Tony Softli News and Notes from OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tonysoftli.com/2013/05/25/rams-nfc-west-foes-to-get-their-fill-of-a-big-cookie/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tonysoftli.com/2013/05/25/ra ... ig-cookie/</a>

Not only has Givens gotten bigger, he has maintained his elite speed. It was on full display today as he blew by several Rams defenders on a few deep-ball receptions from Bradford. All told, Givens has gained four pounds of muscle and truly reshaped his physique.

The lost man in the rubble of Rams running backs has emerged and is turning heads with his size, burst, acceleration and natural receiving skills. Terrance Ganaway is the only Rams RB with the size that teams covet, and his athletic ability is starting to shine with every carry. Keep an eye on this big boy in the battle for the RB slots on the 53-man roster.

Quick had a good day after missing a large chuck of practice time Thursday with tight hamstrings. He flashed good movement and snatched several balls out of the air with good body balance and control. This receiver competition is really starting to heat up.

It’s good to see defensive back Darian Stewart back in the mix for a job. One can’t help but watch his leadership, natural awareness and football instincts in space and close to the LOS. If Stewart can stay healthy, the back end of the Rams’ defense will be very good.

Highlights from Thursday and Friday’s practice sessions included viewing Bradford during his drill work. The QB pushed to perfect his timing and anticipation with receivers, running backs and tight ends. Offensive and defensive linemen also hit the bags and sleds, polishing play recognition and responsibility, while linebackers and defensive backs concentrated on zone drops, footwork (backpedaling and turns with burst) and, of course one-on-one drills.

The Rams came together to compete in seven-on-seven drills and team work, with the offense pitted against the defense in situational football (down and distance and red zone). Second-year kicker Greg Zuerlein and punter Johnny Hekker, both of whom were asked to grow up in a hurry as rookies, fine-tuned their techniques and craft on the far field.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
The RB competition will be fun to watch. I could see us potentially carrying all 4.

Don't forget Cunningham.

We got some players lined up to fill the SJ void.

jap

Legend
libertadrocks said:
The RB competition will be fun to watch. I could see us potentially carrying all 4.

Don't forget Cunningham who might still figure into the mix. Alternatively, he may be PUP'ed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jap said:
libertadrocks said:

Don't forget Cunningham who might still figure into the mix. Alternatively, he may be PUP'ed.

Jinx! You can't talk until someone says your name twice!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
libertadrocks said:

Don't forget Cunningham.

You're right. He momentarily slipped my mind. Cunningham will really fun to watch. He has a some serious God given abilities

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
libertadrocks said:
CGI_Ram said:
libertadrocks said:

Don't forget Cunningham.

You're right. He momentarily slipped my mind. Cunningham will really fun to watch. He has a some serious God given abilities

I think jap's probably right; if everyone is healthy, Cunningham might go to the IR.

jap

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
libertadrocks said:
CGI_Ram said:
libertadrocks said:

Don't forget Cunningham.

I think jap's probably right; if everyone is healthy, Cunningham might go to the IR.

I can't take credit for that one. Someone mention that possibility earlier.