!@##%*! Traffic

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Today, the Seattle Mariners had a day game. Safeco Field is just down the street from where I work. Now, it's bad enough I can't get away from work for lunch because they take away street access an hour before the game. But to compound the already nutso traffic conditions, they blocked 2 of the 3 freeway access points, creating a bottleneck much like an hourglass, so the fans who attend the game and park in the adjacent parking structures can leave unimpeded by regular traffic.

First of all, these people just attended a game. They just had a good time. The rest of us just got off work. Let them sit in their cars and work off their beer buzz, while I get home in a reasonable time.

Secondly, all that fan traffic winds up hopelessly snarling freeway traffic. Which is what happened today. I spent an hour and a half trying to get on the freeway (normal transit time: 5 minutes). Some of that was spent trying to navigate streets on which I don't normally drive. Eventually, I realized my normal route was a lost cause and took 2 sides of the triangle to get home, which took another half hour (normal transit time on the freeway: 15 minutes).

How angry was I? Well, angry enough to write all this. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being Bruce Banner on the toilet without a roll of paper ... 15. And yet I kept my inner Hulk from breaking any windows.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
yeah i always hated that when i lived up there i was so glad to get away from that mess

bluecoconuts

Legend
One of the benefits of a motorcycle. There have been times I've seen the traffic and just turned around and got my bike. Split lanes and save so much time. I've even reached the fable front of the traffic before.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Hate you motorcycle people worse then the traffic aint no more important than a car yet you break all traffic laws to get through

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
One of the benefits of a motorcycle. There have been times I've seen the traffic and just turned around and got my bike. Split lanes and save so much time. I've even reached the fable front of the traffic before.
Nothing against you personally, but one of these days I'm going to open my door.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Strangest of all the traffic quirks up here, but I haven't seen a motorcycle splitting the lanes during rush hour since we moved up here 8 years ago. I wonder if they're putting something in the water.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
Nothing against you personally, but one of these days I'm going to open my door.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Nothing against you personally, but I'll stop in time and pistol whip you through your open door. :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
bluecoconuts said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Nothing against you personally, but I'll stop in time and pistol whip you through your open door. :ww:
lol.

Oh it's on now!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yesterday I learned that the stadium has the authority redirect traffic as they please. WTF!