Transformation Complete

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
As we all reminisced, the 99 Rams finally delivered on a Championship in the Super Bowl Era. Who did they barely beat? An undermanned team with a handful of excellent players and the rest of little notoriety. Weren't they coached by a guy who was decidedly Old School getting ready to be taught a lesson by the historically creative, talented, and productive GSOT filled with at least four HOF'ers on offense and all but a couple at or near Pro Bowl talent? Didn't they pave the way for today's high flying offenses? Uh, how many points did we get in the first half, 9? And the defense was top 5 in most categories as well. What kind of team blew out a historically productive offense last year?

Since then, we fans have pined for those three glory years to return only to see our hopes dashed each and every Autumn. Low and behold, Kroenke lures our SB nemesis coach Fisher to lead our team. In his first year at the helm, the team became instantly tougher and more competitive. The second year saw improvement is some areas but inconsistency in others as they suffered the loss of their franchise QB for most of the season.

Now the roster is filled with Fisher laden men. The Rams today look more like the squads previously coached by Allen, Prothro, Robinson, and Knox. Since this has been my team for nearly 50 years, I embrace the new/old identity.

50'sRams/GSOT
70s 80s Rams/2014-2020 Rams

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Me too....I keep hearing how this is a passing league now...but even with the most potent Offense in history with GSOT, it came down to a pass from McNair to Dyson in Super Bowl 34. According to Farr, that was the wrong play, because they were so tired (Rams D.), that he was thanking his lucky stars that the call wasn't a run by Eddie George.

"We couldn't have stopped him"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know I wasn't cocky about that Super Bowl. They beat us earlier in the year.

I, for one, was worried about that team.

Momentum is a dangerous thing.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
That HOF team also got beat two seasons after that by another no-nonsense team with even less playmakers. It's easy to blame Martz's playcalling, but our players just didn't get it done. They muscled up and we didn't. I think this 2014 Rams team will have no problem muscling up. Unmuscling before 15yrds and an automatic 1st down for the other team...... maybe not so much.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I know I wasn't cocky about that Super Bowl. They beat us earlier in the year.

I, for one, was worried about that team.

Momentum is a dangerous thing.

For some reason I was very confident because I felt the Rams should have beaten them in Nashville and we took their best punch then and I was shocked it was that close and it should not have been if the Rams don't miss two FG's. Anyway I was much more concerned against the Patriots because I knew all about Bill Belichick and didn't like the fact the Rams had played against them that year. Plus I for one was more of a Vermeil guy because I felt the combination of him and Martz was perfect much like the combination of Fisher & Williams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now the roster is filled with Fisher laden men. The Rams today look more like the squads previously coached by Allen, Prothro, Robinson, and Knox. Since this has been my team for nearly 50 years, I embrace the new/old identity.

50'sRams/GSOT
70s 80s Rams/2014-2020 Rams

Only issue with the teams back then leo is they did not get to the Super Bowl and Allen & Knox would both tighten up in big games. I felt Robinson overachieved and besides making some shrewd personnel moves the only thing that I could post good about Tommy Prothro is, he was one hell of a Pinochle player.