Top 10 Reasons Fisher Still Has A Job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
1. We haven't seen the kid play.
2. Plausible deniability and general incompetence on the part of players, staff and front office.
3. No succession plan in place.
4. Nice guy, who people genuinely like.
5. Has moved a team before.
6. Played at USC / California local.
7. Team plays for him (not counting the 4th quarter because I did not see it).
8. Drafted Goff
9. Hired Snead
10. Will keep the team relevant in the eyes of the most loyal of fans (due largely to defense and not getting blown out in games... usually)

Did I miss anything? I would love to hear more reasons. I did my very best to be constructive here. I am genuinely curious as to how the fuck this is acceptable?

Last edited:

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Stan hired Fisher because he knew he was moving the team to L.A., Jeff was from SoCal, had been a team relocating before, and had been a head coach in the league. Stan moving the Rams back to L.A. was the plan when he bought the team-----and it had nothing to do with St. Louis or the fans, except that the team would be worth more money in L.A. Now, if this team continues to perform like last night it will affect the value of the team and Fisher will be out.

Bruce2980

Starter
Nice theory, did you come up with that all on your own? That sounds like Stan to me from the little I have heard about him. And I know people that know how to make money, they think just like that. Off this subject but, that is why the BS rumor about him making Fisher choose Goff and trade up is BS. It's all about making money. None of his sports teams do anything. $$$

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stan hired Fisher because he knew he was moving the team to L.A., Jeff was from SoCal, had been a team relocating before, and had been a head coach in the league. Stan moving the Rams back to L.A. was the plan when he bought the team-----and it had nothing to do with St. Louis or the fans, except that the team would be worth more money in L.A. Now, if this team continues to perform like last night it will affect the value of the team and Fisher will be out.

That's real.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
15. Because he's already been paid for this year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
17:

fishfinger.gif

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
18. Because Kronke thinks that the NFL won't let him move into the new stadium if the fans support them in the Coliseum?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I really believe that Jeff Fisher cares...I really believe that he thinks he's giving this team their best chance to win...I really believe that the game may have indeed passed him by... I really believe that If I was a player I'd be thrilled to play for him...My wife once got really pissed at me and laid into me with "You have to quit being their friend and be their Dad"...I hate to admit it, but she was right...Fisher needs to quit being their friend and be the coach...I believe that I wish I could say hell with it, I can't watch this anymore...Got too much of my fandom life invested in them...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really believe that Jeff Fisher cares...I really believe that he thinks he's giving this team their best chance to win...I really believe that the game may have indeed passed him by... I really believe that If I was a player I'd be thrilled to play for him...My wife once got really pissed at me and laid into me with "You have to quit being their friend and be their Dad"...I hate to admit it, but she was right...Fisher needs to quit being their friend and be the coach...I believe that I wish I could say hell with it, I can't watch this anymore...Got too much of my fandom life invested in them...
Could be..but isn't it a little late to have this realization in year five? I don't care what he realizes anymore, we need a good young coach and not a re-tread, imo.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Could be..but isn't it a little late to have this realization in year five? I don't care what he realizes anymore, we need a good young coach and not a re-tread, imo.

Can't argue anymore...I took a long time to jump off the Fisher wagon, but I'm clear of it...To quote a often-used phrase: NEXT MAN UP !!!!!!!!!!