TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher & QB Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – August 13, 2013

[stl]d725239a-e09f-4b68-a8b9-20f0275f7975[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Head-Coach-Jeff-Fisher-Press-Conference/d725239a-e09f-4b68-a8b9-20f0275f7975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... f0275f7975</a>

(On DT Jermelle Cudjo and TE Lance Kendricks coming off the PUP list today)
“If you’re on active PUP you’re really not permitted to do anything with the team, so we felt like both of them are getting close. So, take them off and that way they can at least participate in walk-thrus and get the benefit of walk-thru reps. So, that’s where we are. Neither one of them is ready to come out and practice yet, but we just want to take advantage of the walk-thru reps, and that’s what we’ve done.”

(On if Cudjo and Kendricks will be ready for the regular season)
“Oh yeah. There’s no doubt. There’s a chance both of them will play in the preseason.”

(On his conversation with Rams owner Stan Kroenke while he attended practice today)
“It’s great. We talk often. He picked today to come out and just see everybody and visit and get caught up. It’s been great to have him.”

(On how often he talks football with Kroenke)
“Yeah. We talk football a lot. We talk other things – Montana and all that kind of stuff.”

(On how the competition at left guard is going between Chris Williams and Shelley Smith)
“We’re alternating every day. They’re both playing well. We have a good situation there because both of them are getting great experience and one guy’s going to get the job, the other’s going to have plenty of reps to back up both sides.”

(On alternating who starts on Saturday against Green Bay and starting Smith)
“We’ll go back the other way, yes. We’re moving guys around, as you can see. Brandon (Washington)’s getting some work at the right tackle, which is really good. The work for them is extremely valuable, just to have the flexibility to play the different positions.”

(On if there is a different mindset for the second week of the preseason)
“Yeah, it’s improvement. We really can’t go any other direction other than that. But, going back to the game, again we made a lot of corrections. I feel like young guys have a better understanding of what we’re doing right now. So, we want to see improvement. Now, you may not be able to see it at first glance, but we expect it to happen and we’re confident it will.”

(On how ‘vanilla’ the game planning will be this week)
“We’ll do a few more things I think and add a few things. But, still again, our focus is on the opener and the early season opponents. So, the less we show in preseason, sometimes the more productive you are.”

Rams Quarterback Sam Bradford – Post-Practice – August 13, 2013

[stl]aa63de1a-11c9-4a99-b18c-f881ccc3339f[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/QB-Sam-Bradford-Press-Conference-/aa63de1a-11c9-4a99-b18c-f881ccc3339f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 81ccc3339f</a>

(On if he is looking forward to Week 2 against Green Bay)
“Absolutely. Hopefully we’ll get a few more snaps out there this week. I’d imagine that Green Bay is probably going to throw us a few more looks than we saw last week in Cleveland. I think that will be good for us to go against something new – stuff that we don’t see in practice every day from our defense.”

(On if their offense will be more creative)
“Yeah, I’d imagine we’re going to keep it pretty simple though. Last week we were extremely vanilla. I’d imagine that we might throw in a few more plays, but I doubt we’re going to show a whole lot of new wrinkles.”

(On if he enjoys seeing Rams Owner Stan Kroenke at practice)
“Yeah, absolutely. We don’t get an opportunity to see him a lot, so when he’s around it means a lot to us. It’s great see him out here at practice showing his support and then getting to say a few words to him. It’s always great when he’s around.”

(On if players get nervous when Kroenke is at practice)
“No, it’s nothing like that. Mr. Kroenke’s great. I don’t think anyone is fearful when he’s around about dropping a pass. But, I think when the owner is around, obviously, you want to show your best and put your best foot forward.”

(On the players getting heated with one another during red zone 11-on-11 drills)
“That last group got pretty intense down there, but I think that’s just part of camp. The longer you go at each other, the more shots people take. I think people just get a little frustrated going against the same looks, the same players every day, so I think that was probably just a way to get some of that frustration out. It’s actually good to see. It actually brings some intensity to practice, kind of livens things up a little bit.”

(On what he wants to accomplish in the game Saturday against Green Bay)
“I think the biggest thing for us is just going out there and executing whatever our game plan is. Whatever we put in, whatever we talk about on Friday night before the game, we need to go out and execute and be clean. That’s picking up the blitz, executing sight adjustments, hot routes, protection calls – the simple things. They’re small details but they make a difference in winning or losing a game in the regular season. Those are the things that we need to make sure that we take care of out there on Saturday.”

(On the importance of distributing the ball to TE Jared Cook and WR Tavon Austin during preseason games)
“It was one of those things. The other night I think we only threw the ball eight times, and unfortunately with the depth and the talent we have in the wide receiving group now and at tight end, not everyone could touch the ball. But, I am very confident that those two are going to touch the ball plenty. So, it would be nice to get them some touches in the preseason just so they can get used to it, but I think they’re going to get their fair share of balls in the season.”

(On TE Lance Kendricks coming off the physically unable to perform list)
“That’s huge. That’s really big for us. I think it’s going to be really exciting to see Kendricks and Cook on the field at the same time. When we go ‘12’ (personnel set) with those two guys out there, there is a lot of speed on the field. And obviously everyone knows Lance’s ability to catch but also to be a very good blocker in the pass game and in the run game. So, it’s going to be exciting. It’ll be interesting to see just all the things we can do with those two on the field together.”

(On if the offense is still installing plays into the playbook)
“To be honest, we’re going back and reviewing now which is good. The bulk of our installation, everything’s been put in. We’re seeing everything for a second time now which is allowing us to go back and detail everything.”

(On if it is the second time installing during training camp)
“Yeah.”

(On his mental level of comfort for where things are at currently with the offense)
“Obviously, I think we still need to improve just in some of the mistakes that we made in the Cleveland game, it was evident that we’ve still got a ways to go before we’re ready to play Arizona. I think the biggest thing for us is using these next three weeks as stepping stones and building each week. Whatever we do against Green Bay this week, we need to be better in Denver and then so on the next week. So, I think as long as we continue to improve and we come to the practice field with the right mindset every day, I think we’ll be just fine for Arizona.”

(On how much it helps the receivers going up against CBs Janoris Jenkins and Cortland Finnegan in practice)
“I think it’s great to go against those guys and not only those guys, but our defense plays a lot of press coverage. They throw a lot of multiple looks at our guys. It’s tough on those young receivers because they’ll show a post safety look and then spin to some bizarre form of cover-2 or quarters, and it makes those guys play with their eyes. I think that’s so much better for us. I would much rather them see those looks now than see vanilla cover-3, cover-4 looks, then we get into the season and everyone starts throwing the exotic blitzes and coverages. So, I think it’s really good work for those guys to go against those players.”

(On opponents not showing complicated blitzes and coverage in games)
“Exactly. No one is going to tip their hand right now in the pre-season.”

(On his comfort level of T Joe Barksdale starting at right tackle)
“I’m comfortable with Joe. Obviously he stepped in, I think he did a great job last year. I believe his first start – him and (G) Shelley (Smith) both was against Green Bay last year, and I thought he played extremely well against (Packers’ LB) Clay (Matthews). So, I’m extremely comfortable with him, and I think he’s going to continue to get more comfortable the more he’s in there with the (No.) 1’s.”

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher & QB Sam Bradfor

Getting excited again. :zomg: