshman, appearing in all 13 games while playing defense and special teams. He led the Horned Frogs with 107 total tackles as a sophomore, including 9.5 for loss and three sacks. Howard led the Big 12 with 130 total tackles as a junior and even started at strong safety in the Liberty Bowl.

Howard played in 12 games as a senior, managing 108 total tackles (including seven for loss) on the season while returning his lone interception of the year for a touchdown against SMU. The linebacker capped off his career with four straight games with double-digit tackles, including 15 against Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship and 10 in a win against Stanford in the Alamo Bowl. --R.J. White

http://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/article208633159.html

http://pigskinprospects.com/players/travin-howard/
Scouting stuff....times and sizes....I like that

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/In-Their-Own-Words-Howard-Excited-to-Reunite-with-Noteboom-in-LA/fdae617d-90da-4c96-9ad8-e314c2333d20

The first-team All-Big 12 talent comes to Los Angeles as the first player in TCU history to lead the program in tackles for three consecutive seasons. Last year, Howard recorded 108 tackles, with one interception returned for a touchdown and seven pass deflections.

And with just a few days remaining before Howard ventures to California for the first time, he is eager to get acquainted with his new environment. Fortunately for the TCU product, Howard will get to do so alongside former teammate Joseph Noteboom — as both prepare for a new challenge and setting at the next level.

Here is Travin Howard in his own words:

On his reaction to getting the phone call from the Rams:

“This was a long time coming. It was a long wait, big relief, a little emotional with my family. It was great.”

On his position history throughout college:

“When I came into TCU, I was a safety and then I converted to linebacker my sophomore year. But ever since then, I pretty much played both of them at TCU throughout my four years. I think the Rams will have me at inside linebacker.”

On what he thinks his strengths are as a player:

“Just speed – sideline-to-sideline, running to get the ball anywhere, just pretty much a ball magnet.”

On if he spent much time in Los Angeles or ever visited California:

“No, I have never been to California before. But, I’ll be there soon. I’m pretty sure I’ll adjust quick.”

On the Rams drafting his TCU teammate, Joseph Noteboom:

“He’s a great player, big guy, athletic – he doesn’t really say too much, but he’s a good guy.”

I think this guy is Barron-like....faster than John Johnson....I like that....lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

A thought just occurred to me.

If 2 out of these 10 turn into good starters, and Snead has a knack for what he calls the hidden gems, this will mean talent at the lowest possible cost. And players who might be willing to sign up for a few more years after the first two for reasonable amounts. Also leaving cap space to put some of these deals in place for Donald, Goff, Gurley and the new guys.

If another 2-3 turn out to be decent backups the same scenario could be true.

I wonder if the plan was to have a ton of low picks and use that to help now and in the near future, meaning the next two years.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Les, I don’t think it was a plan, just the result of trading early round picks for veterans.