Tom Brady suspended 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How long will Tom Brady be suspended?

• 2 games

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • 4 games

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • 6 games

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • 8 games

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • The whole season

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Who are you kidding? He won't be suspended at all

Votes: 47 32.9%

• Total voters

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...appeal-of-four-game-suspension-via-the-nflpa/

Tom Brady files appeal of four-game suspension via the NFLPA
Posted by Josh Alper on May 14, 2015

Ever since the NFL handed down a four-game suspension for Tom Brady on Monday, we’ve been waiting for official word of an appeal from the Patriots quarterback.

It came on Thursday afternoon. The NFLPA released a statement confirming that Brady is appealing the suspension and included a call for the league to have a third-party arbitrator hear the appeal rather than by NFL Commissoner Roger Goodell or someone appointed by Goodell.

“Given the NFL’s history of inconsistency and arbitrary decisions in disciplinary matters, it is only fair that a neutral arbitrator hear this appeal,” the statement reads. “If Ted Wells and the NFL believe, as their public comments stated, that the evidence in their report is ‘direct’ and ‘inculpatory,’ then they should be confident enough to present their case before someone who is truly independent.”

Brady has lined up attorney Jeffrey Kessler to be part of his legal team for the appeal, which must be heard within 10 days.
Awesome!

Now the appeal process can cross examine Brady, and re-review the evidence. This is not going to work in his favor.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...tes-that-patriots-cheated-during-game-in-2008

Karlos Dansby thinks Patriots cheat too

It turns out that A.J. Feeley isn't the only person who thinks the Patriots are cheaters, Browns linebacker Karlos Dansby thinks the Patriots cheat too.

During an interview with ProFootballTalk.com on Thursday, Dansby claims that while he was with the Cardinals in 2008, there was a problem with his headset while the team was playing in New England and he doesn't think the problem was an accident.

"My headset was working fine, every game," Dansby said. "Until the very last game of the year. We get in Foxboro, they couldn't get my headset fixed, for nothing in the world."

The game against New England was Arizona's 15th game of the season, which means that the Cardinals' headsets worked perfectly for 14 games and then somehow malfunctioned in Foxboro.

"I didn't have not one problem until I went into Foxboro," Dansby said. "You can ask anybody on that team that year. We didn't have no problems with my headset until I got to Foxboro. And, man, I tell you every time I came to the sidelines, taking my helmet off trying to fix it. They was trying to fix it, they couldn't get it fixed. So we had to give hand signals, and we were dead in the water. They ran when they wanted to run, they threw it when they wanted to throw."

Not only did Dansby have trouble with his headset, Cardinals backup quarterback Matt Leinart also had trouble with his in a snowy game that Arizona would lose by 40.

After all was said and done, the Patriots totaled 512 offensive yards in a 47-7 win over an Arizona team that would eventually play in Super Bowl XLIII.

The loss to New England was Arizona's largest of the season and Dansby definitely thinks the Patriots cheated. During his interview with PFT, the former Cardinals linebacker was asked if he thought his broken headset was an accident or something done deliberately.

"C'mon, man. C'mon," Dansby said. "It's not a secret. They gotta do what they gotta do to win, man. They gonna do what they gotta do to win. It's just how they operate."

The Patriots were in the thick of the AFC playoff race in 2008, but ended up not making the postseason, despite an 11-5 record.

Dansby's cheating claim is the second one against the Patriots this week.

On Wednesday, Feeley said he saw Tom Brady using 'illegal' footballs during a game in 2004. However, Brady has nothing to do with the latest cheating claim. The Patriots quarterback didn't play against the Cardinals because he sat out the final 15 games of the 2008 season after tearing his ACL in Week 1.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The damn is breaking. People are starting to feel comfortable coming out. There is no way the Cheatriots survive the PR debacle that's forthcoming. Their "dynasty" bs-label is indelibly tarnished.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just got a text from Ewe my sister. She composed a short Deflate Gate poem.

