Top 10 Receiving Corps of All Time!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Here"s a football fact nugget on both the '51 Rams QB's (Waterfield, Van Brocklin) and the 2001 QB's ( Warner, Bulger). Only one team in league history has had two QB's with the highest passer rating. The Rams. Waterfield and Van Brocklin ended the '51 season rated one two. Not only has no other team in NFL history had their QB's rated one-two, the Rams have done it twice! Warner and Bulger ended the 2001 season the top two rated QB's.

I don't think this is correct, Bulger spent 01 on our practice squad and Jamie Martin was our backup if I remember but I know he didn't play until 02 and that was when Warner had his sudden crash into mediocrity until he got to the Cardinals. I thought you may have been thinking Warner and Trent Green in 2000 but both were beaten by Brian Griese of all people for the top spot. But either way, still been blessed to watch some great QBs on the Rams. I just wish they would have longer careers with the Rams once they become elite. Unless I misread what you meant which is possible.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, that pissed me off, but at the same time it's not Romo's fault our defense let them score 51 points.
No but the defense giving up at least 48 is why he was able to throw for 500+, so there's that

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The only time I ever though that was in jeopardy was back in 2013. @Rynie probably has nightmares about this one. Tony Romo had well over 500 yards and got the ball in OT at his own 20. Denver couldn't come close to stopping him in the 2nd half and I thought for sure we were about to see history
Well, then Romo went Romo....

I watched the end of the game that Warren Moon had 527 yards, he is the closest.

Here is a fun link for "The 500 Club". You can see some videos of the games too...........by the way another one of our guys is in it, but not Warner.

Brees did it twice.......wow.

http://www.profootballhof.com/news/500-club/

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched the end of the game that Warren Moon had 527 yards, he is the closest.

Here is a fun link for "The 500 Club". You can see some videos of the games too...........by the way another one of our guys is in it, but not Warner.

Brees did it twice.......wow.

http://www.profootballhof.com/news/500-club/
I don't think Moon got the ball back after they put the game away though right? I think they went up 27-10 and he didn't throw again?
Romo had 506 and had the ball in his hands in OT. He had just thrown for 150 yards in the 4th quarter alone. I had no doubt he was going to break 554. Then he threw his only interception of the game.....

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
The GSOT was a special place and time. Yet every game against the Bucs (and occasionally the Saints) was a wake up call. On offense, today's Rams are more Robinson/Dickerson (ceiling, if Goff is Everett keeping Dickerson) or Knox/Bettis (floor). Fisher/Gurley may now be closer to Fisher/George than Fisher/Jackson but time will tell. We have a 70's Defense, but just as sporadic an offense.

If only we can develop Robinson, Saffolld, Barnes, Brown, Havenstien (maybe plug in Donnel, Wichmann, Battle) into anything close to France, Mack, Saul,, Harrah, Williams then this will be the third best Ram team in history (99-01 is #1, '49-55 #2).

As a Ram historian, I temper my enthusiasm UNTIL I see pronged HEALTH on O, D, and ST. Hope for the best based on talent ('99-'04), but I KNOW that even Rich Brooks can get lucky or unlucky based on turnovers.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Warner would have probably posted a 6K yard passing year with the jokes rules and QB protection penalties in today's game.

He might've done it then. Before he broke his thumb in week 7 in 2000, he was averaging 376 passing yards per game, and the Rams were averaging 43 points.