Top Gun: Maverick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Saw it yesterday.
Totally badass.
Probably going to see it again- soon.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yep. I think it was well done. They used just enough from the first movie to make it funny.

The way they wrote in Iceman and how they incorporated Val was a very nice moment.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saw it yesterday.
Totally badass.
Probably going to see it again- soon.

Do you mind?

kramer-pirate.gif

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
you ever go to a movie with high expectations , only to be disappointed ?

well...........

this wasn't one of them

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn’t a fan of the end. I’d say 7 out of 10. That’s just me.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I wasn’t a fan of the end. I’d say 7 out of 10. That’s just me.
Kinda sorta agree.
Waltzing into an enemy airbase and grabbing an F-14…

Little over the top, but hey, gave ‘em a way to use the “ you told me not to think” line.

Still, might take it down to a 9.5 - not a 7.
I assume you saw the original - that a 7 also?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kinda sorta agree.
Waltzing into an enemy airbase and grabbing an F-14…

Little over the top, but hey, gave ‘em a way to use the “ you told me not to think” line.

Still, might take it down to a 9.5 - not a 7.
I assume you saw the original - that a 7 also?
Thanks for telling me my opinion. I appreciate that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I enjoyed it and for the simple fact it has Jennifer Connelly it gets at least an 8.5/10. Yes it has some far fetched scenarios and some of the old faithful plot lines but that's the point. I enjoyed the movie and found me laughing more than I thought I would while still enjoying the action.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So anyone know what the name of those jacked up Imax theaters are called and if there's one either near Reno, NV or maybe between Reno and San Luis Obispo? I am planning to head down to SLO for father's day weekend with my boys so we could do it then.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice when you don"t have to obey Cali motorcycle helmet laws. 8.5 out of 10 for me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So anyone know what the name of those jacked up Imax theaters are called and if there's one either near Reno, NV or maybe between Reno and San Luis Obispo? I am planning to head down to SLO for father's day weekend with my boys so we could do it then.
I think Galaxy in Legends has those not sure though.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what route you plan to take, but there’s one in Concord called the Veranda off 680 and another in the Dublin/ Pleasanton area at the 580/680 interchange.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Saw the original Top Gun while I was in a hospital with my mom (it was a fun moment). I liked it...but the lady playing Maverick's love-interest was so...wooden in her acting, particularly when she expresses her love for Maverick after Goose dies. I haven't seen the latest, but it's something I'm interested to see.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you hated the first, you will hate this as well.

If you loved the first you'll probably love this too because it's pretty much the same movie.

I think I was the only person in the cinema who would have rather put a gun to my head than be there, but Mrs UK had bought tickets for her nephew and niece and I was forced to go on pain of death.

If you'd asked me to list my most hated movies of all time the first Top Gun would have been loitering around the top.

If you like films written strictly to a formula with no plot twists that you weren't expecting around about minute two of the movie, then this is definitely for you.

Having said all that, some of the action sequences were breathtakingly good and it was worth watching for those alone.

Tom Cruise annoys me.

He's 3 weeks younger than me but looks 15 years younger and is ripped like a side of beef.

He's also wealthy, good looking, funny, and incredibly hard working.

What's not to be annoyed about?

But he's so fucking charismatic that I can't help but like him in almost everything he does, including this.

I'd probably have hated this as much as the first if I'd watched it on a TV, but I quite enjoyed it....surprisingly.

If you love high-octane moves, you're not a raving pedant like I am and you find it easy to suspend belief (such as when TC is aiming to hit Mach 10 (the current world record is Mach 3.3, so that is some step up) and starts banking the fucking plane at Mach 9, then you will love it.

Tano

Legend
If you hated the first, you will hate this as well.

If you loved the first you'll probably love this too because it's pretty much the same movie.

I think I was the only person in the cinema who would have rather put a gun to my head than be there, but Mrs UK had bought tickets for her nephew and niece and I was forced to go on pain of death.

If you'd asked me to list my most hated movies of all time the first Top Gun would have been loitering around the top.

If you like films written strictly to a formula with no plot twists that you weren't expecting around about minute two of the movie, then this is definitely for you.

Having said all that, some of the action sequences were breathtakingly good and it was worth watching for those alone.

Tom Cruise annoys me.

He's 3 weeks younger than me but looks 15 years younger and is ripped like a side of beef.

He's also wealthy, good looking, funny, and incredibly hard working.

What's not to be annoyed about?

But he's so fucking charismatic that I can't help but like him in almost everything he does, including this.

I'd probably have hated this as much as the first if I'd watched it on a TV, but I quite enjoyed it....surprisingly.

If you love high-octane moves, you're not a raving pedant like I am and you find it easy to suspend belief (such as when TC is aiming to hit Mach 10 (the current world record is Mach 3.3, so that is some step up) and starts banking the fucking plane at Mach 9, then you will love it.
Damn Brit just doesn't like American Military Movies - still feeling sour about 1776