Top graded safeties so far this season (PFF)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's too short to play safety though!

Lol that is one critcism I remember very well from before the season. Thought it was laughable then and still feel the same way.

Think we have a good safety combination for the future with Joyner and Johnson. Just gotta get Joyner resigned after this season. Should be a no brainer.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just think. We had this dude as our slot cover corner the last couple years. Imagine how much better he would be. He’s basically a rookie again. Big fan of Joyner.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Just think. We had this dude as our slot cover corner the last couple years. Imagine how much better he would be. He’s basically a rookie again. Big fan of Joyner.

I always thought he was miscast as a nickel corner, and that he should be moved to FS. I'm not the only one that thought that either.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Joyner is a baller... Ignore the hard knocks face to face drama scene... For an undersized dude he's always welcomed in our Rams secondary and IMO exceeded expectations. I'm happy for him.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
John Johnson gets a lot of love from PFF too. I’m happy with our safety situation bearing in mind Cody Davis too

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

MachS

Hall of Fame
And Fisher stuck him at nickleback for the past two years..what a joke.

Ellard80

Legend
And Fisher stuck him at nickleback for the past two years..what a joke.

I could totally see Fisher being a nickleback fan... but forcing Joyner to stuck with them for two years is North Korean type torture.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The guy is absolutely fearless and will not hesitate to stick his nose in there and knock your ass off.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Joyner excellent at FS concern is durability, but he's tough and I hope the Rams extend him. John Johnson looks slow to me, playing better than Alexander, however, right now Johnson in the right place, but reacts slow and runs even slower. I'm hoping another year in the system will improve Johnson, but I would look to draft another Strong Safety come April.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Johnson isn't too far off, according to PFF..
1711-NFL-ROY.jpg

10. JOHN JOHNSON III, S, LOS ANGELES RAMS
PFF Grade: 81.1

PFF Elite Stat: Johnson ranks sixth among safeties who’ve been targeted at least 10 times as the primary defender in coverage with an average of just 0.29 yards surrendered per coverage snap.

Johnson ranks 17th among safeties for the season with an 83.9 coverage grade and he’s finished 5-of-7 games since Week 4 (the first week he really started to see playing time) with an overall grade of at least 73.0. Johnson is currently tied with Eddie Jackson with a 26.7 forced incompletion rate, they share the fourth-best rate among safeties who’ve seen at least 10 targets into their coverage.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2017-nfl-rookie-rankings-through-week-11