Torry Holt on Brian Quick (audio)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Seems like everybody, Holt, us, and all other Ram fans, the key word is hopefully:confused:
train

iced

Seems like everybody, Holt, us, and all other Ram fans, the key word is hopefully:confused:
train
he also said 3 or 4 years for receivers...quick is in year 2.

jordy nelson is the best recent example of it, and that's in a wide open passing attack with the best qb in the game... year 3 was his magical number

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Brian Quick just isn't where he needs to be at this point. I tell you what, though. I do think he's on the verge of a breakout game. He's starting to handle guys repeatedly, now he just has to learn to finish plays. The progress is there, he is close, now it's just time to take the next step. Clemons starting sux because he hinders the progress but that's what happens when Sam goes down.

You know what really sux? Our defense plays it's best game against the best team we've faced BAR NONE the week after Sam goes on IR. Could there be any more of a sick, discusting, conicidence than that? If the football Gods were in front of me now, I'd punch them right in the mouth. They have a sick sense of humor.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
My issue with Quick, and all our receivers for that matter, is that they don't attack the ball.

You're taught it since Pop Warner (at least I was.) If the ball is in the air, it is yours, so go get it. Its like they wait for it to fall into their hands and if it is slightly overthrown, there is no effort to try and get it.

Pettis occasionally attacks the ball, and that's probably why he is our most dependable receiver.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
My issue with Quick, and all our receivers for that matter, is that they don't attack the ball.

You're taught it since Pop Warner (at least I was.) If the ball is in the air, it is yours, so go get it. Its like they wait for it to fall into their hands and if it is slightly overthrown, there is no effort to try and get it.

Pettis occasionally attacks the ball, and that's probably why he is our most dependable receiver.
Ya know THAT was what I liked about Greg Salas,he did that at least he did in college

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Ya know THAT was what I liked about Greg Salas,he did that at least he did in college

He did that in the pros too! He just wasn't the same after that leg injury. Its a shame too, I liked him.