TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, 12-25-13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – December 25, 2013

(On how the players were as far as practicing on Christmas)
“The guys were great. We grabbed about an hour and a half, two hours of their time yesterday just to put Tampa Bay stuff behind us. Then, let them spend the morning with Santa Claus and everything. It was good. They came in around noon, we had a meal, and we’re good to go. Into the prep week.”

(On how important it is for the players and coaches to spend time with their families over the holiday)
“It’s important for the organization. The coaches and players with youngsters, I think it’s really important. So, we made sure that they were at home last evening, plenty of time, let them sleep in, and do what they want. Those with kids probably didn’t get much sleep, but it was good.”

(On if the team is eager to play in Seattle and to finish the season on a high note)
“Yeah. You can tell right now they’re really excited. This is a meaningful game for the Seahawks and this is a meaningful game for us because it’s our last one. So, they want to play well.”

(On what makes the Seahawks home field environment difficult for away teams to be successful in)
“Obviously, it starts with the football team. They’re a very, very good football team. Then, they’ve got a fan base that never sits down. They stand up for three and a half hours and make noise. So, it’s hard to hear and hard to communicate.”

(On if he will be watching the scoreboard for the Washington Redskins and Houston Texans scores)
“No. I don’t even know who they’re playing.”

(On the draft implications surrounding the outcome of the Redskins’ and Texans’ games)
“Those things take care of itself. I’m going to be too awfully concerned about it. I’ll be more focused on the Seahawks.”

(On RB Zac Stacy nearing the 1,000-yard mark and DE Robert Quinn leading the NFL with 18 sacks)
“Obviously, if you look at Rob’s deal, that’s his deal. There’s no way we can help him get sacks. You can hand it off a few extra times for Zac, but we’re going down there trying to win the football game and do whatever it takes. That’s a very good defense, but I’d like to think if we could stick to our game plan that he’d have a chance for 1,000 yards.”

(On why the Rams have played the Seahawks so tough since he’s been the team’s head coach)
“I think there’s match-ups. You have to have speed up front on defense to match (Seahawks QB) Russell’s (Wilson) speed and we can do that, but every game’s different. You can look back and say they were close, but the match-ups are the same, but the games are different. We can’t go up there thinking, well we played them close the last few times we played them, so expect to go in there and play them close again. You have to actually go in there and execute.”

(On what makes Wilson a successful quarterback)
“He knows what to do. He knows how to do it. He’s very athletic. He’s hard to fool. If he doesn’t like something, then he pulls the ball down and runs or he’ll throw it away. You can tell based on his play and his performance that he’s very, very well-prepared.”