TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, 6-10-14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(On T Jake Long’s rehab)
“He’s doing some individual stuff, a lot of stuff inside (the facility) that you don’t see and then he’s able to participate in the walk-thru. So, he’s still getting the football, the assignment, and things. He’s having the opportunity to line up against Greg (Robinson) and communicate in walk-thru. He’ll be ready to go I’m sure.”

(On his philosophy on waiting to sign rookies)
“With the new rookie cap and everything it’s really not difficult to get the deals done. So we just felt like this time would be better served, putting them in the situations from an educational standpoint, financial planning and those kinds of things. We’ve done a lot of that. We’ve got another meeting or two left to go and then I would think we’d get these things done here pretty quickly.”

(On if he gets the sense that the players are responding very well to Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams)
“Yeah, there’s no doubt. He’s the main voice in the room. He can coach every single position. You can see the change. You can see the energy. I’ve had to back him down just a little bit.”

(On what he likes about OL Davin Joseph)
“We had Davin in, in the middle of free agency, actually the beginning of free agency. We really liked the visit, was really excited about what we thought he could do for us from a depth standpoint and all that stuff. We gave him an opportunity to come in and compete, but Davin, I think, is at a point now where you know he just wants to have fun. We hit it off well, so we decided to wait until after the draft and we got things put together.”

On if the Rams kept in touch with Joseph between the time he visited and later signed)
“We stayed in touch with him, yes.”

(On Joseph’s health)
“He really is much better than he was when he came in for the visit. He’s a pro. He knows how to rehab. He knows how to prepare for camp, and he’s doing fine right now.”

(On what he likes about QB Shaun Hill)
“Shaun is very smart. He’s got a lot of experience. Most of the experience comes in the preseason, but he’s a settling factor. He’s a lot like Kellen (Clemens). He’s going to know what to do. He doesn’t necessarily need a lot of reps. He understands offenses, understands defenses and can push the ball down the field.”

(On what he likes about Hill’s physical attributes)
“His arm strength and his height, his vision, his decision making, everything. He’s still got some mobility left.”

(On how he sees S T.J. McDonald’s role growing)
“When T.J. got going early in the season before the injury, you didn’t look at T.J. and see a rookie. You saw someone that played like an experienced player. With that being said, year two is completely different. He understands, he’s in great shape right now. (Defensive Coordinator) Gregg’s (Williams) going to be able to do a lot of things with him on defense.”

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol. Fisher's had to back down Williams.

I wonder if he was foaming at the mouth or somethin'.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not really a ringing endorsement for Hill though. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong because I'm attune to man-speak.

Wife: What do you like about this dress?
Man: Ah jeez. I dunno. The color? The length? The cut? Everything.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Not really a ringing endorsement for Hill though. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong because I'm attune to man-speak.

He didn't talk him up much, that's for sure! Guess he's the backup qb and that's it!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
lol. Fisher's had to back down Williams.

I wonder if he was foaming at the mouth or somethin'.
Because Williams ain't no players coach like the Fisher. I'd be willing to bet that GW is a straight up hard ass, but if you work your ass off for him, buy into his system and do what you're told when you're told to do it you're likely golden.

Glad he's on board but like i've said before, i'm glad I don't have to work for him. :D

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Yea, I just tell her to turn around. WTF is the cut?

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
(1) having a neckline low enough to expose part of the breast; - of a woman's garment; as, a low-cut party dress.
(2)having a back exposing skin between the shoulder blades.

FRO

Legend
I like that they asked questions that weren't frequently asked.