Trade for Chris Johnson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Ok, I'm at lunch and I just thought of this after reading through some shit online about his situation in Tennessee. Feel free to call me a dumbshit, and yes, this is totally a first impulse post.

What would it take to get him? Jackson would be pretty much worthless to them so he's out of it obviously.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Username said:
Ok, I'm at lunch and I just thought of this after reading through some shit online about his situation in Tennessee. Feel free to call me a dumbshit, and yes, this is totally a first impulse post.

What would it take to get him? Jackson would be pretty much worthless to them so he's out of it obviously.
Fisher can motivate guys, that other coaches can't seem to get squat out of, truly amazing. I say we see what they would want to ship him out.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
No way. He's done. He has no interest in hitting the holes, he'd rather dance behind the line.

Not only do I think he's done, but it would be a financial catastrophe, there are more motivated buyers(Arizona), and we would likely have to sacrifice draft picks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think when we look at these hypotheticals, we should remove any presumed price tags. If it's a viable option for Fisher, then he'll ship it off to Demoff to work out the particulars. So with that said, would you want Chris Johnson -- period?

Yes.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
I think when we look at these hypotheticals, we should remove any presumed price tags. If it's a viable option for Fisher, then he'll ship it off to Demoff to work out the particulars. So with that said, would you want Chris Johnson -- period?

Yes.

Im not sure you can view it from that perspective, X.

I think you have to look at it through the lens of a cost benefit analysis. Sure we would be buying low and there would be a huge upside, but there's no escaping his cap figure. That would be extremely detrimental to the team. Bringing him in would likely cost us DannyA and SJ next year and potentially some of our 1st and 2nd year players in the out years when their rookie deals expire.

I dont think thats an appropriate risk, especially when we dont need a RB

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
X said:

Yes.

Im not sure you can view it from that perspective, X.

I think you have to look at it through the lens of a cost benefit analysis. Sure we would be buying low and there would be a huge upside, but there's no escaping his cap figure. That would be extremely detrimental to the team. Bringing him in would likely cost us DannyA and SJ next year and potentially some of our 1st and 2nd year players in the out years when their rookie deals expire.

I dont think thats an appropriate risk, especially when we dont need a RB
I get what you're saying, but you have to trust that Demoff would make it a cap friendly contract. I don't think that they would risk staking their short or long term future on one free agent's salary, so it would either be adjusted accordingly or not even entertained at all on *their* end. As fans, I don't know what benefit we could derive from trying to balance their budget. It makes more sense to just say yay or nay on proposed pick ups like CJ or anyone else. Know what I mean? I'm not saying that we should stick our heads in the sand and trust them to make sound decisions, but it is kind of apparent that Demoff has his shit together.

Would I want him on the Rams? Absolutely. But at the same time, I don't see a clear separation between what CJ is now and what Richardson could shortly become. Because of that, I don't think the Rams would be all that interested.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still think Jackson is a beast and has some gas left. I would love to see him finish his career here and in a prefect scenario with a ring. His injury history and age are almost getting to be too much for me with his contract though.

I agree though. If we have to take on all his contract its not worth it. Unless we could get rid of Jacksons somehow. Idk, I wouldn't imagine the Rams are that interested. Who knows though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No fucking way in hell. He's like Haynesworth, but worse; he held out twice, and now that he has his money, he's turned into a slug on the field.

Even if the Titans volunteered to pay the extra money, I still wouldn't take CJ0K. I'd much rather go with Jackson, Richardson, Pead, and Ganaway.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Johnson isn't suited for this offense,his big year was largely off option toss with Vince Young ,since Vince is gone , he's not special cuz defenses aren't divided on who to pursue, or so I hear and saw on one of those "analysis" shows.
So NO,I don't want Sam running the option.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No arguments with anything said. Remembering saying to myself after some of Jacksons runs in the 2nd half against Arizona "just keep giving him the damn ball."

SJ is a great all around back, but he's also become kind of a "closer" for us. The hunger this man has to win is second to none in the 4th quarter. When he smells a victory in the air there's no stopping him. Can't beat the ball security or pass blocking either.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Username said:
No arguments with anything said. Remembering saying to myself after some of Jacksons runs in the 2nd half against Arizona "just keep giving him the damn ball."

SJ is a great all around back, but he's also become kind of a "closer" for us. The hunger this man has to win is second to none in the 4th quarter. When he smells a victory in the air there's no stopping him. Can't beat the ball security or pass blocking either.

Which is the role I see for him ,one he can fulfill for three more years .I envision him like a closer in baseball.