Whether the weather be cold,
or whether the weather be hot,
Whatever the weather, Brady cheated
Whether Patriot fans like it or not!:cry:

Please let her know so many of us miss her a ton.

I love that lady!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

To hell with these guys. Do they really think that everyone in this country has the collective intelligence of a fucking gnat? Fuck them. I think that they should be docked another few high draft picks (I think three first round picks for the next three years and their 2016 second is good enough), fined another million or so, have to sit Belicheat for the next decade, and suspend Tom Bitchy for another two years just for coming up with that bullshit excuse.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I hope once this appeal gets going that the NFL will be able to subpoena Brady's text messages and all other electronic communications. This includes all electronic messages from the Pat's official and both equipment managers. This would include other private devices that they were unable to force them, all of them, turn over. I am sure this will make for a very embarrassing and enlightening exercise that I do believe the Pats and Brady will regret. He should have taken what I believe was too lenient a punishment.

I am going to also love when they get McNally on the stand and ask him about his alleged weight loss! Only thing that was getting lost was PSI and integrity!

lockdnram21

Legend
When it's all said and done Brady want be put more then 2 games watch. They have no concrete evidence. It's all here say

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
When it's all said and done Brady want be put more then 2 games watch. They have no concrete evidence. It's all here say
video of the guy going into the bathroom with the balls is hearsay? a drastic drip in fumble rates after the rule change is hearsay? text msgs about transforming the balls is hearsay?

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Great Interview about Deflategate with author of Skypgate Book. Must Listen.

Wells came out after the report and said "that he has more than enough evidence to convict Brady in a Court of Law"

Tonight I am proud to welcome SpyGate Author Bryan O'Leary to the Sports Talk Nation as we discuss not only his book "Spygate: The Untold Story," but I will get his take and analysis of the Ted Wells' report that has uncovered another New England Patriots centered scandal. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is at the center of Deflategate, and could face a severe punishment from the NFL as soon as this week. We will talk about the latest

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/openmi...te-interview-with-spygate-author-bryan-oleary
I couldn't get the link to work (page not found)

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I couldn't get the link to work (page not found)
what the heck, did they take it down already? i just listened to it 2hrs ago. Let me have a look when I am back at my desk - on my mobile right now.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard

You do understand this is akin to a civil case where it take a preponderance of the evidence which is clear there is. It is not hearsay when you have the direct text messages from two of the implicated parties. That is direct evidence to their conversation that goes to motive, means and opportunity.

When you take into account there is an interview in which Brady states he like deflated footballs. (motive)

You have two equipment managers discussing how Brady is irritated that the balls were too inflated and that they needed to correct it (coercion). During these messages they indicate that McNally (Deflater) wants certain items in return for said services. It was released that he received shoes (kicks in his texts), signed footballs and a signed game day jersey. What explains McNally's demands and Brady's gift to said equipment manager? The equipment manager travels with the team and prepares the Patriots balls on game day and brings them to the field. (means)

You have game day balls missing for 1:40 in which McNally was caught on camera taking the balls into the restroom after they were inspected by league officials. This is the only time that the balls were outside NFL officials observation. (opportunity)

As for scientific evidence you have the measure PSI in the balls from initial inspection and after confiscation. There are people that point to the fact that it was cold and this reduces PSI, which is true, but there was a "control' sample in the Colts footballs that clearly showed that the Pats footballs has not only lost more PSI than could be accounted for by environmental factor to include temp and barometric pressure. Regardless of which gauge was used there was a clear loss of PSI in the Pats footballs that was not present in the Colts footballs.

