Todd Gurley's Best plays from 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
God I miss Gurley and I miss having a franchise back. When you have a guy like that it opens up so many more possibilities with your offense.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
He was everything McVay needed for his offense. He was the reason I loved that offense and not so much to anything recent.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Glorious. One of the greatest RBs for a team that has had the greatest RBs in this league.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hey Les... Draft a good goddamn back and fix the OL and everyone will be geniuses again.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Jeff Fisher drafted Gurley.. he helped Mcvay explode onto the scene. Mcvay hasnt come close to replacing Gurley.. maybe he and Snead will realize that something has to be done about the running game this offseason. One can wish.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man he was fun to watch. Cool to see the O-line making holes for a back and not being driven into the backfield, also.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I’d take prime Gurley over any Rams running back not named Faulk.

I’d also take almost any offense line other than the one we currently have.

Tano

Legend

I don't know - I really liked Dickerson

And if we only had the 70s 80s OL

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Me too. He had it all, size, speed, hands, vision, etc. and could do everything you want from a back at a very high level.

I remember some pretty bad ones from the Fisher era I wouldn't be anxious to see again.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I disagree on both counts.

Prime S-Jax had more yards from scrimmage than damn near everyone. When he had a good offensive line, he was the best running back in football not named LT. With a bad one, with no weapon around but him, even with injuries, he was still a 1,000 rushing yard running back who was an elite pass-catcher and pass-blocker. Gurley at his best was amazing, but when he had nothing around but him, he struggled mightily. S-Jax would still be a 1,000 rushing yard running back behind any line; I can't say that for Gurley. And I may be a S-Jax homer, but I wouldn't take him or Gurley over Dickerson and Faulk.

As for offensive lines? Between 2007-2012, we had offensive O-lines. Like, we sucked, not just because of injury, but even with healthy offensive lines. We were playing names like Jacob Bell, Jason Brown, Adam Goldberg, Brett Romburg, Mark Setterstrom, Claude Terrell, Jason Smith, etc. We SUCKED back then. This offensive line is just decimated. The ones we had in the past were decimated AND they sucked elephant balls.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I disagree on both counts.

Prime S-Jax had more yards from scrimmage than damn near everyone. When he had a good offensive line, he was the best running back in football not named LT. With a bad one, with no weapon around but him, even with injuries, he was still a 1,000 rushing yard running back who was an elite pass-catcher and pass-blocker. Gurley at his best was amazing, but when he had nothing around but him, he struggled mightily. S-Jax would still be a 1,000 rushing yard running back behind any line; I can't say that for Gurley. And I may be a S-Jax homer, but I wouldn't take him or Gurley over Dickerson and Faulk.

As for offensive lines? Between 2007-2012, we had offensive O-lines. Like, we sucked, not just because of injury, but even with healthy offensive lines. We were playing names like Jacob Bell, Jason Brown, Adam Goldberg, Brett Romburg, Mark Setterstrom, Claude Terrell, Jason Smith, etc. We SUCKED back then. This offensive line is just decimated. The ones we had in the past were decimated AND they sucked elephant balls.

I guess it depends on your preference, I suppose. I love me some SJax. I have his jersey framed on my wall.

But Gurley has more touchdowns in 5 less years. Hard to argue that Gurley would have absolutely destroyed SJaxs rams records if he stayed healthy. Gurley was a touchdown machine.

I guess in reality both were in different situations. It’s hard to compare. I love the grit of (entire career) SJax, but I love the absolute dominance of a prime Gurley.

I can’t comment on Dickerson, I was too young.

Faulk is in his own tier imo

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I guess it depends on your preference, I suppose. I love me some SJax. I have his jersey framed on my wall.

But Gurley has more touchdowns in 5 less years. Hard to argue that Gurley would have absolutely destroyed SJaxs rams records if he stayed healthy. Gurley was a touchdown machine.

I guess in reality both were in different situations. It’s hard to compare. I love the grit of (entire career) SJax, but I love the absolute dominance of a prime Gurley.

I can’t comment on Dickerson, I was too young.

Faulk is in his own tier imo

2006-2007 S-Jax had a better season than any of Gurley's. I'm not denying that Gurley was dominant; he was. But S-Jax nearly got 2,500 yards from scrimmage in that season, along with ninety receptions for a little more than 800 yards - and that was his prime, working behind a good offensive line (Alex Barron aside).

Still, it's nothing compared to Dickerson and Faulk.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
i miss Gurley .. and i really miss our last year's OL :crying: