Todd Gurley on Total Access

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I saw this today too. AP and Lynch yada! yada! yada!:jerkoff: When Gurley gets his feet under him, everyone will forget their names!!:D

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I predict this kids is going to be an excellent media personality after football. He's just got such a likeable on-screen persona.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i absolutely love this guy. no cliches, no bullshit, what you see is what you get.

A55VA6

Legend
The cool thing is people compare Gurley to Peterson and more so to Lynch.

I'm stoked to see what Gurley can do when he gets on the field.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm gettin so damn excited for training camp to see this one two

RamBill

Legend
Todd Gurley answers some topical questions
By Adam Grice

http://www.endzonescore.com/todd-gurley-answers-some-topical-questions/20351

Todd Gurley was interviewed by NFL.com. He was asked a few things but two questions and their answers struck a few chords with some people.

The first question that people heard asked was, “who did you model your game around Todd? Who in the NFL does your playing style best reflect?” Gurley gave the expected answer of – “nobody, I really do things my own way and I don’t think anyone in the NFL is similar to me.”

I hold that into question when I watch tape on both Gurley and Justin Forsett during his explosion on the scene 2014 campaign. The evasiveness and one cut abilities from both are almost identical. Now, what you are reading is not implying that Gurley copied Forsett as that would be impossible as 2014 was really the birth of Forsett’s career. What is being suggested is the fact that Gurley said no to someone being similar to him, when a 2014 Justin Forsett has very similar tape to the former college star.

In the coming season both Forsett and Gurley will play very similar roles for their franchises, depending on Gurley’s return timetable, Forsett will most likely lead the charge.

When you watch Forsett run, his elusiveness and his quick stepping cutbacks are what set him apart last season. He got out of many sticky situations by just being able to break free or to snap off an ankle bending juke. Gurley has very similar ability, if he is able to replicate Forsett’s 2014 season throughout his entire career, then records will be broken.

The second question, people were not taking too kindly to, was when Gurley was asked who he thought the top two running backs in the NFL were. His response of Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch is not far off in many people’s minds, however a lot of negativity surrounding that statement came more towards Lynch than Peterson. Many Facebook comments around the article included:-

“How is Lynch there? Charles is ten times the running back Lynch is. Lynch is a liability in the passing game.”

“How is Charles not no.2? He is an entire offense for Kansas City, when he is not there, Chiefs fans don’t watch because we already know the result.”

“How did Foster not get no.2. Foster is out and out the best tailback in the league when it comes to ripping off big gains.”

This was my favorite comment from the bunch.

“Adrian Peterson should not be included due to his suspension and Lynch is nowhere near as good as Charles. But none of these names will be uttered again in 2015 as the league will be run by Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley when he is 100% ready. ST.LOUIS RAMS BABY!!!”

Now, I am all for a rookie explosion, there’s nothing quite like it when a new guy comes out and takes the league by storm…Odell Beckham Jr anyone?… But in 2015, names like Peterson, Lynch and Charles will be mentioned week in and week out as they are the epitome of the position in the NFL. If I was to say the top two, I would put these three guys as equal as they are the electricity that the NFL needs to keep going. On any down, these three guys can absolutely turn a game on its head.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I predict this kids is going to be an excellent media personality after football. He's just got such a likeable on-screen persona.

i absolutely love this guy. no cliches, no bullcrap, what you see is what you get.

Can second all of this. Still 100% not a fan yet of this pick considering the circumstances, but let me even add maturity to the mix here. How many of these kids do we see get drafted and they just seem still overwhelmed from the whole 1st round honeymoon of "finally in the NFL experience" This kid sounds ready to play ball. Now it's up to the coaches to make this line they say will work give this kid some fucking holes.

Then we all, collectively as Rams fans. Once again, as we do every year. Pray. For no fucking injuries... :palm: Please.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Todd Gurley answers some topical questions
By Adam Grice

http://www.endzonescore.com/todd-gurley-answers-some-topical-questions/20351

Todd Gurley was interviewed by NFL.com. He was asked a few things but two questions and their answers struck a few chords with some people.

The first question that people heard asked was, “who did you model your game around Todd? Who in the NFL does your playing style best reflect?” Gurley gave the expected answer of – “nobody, I really do things my own way and I don’t think anyone in the NFL is similar to me.”

I hold that into question when I watch tape on both Gurley and Justin Forsett during his explosion on the scene 2014 campaign. The evasiveness and one cut abilities from both are almost identical. Now, what you are reading is not implying that Gurley copied Forsett as that would be impossible as 2014 was really the birth of Forsett’s career. What is being suggested is the fact that Gurley said no to someone being similar to him, when a 2014 Justin Forsett has very similar tape to the former college star.

In the coming season both Forsett and Gurley will play very similar roles for their franchises, depending on Gurley’s return timetable, Forsett will most likely lead the charge.

When you watch Forsett run, his elusiveness and his quick stepping cutbacks are what set him apart last season. He got out of many sticky situations by just being able to break free or to snap off an ankle bending juke. Gurley has very similar ability, if he is able to replicate Forsett’s 2014 season throughout his entire career, then records will be broken.

The second question, people were not taking too kindly to, was when Gurley was asked who he thought the top two running backs in the NFL were. His response of Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch is not far off in many people’s minds, however a lot of negativity surrounding that statement came more towards Lynch than Peterson. Many Facebook comments around the article included:-

“How is Lynch there? Charles is ten times the running back Lynch is. Lynch is a liability in the passing game.”

“How is Charles not no.2? He is an entire offense for Kansas City, when he is not there, Chiefs fans don’t watch because we already know the result.”

“How did Foster not get no.2. Foster is out and out the best tailback in the league when it comes to ripping off big gains.”

This was my favorite comment from the bunch.

“Adrian Peterson should not be included due to his suspension and Lynch is nowhere near as good as Charles. But none of these names will be uttered again in 2015 as the league will be run by Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley when he is 100% ready. ST.LOUIS RAMS BABY!!!”

Now, I am all for a rookie explosion, there’s nothing quite like it when a new guy comes out and takes the league by storm…Odell Beckham Jr anyone?… But in 2015, names like Peterson, Lynch and Charles will be mentioned week in and week out as they are the epitome of the position in the NFL. If I was to say the top two, I would put these three guys as equal as they are the electricity that the NFL needs to keep going. On any down, these three guys can absolutely turn a game on its head.
Who is Foster ?? The best back in NFL ,not get #2 ???

My thoughts as a Ram fan is I hope Gurley becomes the man,but he is only 20 years old &!coming off a knee injury.He has so much growing still to do.
---Tre Mason is still the man in St.Louis ,until that changes I will enjoy watching Tre mature even more this season.
Todd is the more powerful back & will be used a lot to help finish out games.The carries will get spread out.
--Still a fan of Bennie & thinks he finds carries during the season.
---Looking back to the Titans & Fisher with the dude from USC (Lendall White), is the way I see Gurley being used early in his career.He will be the guy on 3rd dwn getting the ball.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Forsett is 5'8 195 lbs

Gurley is 6'1" 231 lbs

They really aren't that similar.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
He can put together something akin to a sentence that I can understand and follow...Too many of these guys seem to have an I.Q. in the low 70s...Appears to be a level-headed, well grounded guy...Hope he can stay that way..