If you take this evidence the only conclusion that makes them them all make sense is the fact that the equipment managers did what Brady coerced them to do. It is beyond ridiculous to think that a guy who named himself the Deflater did it due to weight loss when you can see in pics he has not lost much if any weight. Or that said equipment manager took the ball into the restroom, with enough time to deflate the ball, to take a leak. All of this also doesn't account for how football that were in the physical possession of the Deflator loss PSI as Brady had requested. It is also ridiculous to think the text messages that implicated Brady and the equipment managers was just jocular joking! You might be able to believe one of the Pats/Brady's lawyers explanations but you need to believe all of them to say Brady isn't implicated by the preponderance of the evidence. Also in a civil case if one of the litigants destroys evidence or wont produce it the jury has the latitude to determine the evidence (Brady's text and McNally additional testimony) was of a negative nature in regards to the defenses case.

One last note is that there is a study that show that once this rule, helped by Brady himself, was enacted that the Patriots fumble rate dropped to a rate that had a probability of about 15K to 1. No other team was outsite of about 150 to 1 and that was the Falcons that play indoors and also play Div rival in either domes or warm weather sites not like the Patriots that play in mostly cold weather stadium vs Div rival to exclude Mia. This may show it was something the Patriots were aware of or an unintended consequence of Tom Brady's cheating.

Here is a link to a great synopsis by one of the most respected analytical websites out there. Please read the whole article since there is great information through out.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/fivethirtyeight-dissects-the-deflategate-report/

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Great Interview about Deflategate with author of Skypgate Book. Must Listen.

Wells came out after the report and said "that he has more than enough evidence to convict Brady in a Court of Law"

Tonight I am proud to welcome SpyGate Author Bryan O'Leary to the Sports Talk Nation as we discuss not only his book "Spygate: The Untold Story," but I will get his take and analysis of the Ted Wells' report that has uncovered another New England Patriots centered scandal. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is at the center of Deflategate, and could face a severe punishment from the NFL as soon as this week. We will talk about the latest

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/openmi...te-interview-with-spygate-author-bryan-oleary
Sorry, posted bad link. Here's interview.

[av]http://www.blogtalkradio.com/openmikeshow/2015/05/13/deflategate-interview-with-spygate-author-bryan-oleary.mp3[/av]

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope once this appeal gets going that the NFL will be able to subpoena Brady's text messages and all other electronic communications. This includes all electronic messages from the Pat's official and both equipment managers. This would include other private devices that they were unable to force them, all of them, turn over. I am sure this will make for a very embarrassing and enlightening exercise that I do believe the Pats and Brady will regret. He should have taken what I believe was too lenient a punishment.

I am going to also love when they get McNally on the stand and ask him about his alleged weight loss! Only thing that was getting lost was PSI and integrity!

They won't be able to. It's an appeal. That wasn't evidence that factored into the punishment. EDIT: I take this back, just read an article saying they can compel him to turn it over. You're right rking.

As for the McNally weight loss claim, it is truly insulting. The Patriots organization must think we're all idiots if they think that's believable

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My post at RamStalk back on May 6 :

Team - loss of 2016 & 2017 first round draft picks.
Owner - $1mil. fine
Coach Bilichick - 1 year suspension.
Brady - 8 game suspension

Now that Brady has decided to appeal his suspension, it would be great if the arbitrators actually increased the penalties. Fat chance, but it would be deserved imo. I still can't believe Billichick got off scot free.

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1109808

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
They won't be able to. It's an appeal. That wasn't evidence that factored into the punishment
What are the rules around an NFL appeal?

I imagine these are heard in a law office somewhere with a former judge or panel sitting in. But any details would be appreciated.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
After this appeal... they should increase his suspension to 8 games.

Even if they made it the whole season, I'll probably consider that too lenient at this point. It'll be the biggest joke in the world if independent arbitrators found the Cheatriots innocent in all of this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Players will get the message now. Don't LIE to the league when they ask you questions. They don't like it and they will whack you and your team harder if you bullshit them.

I hope this FINALLY puts to rest the dumb meme that the NFL favors the Patriots and Goodell and Kraft are tight. That whoe thing has bothered me, it's such a cheap cop out from actual fact.