Todd Haley anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Montanaramfan

Rookie
After watching Pittsburgh destroy Buffalo's defense today I can't help but imagine what a Haley-led Ram offense would look like. I know there are reports that some players don't like Haley but does he get the job done? Has he learned from past mistakes? I think one of the problems with Fisher is he might be too close to his players and that gets in the way of him holding them accountable. That, and the fact that the Boras/Fisher offense is so limited, will always keep us in the lower fourth in offensive rankings.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
After watching Pittsburgh destroy Buffalo's defense today I can't help but imagine what a Haley-led Ram offense would look like. I know there are reports that some players don't like Haley but does he get the job done? Has he learned from past mistakes? I think one of the problems with Fisher is he might be too close to his players and that gets in the way of him holding them accountable. That, and the fact that the Boras/Fisher offense is so limited, will always keep us in the lower fourth in offensive rankings.
Meh, I feel the same for him as I do McDaniels.

1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Kyle Shanahan
3. Matt Patricia

Those are my clear cut top three if we can nab 1 or 2, we will be playoff bound in 2017 bank on it. We could be with Patricia but he's more of an unknown imo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not Jeff Fisher. So he's already crossed my first concern off the list.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Meh, I feel the same for him as I do McDaniels.

1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Kyle Shanahan
3. Matt Patricia

Those are my clear cut top three if we can nab 1 or 2, we will be playoff bound in 2017 bank on it. We could be with Patricia but he's more of an unknown imo.

Jim Harbaugh is an overrated NFL coach. I'd much rather have Jim Bob Cooter as HC with Greg Williams as DC.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One concern that we haven't considered yet. Fisher sucks, but maybe our team sucks too. I dunno if this will be fixed overnight with a new coach.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Jim Harbaugh is an overrated NFL coach. I'd much rather have Jim Bob Cooter as HC with Greg Williams as DC.
3 consecutive, conference championships, is not overrated. I believe I heard he's the only coach to do that but not sure. You can have Cooter who we don't know will be a good hc. I'll take the more guaranteed Harbaugh over him any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

EDIT: I should clarify only coach to do it in his first three years.

Last edited:

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Personally, I had enough of Haley when he was here in KC. He and GM Scott Pioli combined to make the most toxic environment ever. Great OC, not convinced he's HC material.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

• Zero losing seasons in four years
  • Three 10+ win seasons in four years
  • One Super Bowl appearance in four years
  • Three playoff appearances in four years
  • Won 69% of his games
I'll take an overrated NFL coach. It's better than a perennial loser.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Yeah, not high on Haley....but then again, if it's him or Fisher, yeah, I love the guy :D

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Matt Patricia

Matt Patricia=NOOOOOOO
giphy.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I had enough of Haley when he was here in KC. He and GM Scott Pioli combined to make the most toxic environment ever. Great OC, not convinced he's HC material.

I have the same concerns about Haley and Kyle Shanahan. Both apparently don't connect well with players.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

I'm done with Williams at this point, too. Know how you beat his defense? quick passes, screens aND misdirection runs. Teams have figured that out.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
One concern that we haven't considered yet. Fisher sucks, but maybe our team sucks too. I dunno if this will be fixed overnight with a new coach.

IMO there is enough talent to be much more productive then they are now. On O it appears the coaching is holding back the players instead of coaching them up, it is almost like the O is tanking it. Using a playbook of disaster to limit any success that the playmakers could make on their own.

At the very least the O staff needs to be gutted and replaced, maybe keep Groh not sure about Weinke. But whoever takes over the O must be allowed to choose a staff and full control of the O, with the focus on moving the ball and scoring TDs. And sitting on a 10 point lead is unacceptable, not that this years Rams have many opportunties to do that.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
100% YES. He could develop our young playmakers into stars.

Players will buy in when we WIN.

And he has HC experience. I'm sure he's learned from past mistakes.