Top QB/RB combos in 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
@Merlin posted a comment HERE suggesting the Rams were top 3...

So... what do you see? Who has the best QB and RB combo, predraft? Unless I’ve missed a top combo... here are ones I see;

UN-RANKED TOP COMBOS
Mahommes and Edwards Helaire
Prescott and Elliott
Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones
Mayfield and Chubb
Tannehill and Derek Henry
Wilson and Carson
Stafford and Akers

Stafford and Akers certainly looks top 5, to me. Maybe even top 3.

I think most of us would pick Mahomes and Helaire tops. But... I start debating after that.

How do you see it?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How much weight do we give to QBs? I'd pick Mahomes and Malcolm Brown as the best just because of Mahomes.

Rodgers and Jones would be next.

I think I'd take Stafford, Akers and McVay over the rest, but I think I'd only take them over Tannehil and Henry because of McVay

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tannehil and Henry

That’s the tricky one for me. If you rank RB’s... Henry is probably tops of them all. But paired with Tannehill the combo slides down the list, IMO.

I put more weight on the QB, myself.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I would have us at 3, behind KC and GB. That is with a LOT of weight given to the QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who are the top QB? I think that pretty much is the list
1) Mahomes
2) Rodgers
3) Stafford
#4-? Josh Allen? Brady? Too soon on Herbert?
I know giving credit to Wussel is borderline sacrilege around here, and any Seahawk in general, but Wilson/Carson is a pretty damned good combo when Carson is healthy

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll take the hate...I’d say top ten. Not top 3 possibly top 5. Jackson & Dobbins RAVENS, Brady & Jones BUCS, (maybe) Herbert & Eckler CHARGERS, Cousins & Cook VIKINGS off the top of my head.

I sure as hell want the Rams as #1. I see a few more who were passed over as possible top combos.

Last edited:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Cam has to prove he can handle a full season before I can rank them in the top 5.
I think potentially they could be top three.
If you add Henderson, I think we rank in the top 5 backfields in the league.
Both Henderson and Cam have not proved they can stay healthy, but while one
misses time with injury the machine keeps rolling, regardless of who is toting the rock.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got to say, if we are basing off who will have best production? Hard to beat these 2 guys. Last year they combined for 6,300 yards and 53 TD
That’s how I see it right now. I like Stafford, he’s not a top 3 QB yet. I sure hope he will be.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
That’s the tricky one for me. If you rank RB’s... Henry is probably tops of them all. But paired with Tannehill the combo slides down the list, IMO.

I put more weight on the QB, myself.
I don't know CGI, dude has a 55-13 TD/INT ratio and a high 60's completion percentage since
leaving Miami.
Here's to hoping Stafford's number's make a big jump comparative to Tanny's

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's tough to pick a QB/RB combo with so many teams running a committee in the backfield.

Unfortunately, Brady and Fournett are up there on this list as well.

I am extremely excited to see what Stafford can accomplish with a solid rushing attack and defense.
Stafford has rarely had either, let alone both.
I have a hard time believing that Stafford and Akers won't be at, or near the top of this list this year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If McVay offers a balanced approach to his offense, then I'd say top 3 perhaps, ... If Stafford is allowed to go gunslinging, then who knows. I'll reserve an answer until after we've played a couple games. jmo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember a worn out QB who had been to several teams before landing in LA. He had Marcus Allen. Jim Plunkett had been a 1st round bust at New England, but then came to the Raiders and won two SuperBowls with them. I still can't believe that he did that.

We have someone better than Plunkett now. Marcus Allen was one of the greatest ever, but it's a different game these days and the QB is much more important than a ground and pound run game. Our defense is legit and after we GET A CENTER THAT'S WORTH A DAMN, who knows how far we can go with this team?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like Mahomes but I think Helaire showed he’s not that durable and the way the Bucs handled them in the SB might give a look at how to knock them down.

Like others have said, picking a pair is difficult in today’s NFL. RB by committee, Jackson QB/RB slash vs Rogers, does the beast in Tennessee loft his QB (who has proved he’s no slouch).

I think Stafford and Akers have to prove it and I’m looking forward to it.

nighttrain

Legend
I think Stafford and (Akers + Hendo) have to prove it and I’m looking forward to it.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Stafford and Akers should put us up in that top 3 range but that's somewhat reliant on our ability to field an O-line that is at least as good as last year's. Akers is a natural, he's legit and Stafford is only going to help him shine brighter.

KC: Mahomes is phenomenal, obviously, but he and CEH are going to be in for an adjustment, playing this season behind a line that promises to be much less experienced and considerably less talented than what they're used to. Losing Schwartz and Fisher alone would be tough, but they are essentially replacing the whole line and are even more strapped for cash than we are. I have a hard time putting them in the top 3 right now... but I don't know where else to put them? Cant put them outside the top 5.

GB: top 3, maybe 1.

TEN: Henry and Tannehill were no joke. I still miss Saffold. They are up here, somewhere.

SEA: Wilson and Carson probably belong in the top 5, they can be as good as any duo, at least for 8 or 9 games a year. Again, shit O-line. Maybe it's because I am a Rams fan or maybe it's because they are the Seahawks, but I can't put them up there, so... to fill out a top 5...

DAL: Elliot and Dak probably belong up here if Dak hadn't been injured last season... so I'll go with that.
I could see Buffalo drafting a badass RB to pair with Allen.

I realize we are ranking backfields, not the guys blocking for them, but the production of the one is totally reliant on the performance of the other and this is all just projection of production.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Akers and this guy below has to be #1 right?? Or at least tied with Rodgers and Jones.

Every time I watch more highlights of Stafford I see more incredible shit, he's going to be insane with McVay. And Akers showed last year he's the best rookie of last years class and one of the best young backs in the league.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo37XL1mVy0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptJBIC5vh4A
If you haven't seen this one, your gonna want to. They are from 2019
when he only played 8 games. Yet it's got several amazing passes in it.Dimes and one where he zips
a TD through 4 defenders. Freakin Crazy.

View: https://youtu.be/b5Zcrb7nM0U

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Green Bay is first by some distance IMO. But we're in that group right there after them. And that my friends is something we're gonna feel. Goff & Gurley was pretty damn good however the RB was a bit more of the equation than he should have been. These two guys aren't gonna get all the hype, well at least not this offseason, but they're both poised to play their best ball in the same window.