Top 5 secondaries in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shawnbb158

Starter
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ondaries?campaign=fb-nf-sf15030149-sf15030149

5. St. Louis Rams: No one talks about the Rams secondary because of their great defensive line, but they are the quiet key to this defense. Perhaps no other group flies to the football and tackles better than this collection of physical cornerbacks. While they can give up the occasional big play, Janoris Jenkins, Lamarcus Joyner, Rodney McLeod, T.J. McDonald and Trumaine Johnson are insistently aggressive.

Gettin some love

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This defense has really come together. It's fucking awesome!!!!

jap

Legend
Mark Barron should be considered an honorary member of the secondary because his skills really straddles both the LB/SS roles.

jap

Legend
The theme of the Horns secondary? "We will, we will ROCK YOU!!!" :lifting::shooting::seizure::boxing:

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
3 of the top 5 are in the NFC west; Arizona #1, Seattle #3 & Rams @ #5.

Former Ram Darian Steward got a shout out for his work on the #2 Denver secondary

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We may get a look into the future secondary Sunday if Mo Alexander gets his first chance to start at strong safety in place of the damaged TJ McDonald who is fighting through two different nagging injuries. Mo Alexander sure let his presence be known quickly last week in his cameo appearance late. Its was ....how can we get him on the field now! ... reaction by me. WOW!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
An excellent point!!!
WE all know that Ogletree was utilized very much the same as Mark Barron. Tree has great range for a Lber who is just as good maybe better in pass defense than in run defense. How unlikely that Snead would have two very similar back seven defenders with the same very unusual skills on the same team?

I can't wait to see them both healthy & both on the field & both lining up @ both OSLB'ing posts.....the NFC post season playoffs just might :shocked::headexplosion::bueller:

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I wish there was a highlight video of this secondary out there. Would love to see some of those hits. Hardest hitting secondary in the league in my eyes.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I can't wait to see them both healthy & both on the field & both lining up @ both OSLB'ing posts.....the NFC post season playoffs just might :shocked::headexplosion::bueller:
Me too....Don't sleep on Ayers...he has tremendously improved as a cover LB.....and his hitting/run stopping ability is 2nd to none.....He has played very well the last two weeks....

To the OP...I still think a D-line like ours allows the secondary to play very fast...and furious....and the depth makes players step up their game....Looking at you McLeod! No more glaring mistakes.....Seems as if he's got the point...Stay deep...make the open field tackles..

GoldenAges

UDFA
Name
Gold
Trumaine Johnson and Janoris Jenkins are the top CB tandem in the NFL right now In my humble opinion. You have really got to give the coaching staff some credit for bringing in Barron and using him in an unorthodox role. That took some really good vision and some pretty big Kahunas as well giving up a 4th and 6th round pick to bring him in.

For my money, this Rams defense is the best in football and the secondary is a huge reason why. Especially the corners. That is a great tandem and they give the DC so much flexibility because they are straight up locking everyone down.